Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Programming Extra Alarm Remote Key Fob

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Michael New, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Michael New

Michael New Just got it firing!

Has anyone actually managed to add an additional Alarm Remote to a V85TT Travel Eiro 5 2021?

The instructions say turn the alarm on and off 3 times leaving it on on the 3rd activation and the LED should flash a number of times to indicate it is in programming mode - no such luck for me.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. DeadEye

DeadEye GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

Are there any instructions about putting the “system “ into learning/pairing mode to sync the fob with the bike/alarm system ?

3. Michael New

he instructions say turn the alarm on and off 3 times (wait approx 0.5 seconds between on and off) leaving it on on the 3rd activation and the LED should flash a number of times to indicate it is in programming mode.

I can't get it to work doing that.

4. DeadEye

DeadEye GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

Sorry - I see that's is what you had in the first Post - I * Read* what I imagined was there :)
    they don't say to Push any buttons on the Fob While you enable / disable the Alarm system.

Like Garage Door openers - you put it into Learning Mode and push the button on the remote / car to get it "Learned"

After the third on/off push the Alarm Enable button on the Fob ?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  5. Michael New

I finally sorted it out, and to make anyone else's life easier have made a video of the process here:

GTM® and john zibell like this.
  6. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Good video. I recommend uploading the video to your post as URL can go bad. See the "Upload a File" button when you edit the post. If the file won't upload send it to Todd (GTM) and he may be able to add it.

Michael New likes this.
  7. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks John, videos are best stored on Youtube, but links to "channels" aren't welcome, nor self-promotional links off site. I've revised the video link above to allow it to simply be played here. From the paragraphs in red above...
    There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Michael New and john zibell like this.
  8. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

As an aside, I'd love to hear opinions on the OEM alarm kit. When not in my garage (which is a distance from my house... city life) I frequently have the bike locked up and covered in front of my house. I do use a Guardian alarm, which attaches to the cover - but it's a crude solution... sort of a "security through obscurity" sort of thing. I've thought about adding the OEM alarm kit, but I know zero about them other than the fact that they exist. Thanks!

__Jason