Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Problems with first start

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Jose Salinas, May 25, 2018.

1. Jose Salinas

Jose Salinas Just got it firing!

Im not sure if anyone is experiencing this, but i i have a 2016 eldo and without fail it always dies on the first start of the day unless i give it some throttle at start. After shes started she'll turn on without any throttle assist. Is this normal???

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Not normal, should start on stepper motor. I would self learn the throttle, there is a procedure to do this, you may want to let the dealer check it out if you don't have any software.

3. Jose Salinas

Jose Salinas Just got it firing!

Will do! Thanks for the quick reply guess ill have to plan a trip to the dealership.

4. Chet Van Aken

Chet Van Aken Tuned and Synch'ed

My touring does the same on cold start. Sometimes it will stay running or it will need a little throttle. Do not see it as an issue.

John L likes this.
  5. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I'm with Chet, mine will do it sometimes from cold if it starts to die I just give it a little thottle, if not 2nd start is always good. Never seen it as a problem.

6. Touringman

Touringman Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd may want to chime in here...but I don't believe the 1400 has a stepper like other Guzzis. May be a setting issue with the RBW throttle plate. Insufficient "closed" gap...Todd?
    Kirk

7. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Yes, you caught my mistake, no stepper like older Cali's. Cali14 even has updates, lot's of riders don't take in their bike so get no updates. Also, how many riders clean the throttle body, mostly none. Might help if it's getting sticky.

8. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

These posts are tail chasers. Proper service/set up and computer updates are critical. Without all, it's a waste of time trouble-shooting. Problem is most “dealers” take them out of the box, add gas and send them down the road.

9. FrankZ

FrankZ Tuned and Synch'ed GT di Razza Pura

My Eldo does the same thing, since the day I got it. Stalls on the first cold start of the day. Restart it and it's fine. Very rare when it doesn't happen. I just chalked it up to a flaw in the design of the EFI, didn't think it was worth agonizing over.