RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we are in the crazy times for orders. Lead times are long, so we can't do much to rush things. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (mainly August), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and also, we aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum before starting a new topic, and as a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

Pyramid Plastics Fender Extenda

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Dah-Dit, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Dah-Dit

Dah-Dit Tuned and Synch'ed

For the Breva V1100/1200 and 1200 Sport, (others possibly?)

pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=1336_1436

Part no. 058710, I ordered one over the phone - Pyramid Plastics +44(0)1427 810473.

£2.99 delivery in the UK. Excellent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mackers

Mackers Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'll definately get one of those. Nice colour bike - I haven't seen that colour down here.

3. iainw

iainw Cruisin' Guzzisti

I'm going to order one right now in the hope that it'll keep my bike as clean as yours.

edit,
    They've sold out! :eek:hmy:

4. bobelpfan

bobelpfan Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi,
    looks very neat, I fitted a skidmarx rear hugger, bolt fell out, bracket snapped, but once a decent bolt and nyloc fitted and the bracket was welded and strengthened it has done a very good job, also fitted the Guzzi rear fender extension, which keeps the rearlights clean,

Regards Bobelpfan

5. iainw

iainw Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just spoke to them, they have 46 in stock, well, 45 now!

Bobelpfan, I too have a Skidmarx rear hugger that has just needed reinforcing around the lower bracket as a crack has started to appear.

6. Hoover

Hoover Just got it firing!

Got mine on the Griso, worth every penny

7. bronco_breva

bronco_breva Tuned and Synch'ed

A fine peice of kit.

Attached Files:

8. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

Has anyone tried the Extenda Fenda on a late Norge? There isn't much room with the low mount oil cooler, and it seems like something that follows the lines of the fender would hit the cooler.

9. Bert Remington

Bert Remington Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I have both (Fenda and 2012 Norge) and they interfere (the rear wheel cover fits great and is easy to install). I considered shortening oil cooler mounting spacers but then it appears lower fairing pieces wouldn't fit. I haven't made a final determination but likely Fenda will be up for donation sale soon.

10. sealpup

sealpup Tuned and Synch'ed

You're exactly right jdub, the Fenda Extenda does foul on the 8V Norge oil cooler cover. I trimmed mine by half and it still fouled, trimmed it again to about 30% of original length and still no good. After that I gave up and took it off.

11. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

Darn that's too bad. I put some stainless mesh in front of the cooler to help protect it but would rather not have debris get there in the first place. I have some leftover rubber sheet from my effort to keep water and grime off the rear shock linkage and swingarm bearings. I might try a piece for the front fender but I imagine the flexibility of the rubber will cause it to get sucked in by the tire. Worth a try though.

12. craigclu

craigclu Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I've got one on my 8V Norge and it works perfectly. The curve of the Extenda follows the concave front of the oil cooler grill with just the right amount of gap for air flow but good coverage, keeping the grit and road dirt at bay.

fenda.JPG

13. sealpup

sealpup Tuned and Synch'ed

Craigclu, my Extenda looked just like yours, until I went for my first ride. Under firm braking (but not emergency), the forks compressed and the bottom edge of the Extenda got hooked up in the fins of the oil cooler cover. I didn't realise what had happened until I came to a stop and couldn't turn the bars to go around a corner. Had to wrench the bars to the side to free them up. Scared the crap out of me...

14. craigclu

craigclu Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Yikes! That would add some unwanted thrills! I'm a big guy and likely compress things quite a bit. Lucky tolerances, perhaps?

15. Bert Remington

My exhaust headers are being Cerakoted (https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/V-172Q/gold/) so not able to ride test but I think I've found a Fenda Extenda solution for my 2012 Norge.

I started from craigclu's "lucky tolerances" and disassembled the oil cooler mount looking for them. No joy including the grill which is not solid plastic so you can't grind off the outside corners for clearance. Reassembled oil cooler mount and refit lower fairing covers. Right side is double-bolted to engine and while left side has single bolt all three together made for a tight fit. Then I loosened the mudguard and rotated it downwards. Trial fit of FX showed potential so I proceeded with fitment.

I replaced the PP glue tape with 3M Extremely Strong and ran a double-layer at the bottom and a single layer at the top (currently I don't intend to use the plastic fasteners).
    Fenda Extenda Tape.JPG
    With the red liner on, I trial fit the FX and had good enough clearance. But I wanted more so I replaced the two rear shouldered screws with plain screws and nylon washers. This was possible because unlike the front screws, the rear screws clamped the fork leg to the mudguard and therefore didn't need shoulders.
    Fenda Extenda Mount.JPG
    Clearance was excellent so I removed the liner and fastened the FX to the mudguard. Current status is this for the next 12 hours.
    Fenda Extenda Clamp.JPG

jdub likes this.
  16. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

Good job, please post a picture of the clearance after everything is bolted back together. I was thinking that maybe a second layer of the tape near the bottom of the fender might pull the angle of the Extenda further away from the cooler.

17. Bert Remington

Clearance varies with wheel direction but looks adequate to me. It's a keeper.
    Fenda Extenda Clearance.JPG

jdub likes this.
  18. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

My Extenda Fenda arrives tomorrow. I should have some non shouldered bolts laying around to give this a try.