• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Problem Changing TRIP 2 back to TRIP 1

Gmanisintexas

Just got it firing!
So I have a 2017 Cali 1400 Touring. I went and viewed TRIP 1. I was viewing TRIP 1 and then pressed the paddle button on the right side for a couple of seconds and it changed from TRIP 1 to TRIP 2. Now I can't get back to TRIP 1 by pressing the paddle button again.

Does anyone have any thoughts. This is maddening !!!!!

Thanks

Gerry

What happens if you don’t hold the button down for a few seconds? Maybe just engage the button for a split second?

Not sure if this is from the correct model year manual or not, but... press and hold to the right = TRIP2, press and hold to the left = TRIP1

Upload 2021 4 20 16 24 37

__Jason

What happens if you don’t hold the button down for a few seconds? Maybe just engage the button for a split second?
I tried that and nothing happens. Nothing at all. I've tried holding it in which resets the values for Trip2 Odometer, and other entries. I've tried press it for a 1 sec , 2 secs and also like you suggest quickly and nothing. I cannot get it changed back to TRIP 1

Not sure if this is from the correct model year manual or not, but... press and hold to the right = TRIP2, press and hold to the left = TRIP1

View attachment 21932

__Jason
So first of all my owners manual has the same diagram in it. Secondly when you say press and hold to the right or left my mode switch only toggles up and down not right or left. I just went out to my bike and thought maybe the mode switch could somehow toggle right or left but nope. So I then tried toggling the mode switch up and bingo !!!! the Trip 2 changed back to Trip 1. Unreal !!!. I've have bikes all my life but this is my first Guzzi and I now finding out the their technical writing skills are definitely lacking. I love the bike and I do all of my own work on my bikes over the years and I sure this won't be the first or last weird situation I come across with the guzzi.

Thanks so much

Gerry

So first of all my owners manual has the same diagram in it. Secondly when you say press and hold to the right or left my mode switch only toggles up and down not right or left. I just went out to my bike and thought maybe the mode switch could somehow toggle right or left but nope. So I then tried toggling the mode switch up and bingo !!!! the Trip 2 changed back to Trip 1. Unreal !!!. I've have bikes all my life but this is my first Guzzi and I now finding out the their technical writing skills are definitely lacking. I love the bike and I do all of my own work on my bikes over the years and I sure this won't be the first or last weird situation I come across with the guzzi.

Thanks so much

Gerry

My 2015 definitely toggles right and left, maybe it has been changed on later models but they haven't updated the owners manual.

My 2015 definitely toggles right and left, maybe it has been changed on later models but they haven't updated the owners manual.
They sure did change the toggle from right/left to up / down on my 2017. Man I thought I was losing it. Although since I'm a new Guzzi owner an reading the both the owners manual in micro print and the shop manual this doesn't surprise me.

Oh well like I mentioned before this won't be my last issue I come across.

Thanks to everyone one this forum for jumping in.
Much appreciated.

Gerry

Back