• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Pics Of My New Bike If You're Interested!

turboman6680

Just got it firing!
Hi folks,

Many thanks for the very kind welcome to the forum and the world of guzzi!

Here are some pics of my new bike delivered to my door yesterday - I LOVE IT!!

I intend to give my thoughts again after perhaps, 800 miles which will give me a chance to have it serviced and then start using it to its full extent.

Breva001.jpg

Breva003.jpg

Breva007.jpg

Didnt all go to plan though - was meant to come with a Guzzi top box fitted and be full of fuel - but not to worry, it has been sorted now.

Im away to play..........................seeya!:laugh:

Happy days, congrats on teh new toy.

Delivery ??? If it was mine I would want to ride it home, but each to their own I guess.

Better get some practice polishing the headers. I remember when mine were nice and shiny like yours, lasted a week B)

Just remembered, one the best ways of enhancing the experience is to check how the suspension is set up..... it isn't unheard of for the forks to be set differently, (I guess Luigi had a lunch break and forgot where he was up to....), and the standard 8 clicks on the shock is plainly not enough even for solo riding!

Graham A's suspension settings are a really good position to start from..... As I said before, there are some great folks on here sharing loads of really helpful info!

https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Breva11/GA-Notes.html

Todd!!

Unless I'm really in need of cleaning my glasses, that's a Breva 1200: chromed heads and looks like double-walled headers. (or possibly an 850 - but did those come in silver?).

Welcome, turboman!

David

Your new bike looks lovely completely in silver and I wish you much enjoyment from it.

In your first post you did say it was a Breva 1200 with three-part luggage but I'm surprised that the side panniers are the old Aprilia type rather than the newer and better designed type as fitted to the Norge. Are you sure you've got what you ordered?

Graham

Hi Graham

I was not aware of the 'newer' luggage but this doesnt matter to me as i actually really like these panniers both in look and so far at least, in quality although they are quite hard to open and close - good seal i guess!

The top box should have been on the bike but was forgotten about so its been posted to me.

Thanks. :)

Congrats to you! Looks nice in silver. Some will say the reds are faster, and I say my Sasso del Lario grey one is more exclusive. :laugh:
But a Breva is in general a great bike, in any colour.
About the panniers I can say that I like them and they are more scratch-resistant then the "newer" painted ones. For me its important, because I use them during camping in my summerholiday. You only have to pay attention when you leave your bike in the rain. Water will stay in the gap under the handlebars and flow in the pannier once you open them, so wipe them dry before opening.
It's not the case when riding in the rain, because the wind will blow the water out.

Have lots of fun on her.
Ciao Dolf. :)

David

Thanks for your feedback.

The panniers like yours (and mine) have four problems that I'm aware of:

Because of the "negative" handle design, water lies in the recess and runs inside when the lid is opened. My answer to that is to remove the pannier and turn it upside down and then on its back before opening.

Some owners have complained about the lids warping, allowing water inside. I've not had that problem after 3.5 years but my bike is garaged when not being ridden so doesn't sit stationary in the sun a lot.

The muffler sits lower when the bike is set up for the panniers. I don't know if that applies to the new design as well, but the lowering also lowers the centrestand making it even more prone to grounding. It helps to shorten the stand stop-rubber. I removed mine - it screws out - and substituted an anti-rattle button. It also helps to set up the rear suspension for your weight. Ex-factory settings can't be relied on. I did post about suspension settings long ago but I don't know if that post is on this new site. If not I can re-post it.

Some owners have had the lower-front mounting fittings come loose where they bolt to the footrest carrier. I've not had that problem but have checked tightness a couple of times. The screw into the alloy casting is only M6 so take care!

Graham

Sweet ! How does it smell ? I can't remember how a new bike smells since it's been 23 years since I had one.

BTW, that huge license plate will probably drop your fuel mileage about 1 mpg (1.6 km per gallon), but they'll know where you're from:laugh:

Not sure if this is a good place to ask but here goes. Does anyone know of a company or person that is making doubled walled pipes for the B11. I like my bike and it looks good and the pipes still clean pretty good but those spots are ugly and keeping them cleaned is not always possible. My dealer says that even the norge and the new 1200 are single walled pipes. If someone is making doubled walled pipes this would improve our bikes looks alot.

Your dealer is wrong — the Norge, 1200 Sport and Breva 1200 all have double-walled header pipes.

There was a post very recently about using the headers & muffler from a 1200 Sport on a Breva, to good effect. Expensive, but perfectly possible.

Back