• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Playing hooky on Veterans Day

mwest

Tuned and Synch'ed
Took the day off work yesterday to clean out the cobwebs and go for a ride. Had some rain recently but yesterday saw about 55° when I left my house at 7:45 and I estimate the high for the day in the low 70's. Stopped at the ATM for cash and then topped off the tank for the 100 mile sprint to Coalinga down 25 and across 198.

There are more cows than people in South San Benito County, so I decided to stop along the way and do a couple of "Guzzi's parked across the road" photos.

DSCN2283.jpg

After that brief stop, it was on to Coalinga where I met up with Jamileh and Jimmy at the Chevron Station. While there we saw a couple of Ducs pull up.

DSCN2284.jpg

Nice 999 and what is that behind it... No, it couldn't be, wait... s$%t, it is!

DSCN2285.jpg

Turns out the guy lives in Hollister. He bought the bike from the Guzzi-Triumph-Ducati dealer in San Jose. He believes motorcycles are for riding and uses it regularly...even on some of the crappier pavement we have in the area.

Afterward we decided to do some backroads to Paso Robles and have lunch there. Back 198 to Peachtree/Indian Valley Rd., Connect to River Rd into Paso. Found out River Rd. is closed near Paso for some kind of water project so had to do a detour.

Along Peachtree....
playinghooky013.jpg

Jamileh checks the map to see where Hare Canyon Rd. goes.
DSCN2290.jpg

Jimmy checks out the view.
DSCN2291.jpg

We got into Paso a little early for lunch so we went across over to Adelaida Rd, out to Vineyard Dr south, and picked up Peachy Canyon Rd. back into town. Anyone riding in the area definitely should check out these roads. Excellent curves and great vistas.

Sample road shot courtesy of Jamileh.
playinghooky018.jpg

Once back in Paso we headed to the C&C Garden Cafe that I had discovered on my way home from this years Guzzi National Rally. Great Sandwiches and Salads. Not open on Sunday, though. After our fill of their fne food, we took G14 north to Lockwood where we picked up Lockwood-San Lucas Rd.

G14 is a nice road that goes across the dam at Lake Nacimiento, up along the east side of Fort Hunter Ligget. It has a few tight curves but mostly it's big sweepers and nice pavement. Some interesting clouds on the Horizon yesterday.

playinghooky029.jpg

Lockwood-San Lucas Rd. ends at the intersection of 101 and 198 and that is where we parted ways. Jimmy and Jamileh went back across 198 to the central valley. I went a few miles north on the freeway into King City, picked up Bitterwater Rd., back over to 25 and north home to Hollister.

About 10 miles south of town, I took a short detour out Murphey Rd for another across the road pic.

dscn2297yc2.jpg

Great day of riding. About 350 miles with about 5 on freeway. Can't wait to do it again.

Special Thanks to all the Vets out there. I honor your service.

This was a perfect day of two-wheeled adventure with Mark and Jimmy - great riding partners....

Coalinga turned out to be quite the hot spot for a moment!!

playinghooky002.jpg

playinghooky005.jpg

playinghooky007.jpg

on the ride, which couldn't have been better....

playinghooky016.jpg

Back