Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Professional Speedometer Repair!

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by scottmastrocinque, Jun 8, 2020.

1. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Hey Everybody,

My recent purchase last year, a 2009 California Vintage, had the dreaded bad speedometer problem.

The factory unit is NLA (No longer available) and many people said that the unit could not be repaired.

NOT TRUE!

This gentleman repairs all sorts of instrumentation and motorcycle speedos, including vintage stuff.

It is not cheap ($298) and includes return shipping with exceptional packing to protect it.

He did a fantastic job, replaced many parts, and guaranteed the unit for 1 year.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Mr. Joel Levine
    610 S. Chattanooga Street
    LaFayette, GA 30728

(800)456-6267
    (404) 219-0594

www.joellevinecompany.com

4575ACC8-5F07-4874-834A-3ADC420C1775.jpeg

BRG-BIRD, stinga, Hydrolastic and 2 others like this.
  2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Nice find Scott! Always good to have this info here.
    I know this assembly has mostly plastic internals. Do you know if he replaced it with the same or is it more durable post repair?

3. scottmastrocinque

Thanks Todd!

Love sharing resources.

Joel actually replaced cheap broken plastic parts with quality Japanese metal parts! He even called me to discuss what he did. Also even replaced some cheap mounting screws with quality ones from Japan.

That’s why he guarantees them for 1 year! (On a 12 year old speedo in my case).

Louisv97, stinga, GTM® and 1 other person like this.
  4. slobyk750

slobyk750 Just got it firing!

I also have a good guy that repairs speedos in the SoCal area and that is "Joe's Speedometer" in Reseda, Ca. Now it has been 3+years so, I haven't checked on whether he is still in business but he restored my 1970 Ambassador's speedo in excellent fashion for $250. His services might have gone up but, check him out if you are in the SoCal area.

previous - 1.jpg after resto - 1.jpg

Louisv97, GTM® and scottmastrocinque like this.
  5. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Thanks for posting Scott. Very helpful for those with older analog units. I had a problem with my 2014 California dash and found ONE place that could resolve it; Carmo Electronics in The Netherlands.

Looks like Levine works with only the older analog instruments.

6. scottmastrocinque

No worries. Yes, Joel Levine only works on the analog mechanical instruments as far as I know.