• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Please lets not get crazy.....

Trout

GT Reference
Don't want to start a crazy tire thread would just like some input.

Put a Shinko on the rear of the Grizz and only got 2500 miles out of it.

I would just like some input from other owners not opinions!

Would just like to know from Griso Owners:
Tire Brand:
Tire Model:
Miles Used:

I prefer Michelins. Currently at a PR3, but plan on going to a PR4 next. I like the feel of the Michelins, particularly the front.
I have used others, and it is hard to go wrong with a name brand tire. Michelin, Dunlop, Pirelli, they are all good. There are minor differences between the brands as to feel, but unless you ride them back to back most would hardly notice.
I avoid off brand tires, like your Shinko. While I am not rich, tires are the wrong place to save a few dollars on when buying. They are the difference between crashing and not crashing,
Also, I am one of those that replaces motorcycle tires in sets. If the rear is worn out and the front is only 2/3s or 3/4s worn I replace both. As with brands, tires are a stupid place to try to save money. A properly matched set of tires will feel better and work better.
To each their own.

Edit, forgot to mention I typically get 6k + miles from a set. But how you ride and the roads you ride on make a big difference in how many miles you will get. I actually wore the sides of my tires out on a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway, a combination of constant corners and the abrasive road surface.

Last edited:
Thanks guys really appreciate the input.
I usually don't skimp on tires either & usually replace in matched sets alto when I was younger & poorer we "ran what we had".

I tried the Shinko "just cause" & have to admit they handled well but will return to Dunlops which has been my preference for years.

Been running Pirelli Angel GTs on mine... Like them. Been on for 6K or so, but getting a new set soon.

You can usually get a set for @ 300 delivered.

Good luck,
RightD

I found this rather interesting when considering brands of tyres.

The smugness of the presenter takes a bit of getting used to, but all good info, imho.

Just finished a pair of Michelin PR4's at 22,000Kms with the front worn down to the tread markers and the back still with 2mm of tread but well flattened off. I'm putting on a pair of Pilot Power 3's for the sticky summer roads. I really liked the PR4's especially for their ability in the wet and they are good value for money. The PP3's came in at $320 Canadian a pair at my local dealer and I will be using them this weekend

Go with the GT versions of the PR4s - a bit harder for the extra weight of the bike

Already did thanks, although I"m looking forward to the stickier PP3's for the summer. I have a friend with an R1200 who likes the PP3's and they came at such a great price

Ran Metzler Roadtech Z8 Interacts, 11,000 miles, front's were still good but I replaced the pair on my G11.

I'm running Michelin Pilot Road 4's on the Lemans with a GT rear but I'm not putting miles on it fast enough to know how long they'll last. The local Duc Mechanic that I visit says he puts them on the CHP bikes here in Rancho Cordova.

Back