• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power hub

Robert Gibson

High Miler
GT Contributor
I was looking to fit either a Fuzeblock or Denali fuse panel for switched or non switched accessories, anybody out there have any experience of either of these units. If so where would you advise is the most accessible point to tap off a switched power source.

I was looking to fit either a Fuzeblock or Denali fuse panel for switched or non switched accessories, anybody out there have any experience of either of these units. If so where would you advise is the most accessible point to tap off a switched power source.

Robert, I too looked under the seat to install a fuse block and there just isn't anyplace to attach it without it hitting the seat. If you find a place I would like to know where it is.

Although a little spendy, a Rowe PDM 60 may be an easier fit than the Fuzeblock.

It is about the size of a pack of cards, but all the wiring is joined away from the main unit itself.

Had good success with one on the K1600.

Good luck,
RightD

Not sure as to the size of the unit but I expect it could be fitted under the left, side cover. On my bike this space is taken with the PC-V and Autotune (Todd's fuelling kit). I will look at the right hand side.

The old loop frames ('60's & '70's) had fuses in the headlight shell.
Is that a possibility?

Robert, I too looked under the seat to install a fuse block and there just isn't anyplace to attach it without it hitting the seat. If you find a place I would like to know where it is.

Romoving the part of the ECU/battery cover that covers the battery frees up quite a bit of space under the seatand makes the battery a whole lot easier to get to.

Battery

Further to the initial post, I recently bought some additional led running lights. I would appreciate if anyone could let me know if fitment using the supplied wiring kit with fuse and relay could have a detrimental effect on the bikes electrics,(Canbus). Alternatively I will still look into a power hub unit such as the PDM60, as previously recommended. In addition could the live (switched) feed from the heated seat be used as a 'trigger'.
I will mount the lights below the OEM fog lights once I have manufactured some brackets and route the wiring alongside the fog lamp wiring.
Thanks in advance to any electrical gurus out there.

I thought the wiring for running lights was already installed on the bike by Guzzi, behind the plastic cover surrounding the head tube. Can't you pick up from that? It will be fused and also controlled by ignition.

PS what lights are those?

Nice lights Robert. I added a pair of led's to the Eldo which doesn't come with the OEM lights. I used an on/off/on switch and took power to one side of the switch from the plug behind the plastic cover as Paul said and the other on position takes power from the high beam circuit so they switch on and off with the high beam so as not to annoy other drivers if I'm in traffic at night.

Attachments

• led.jpg
    led.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
I bought these as an addition to the OEM fog lights, to supplement the DRL's in the headlamp although they will be switched, hence my question regarding wiring etc. The lights are Show Chrome units which are available as halogen or led, available from Big Bike Parts or Amazon.com. They can be bought individually or as a bike specific kit (not MG). I bought the set with the crash bar mounts but wish to mount below the OEM fog lights. They are also available in black.
As the lights are an addition this where my concern was i.e. adding more load to the electrics. Therefor my other question about fitting a power hub.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 20
Back