• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Preorder your V100 Mandello!

I test rode an S model today and really liked it. I rode in both city traffic and I did about 5 miles on the highway. To be honest, it was so different from my 2019 BMW R1250RT that at first I was overwhelmed lol! It is so light, nimble and compact compared to my RT.

Getting onto the highway I opened it up to 75Mph and there was plenty of power to get up to speed. It handled really well both at highway speeds and in stop and go traffic in Austin. I rode with the different modes and realized SPORT is not for city riding, it is too sensitive and jerky. ROAD was perfect for city riding.

I loved every aspect of the bike except I was a bit concerned how tight the cockpit felt that if I did one of my long distance trips it might become uncomfortable so that is a concern for me. I am mostly concerned with the legroom. Let me add I'm only 5' 10" with an inseam of 29" so not a 6 foot person with super long legs. I'd probably need to buy the 'tall' seat which gives an extra 2CM's of height. The question is will it be enough? Anyone else feel the cockpit to be a bit tight, especially legroom?

My ordered V100 is not supposed to arrive now until June I was told. I'll probably need to take the bike out again before I make my final decision. My sales guy was super nice and said to come down anytime for another test ride.

I am 180 cm (5' 11") and I have no problem with legroom and tightness of the cockpit. Last year I made a trip on even tigther Tuono 660 and it was surprisingly comfortable. But I understand that everybody has different preferences and feelings. ;-) The only think I am thinking about for my ordered V100S is the comfort seat for me and passenger.

I am 180 cm (5' 11") and I have no problem with legroom and tightness of the cockpit. Last year I made a trip on even tigther Tuono 660 and it was surprisingly comfortable. But I understand that everybody has different preferences and feelings. ;-) The only think I am thinking about for my ordered V100S is the comfort seat for me and passenger.
Hi Jan,
Thanks for the response. Let me ask you how old you are? I'm 54 so it seems I can withstand less than when I was 30 years old :) It is also possible, I'm used to my BMW R1250RT which is tall and lots of space and I just need to adjust to the new bike.

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the response. Let me ask you how old you are? I'm 54 so it seems I can withstand less than when I was 30 years old :) It is also possible, I'm used to my BMW R1250RT which is tall and lots of space and I just need to adjust to the new bike.
I am 47, so no young gun any more too :) I had V85 TT and Tuono 660 before. V85 TT is very spacious and seating position is very comfortable. Tuono 660 is very compact and the seating position is strongly defined by tank and seat shape. Big surprise for me was that I was able to travel on both bikes without any pain in legs or knees. Even my butt started to hurt sooner on V85 TT to be precise it never hurt on Tuono 660. ;-)
V100 is somewhwere between those two bikes, more close to V85 TT so I think it will be OK. I am 180 cm and I can reach ground with flat feet on V100 similar to V85 TT (815 mm seat height vs 835 mm) so I do not consider higher seat, but everybody is individual. You could probably try higher seat to check whether it will be better or not.

I am 47, so no young gun any more too :) I had V85 TT and Tuono 660 before. V85 TT is very spacious and seating position is very comfortable. Tuono 660 is very compact and the seating position is strongly defined by tank and seat shape. Big surprise for me was that I was able to travel on both bikes without any pain in legs or knees. Even my butt started to hurt sooner on V85 TT to be precise it never hurt on Tuono 660. ;-)
V100 is somewhwere between those two bikes, more close to V85 TT so I think it will be OK. I am 180 cm and I can reach ground with flat feet on V100 similar to V85 TT (815 mm seat height vs 835 mm) so I do not consider higher seat, but everybody is individual. You could probably try higher seat to check whether it will be better or not.
Great information, thanks. It is not good getting older LOL! Adventure bikes have a great upright seating position, that always helps. The seat being not so comfortable, that is a different issue. My RT has very upright and comfortable seating position but the original seat was very hard so after 120miles (195KM's) I had to get off my RT as my @ss was sore. I bought a custom seat and that fixed my problem. Now I can ride 300 miles no issues between fill ups of the fuel.

I can also flat foot the V100 but I think I will try the tall seat as well.

Back