RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Plastic Bag on Exhaust

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Mitch Clyman, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

A plastic bag landed smack dab on my V9 exhaust today, its bloody mess. Any ideas how to get it off my matte exhaust? :cry:

Thanks Mitch

2. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I would warm it up some and try goo gone or wd40. My wife melted her heel and that worked.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  3. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    BTDT. Several times, including the wife's boots as Wv7R mentions.

My first "fix" way back when the EV was new was the wrong approach. I used steel wool. Yes, doh, on stainless steel. I see the scars of my stooopidity whenever I ride. Sigh.

So, you ask, what works?

What Wv7R said (on a cold can!).

I have also used this: https://smile.amazon.com/Klean-Stri...paint+remover&qid=1551224352&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Be VERY careful, however, in its use. Unlike so many can directions that we all decide are too tiny to read, READ THIS ONE'S!

It'll take off paint and skin and anything else it touches, but it sure works.

Bill

4. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

Razor blade paint scraper.

john zibell likes this.
  5. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

DO NOT SCRAPE the exhaust, you'll likely scratch the black finish.

Here's what I do: Warm it up with a nice long ride. When ya get home, before shutting it off, wipe with a cotton cloth. DO NOT a microfiber rag, it too will melt.

On chrome exhausts I've use an SOS pad, surprisingly it does not scratch the chrome if ya keep it very wet and soapy. Maybe ya can try that on a place of your exhaust that is not visible.

Paul

Bill Hagan likes this.
  6. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Oops. Didn't see the OP's "matte" finish. Doh.

Aircraft finish remover is probably a really BAD idea. :(

And, I, too, learned about m/f melting the hard way. :sweating:

I'm not sure about the SOS, tho, Paul, on any finish, but likely cuz I'm just chicken to try. :giggle:

Bill

roadscum likes this.
  7. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

The Greenies are doing their best to ban plastic bags in New Zealand, without much success. Here's a good reason to support them, perhaps?

8. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

That was my 1st thought Bill, but it works,,,,, maybe it's magic, dunno??

Take a look here:
    and here:

Paul

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Bill Hagan likes this.
  9. greer

greer Just got it firing!

I'd be very careful of that matte finish, and test on a hidden area first. Might sound crazy, but I've had good results using the edge of a wooden block to scrape melted gunk from warm pipes. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Sarah

Bill Hagan likes this.
  10. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

SOS scratched my v7 chrome pipes but the scraper didn't. Not a clue for the matte though. Hate those bags.

11. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

Exactly what I did... WD40 is amazing !!!!

Wisconsin v7 Racer likes this.