• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Potential Problems with Potential Purchase?

mojohand

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi all,

I'm bidding on a 2007 G11 (FYI, here: http://bit.ly/eH2Xp8 -- no affiliation other than as a potential purchaser).

My concern is what it would need, having not been moved for two years:

* Replace all fluids, of course, but what else?
* Would gasoline that's been sitting have a negative effect on EFI? What about fuel filter?
* Are there rubber or wiring components to worry about?

Any input'd be most appreciated. Would help to decide how aggressively to pursue it (so far, I'm the only bidder; I'd think that a us$4,500 would still be a great price, if no one else bids).

I might be wrong but I think that $6000 would still be a great price. It can't hurt to change the oil and filter and if you're not sure about the gas then drain the fuel tank as well. I wouldn't worry about anything else and just ride it!

If you do drain the fuel it would be worth taking the tank right off & removing the internal fuel pump to check the hoses are secured with good clips. The original design was crap and hoses could drop off leaving you stranded although later bikes had better clips as standard.

mojohand said:
Anyone else? Thoughts on value as well as other things to do once it's picked up?

If it is as it is represented to be then it is a steal, I don't see the Buy It Now option available on the EBay ad, So wonder if this guy is looking for a a minimum price and doesn't realize it could go as low as as 4500 bucks. :shock:

Other then that drain the tank if it has gas in it refill with fresh fuel and some FI cleaner and of course the oil and gear fluids.

Good Luck !

I'd basically agree with what Dan says. While you're draining the tank whip the pump out and check the internal fuel line betwixt pump and filter and replace if it hasn't been done. Other than that? Cane the bollox off it!!!

Pete

Fingers crossed that no one else is interested. I called the guy. He bought it from Steelhorse Classics and said he'd take it over there to have them do the service...which is great, 'cause I trust 'em. He said he's selling because of money problems. Too bad. Hate to take advantage; on the other hand, money's money.

The US market must be down and out, that same bike would get way over 10k in Australia.

The only problem i've had with mine is the in tank fuel hose, so that would be the first thing to fix. I would change the fluids and run some injector/fuel system cleaner in the first tank full.

Dude, if you can buy that bike for even 7-8K its a good buy. My guess is it will get bid up the last day as usual with eBay. Good luck though.

on a Griso you can see the fuel pump and filter through the fuel filler with a flashlight. Reference Todd's pinned thread about 5 posts above this one for the photos. You can quickly determine if the hose recall has been done visually. No need to remove the tank or pull the fuel pump assy.

(I thinks there's also a small metallized decal on the bottom of the tank that you might be able to see that signifies if the recall has been done).

Do yourself a favor and don't run up the auction during the week. Wait until later to counter bid. You are only costing yourself money going back and forth mid-auction.

Understand how ebay works and use it to your advantage.

foggy95 said:
I see someone grabbed the Griso in the closing seconds of the auction for $6k. That wasn't you, was it...... :cry:
Not me. I got busy today when the auction was ending. Glad to see the seller got at least what he needed (I'd chatted with him last week).

I woulda gone $6K. Above that and I'll get a left-over '09 or '10 Griso -- yes, it's more, but it's also 8V.

Drop back & punt time.

That was me that won the auction. I was torn between a local trade-in 1100 (more $$, more miles) and new leftover 1100 or 1200. This is my first venture into Guzzidom, so I wanted a low entry price.

I entered $6,100 through esnipe which bids 6 seconds before auction close. I never bid during the auction which is risky as some sellers get pissed that their item has zero bids and pull the auction because of it (dumb move). I knew $6k was going to be the make or break of this auction and the extra $100 was the buffer. Any more and I would have gone local. I think the seller got what he wanted because there was some 'creative' bidding by a brand new bidder with zero feedback that has only bid on one item and dropped out right at the $$ the seller wanted. Shill bidding on ebay is against the rules, but it's kind of the same thing as a reserve. I'm in for what I wanted to be in for, so I'm not really that worried about it. It might have been an actual new bidder, but I always am leary about a zero feedback bidders that have no bidding history.

I had a high school buddy of mine go look at the bike that lives in the area. It wasn't running (battery dead) unlike the auction stated. He agreed to bring it to Steelhorse and have it serviced with a new battery. Nice guy. I'm excited to get the bike and check out the dealership. I hear it's quite a place.

Back