• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

power sockets on a Breva ?

ozmick

Just got it firing!
Hi

Just bought myself a Breva 850 in Oz and being a forum junkie found this site! Must say that reading of all the issues people have with their Guzzi's is a bit worrying, especially when the Breva has an unfortunate name for its drive shaft! But having owned a few BMW 1150 AND 1200GS models I know what its like to have something expensive 'carc it' :laugh:

Anyway so far so good, its a great bike.

When having a look around the bike I noticed under the seat on the right hand side is what looks like a power socket, is this correct or is it some kind of diagnostic socket for the workshop techies?

ozmick wrote:
Hi

Just bought myself a Breva 850 in Oz and being a forum junkie found this site! Must say that reading of all the issues people have with their Guzzi's is a bit worrying, especially when the Breva has an unfortunate name for its drive shaft! But having owned a few BMW 1150 AND 1200GS models I know what its like to have something expensive 'carc it' :laugh:

Anyway so far so good, its a great bike.

When having a look around the bike I noticed under the seat on the right hand side is what looks like a power socket, is this correct or is it some kind of diagnostic socket for the workshop techies?

The power socket is a power socket.

The diagnostic and dash upgrade sockets are in the little tray like thing behind the battery.

Of course if you have a Mana the power socket is in the very useable 'Boot' next to the courtesy light and just above the mobile phone holder :lol: :p

Where in Oz?

Pete

Welcome ozmick - you the one and same ozmick on the Oz forum of ADVRider?

Don't panic about the CARC, fundamentally they are a good design and many are getting up there in mileage with no issues. The problems reported and discussed about at length (including my own :S ) are generally the result of a crappy bearing, which was limited to a known production run.

Post often - lotsa good knowledge here to help.

Hi Guys

I am on the Central coast and yes it was/is me on ADVrider.

Nothing better than forums to find out all about your bike and any expensive bits you can buy to keep you amused and swearing a lot in the garage!

Is the power socket plug similar to the BMW plug? Will my friendly Guzzi dealer have one for sale?

Hi Mick, also a welcome from Holland. Don't no if it's simular to the BMW one, but you don't have to buy one, it's already there. Just pull the cover and you can use it. It's directly connected to the battery, useble without the ignition on though.

During my holiday I use it to load my cellphone or the batteries for my camera or radio.

Ciao Dolf. :)

No, The BMW plug fits the smaller Hella plugs. I made up a short jumper to allow use of the Hella plugs on various items I have including a BMW battery minder.

Hi all

This is very good to know, thanks.
I just bought a Battery Doc (smart battery charger, 12 Volt 1.25 AMP. Using the DC adapter (cigarette lighter) to charge the battery during the cold winter months makes it much easier.

Happy riding,
Bebe

Hi Brevabrabo

I am originally from the UK so have been to the Netherlands lots of times. Last time I went to the MotoGP there some lowlife tried to steal my bike outside the hotel in Amsterdam! Lucky it was chained to a lampost and had an alarm on it.
Saw your France holiday photos, great place to tour on a bike and I would love to take my Guzzi over there.

That's no surprise to me. What's puzzles me is that there was still a lampost... :laugh:

Since I've been to Norway a few weeks ago, I'm addicted to Scandinavia, but when the weather is good, isn't every country beautiful? It's hard to make a choice where to go on holiday each year.

Tomorrow I'll take my Breva to TLM for the 20.000 km service, so after that I don't have to think about a new destination. (financially speaking :eek:hmy: )

Back