• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Quebec Bandits

Raven

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
I got my registration renewal for my one motorcycle in Quebec. I can't believe how much the bandits are charging this year. It's $712.32. The insurance contribution is $602.16. This is basically to cover accidents involving one of the thousands of uninsured scumbags littering our roads.
This is the only reason I don't own more bikes. I can only ride one at a time and with this additional cost it makes it prohibitive. I have a lot of friends who keep an Ontario address just for vehicle registration and health care. Yes, the health care system in Quebec is the worst in Canada. Now it is offered in French only because of our wonderful provincial premier Francois Legault.

OMG! Are you serious?

That isn’t “registration”, that’s “blatant rape and pillage!”

OMG…

But…does that provide insurance as well? If it does, that is still outrageously expensive.

Last edited:
Our road fund which is an annual tax and I guess similar to your registration is £111 for 12 months but is scheduled to go up from April I think. Our insurance is a private arrangement with massive variations between individuals often inexplicably so. Your version seems like Highway robbery, pardon the pun.

I forgot to mention that if you ride a "high risk" motorcycle, AKA a crotch rocket, the price soars to $1,907.84.

In addition to the registration fee, all riders are required to have private insurance as well. Mine is around $350/year. And yes, prices are all over the place for different companies and individuals.

Hmm, I'd be careful there. The first time I was in the US I was outraged when having bought something I had to pay more than the marked price for taxes. I was sure I was being cheated until everyone else assured me it was normal. We have taxes on stuff but at least its hidden in the price.

Hmm, I'd be careful there. The first time I was in the US I was outraged when having bought something I had to pay more than the marked price for taxes. I was sure I was being cheated until everyone else assured me it was normal. We have taxes on stuff but at least its hidden in the price.

That’s illegal here. Taxes must always be listed separate. Even on our gas pumps, there is a clear declaration of the federal gas tax, the state gas tax and the sales tax on the gas price and the two taxes! 😆😆😆

So I gathered. That was 40 odd years ago and I've been there many times since. I've got family in Houston and my niece is an American citizen. We've only got the one tax on things but it's 20% on most stuff and it's a stealth tax really. Robbing so and so's known as governments.

New Zealand is expensive too, my V100 cost $522.34 total per annum, the actual licence fee is $24.50 the rest is ACC levy (accident compensation corporation) its a no blame scheme, you cant sue anyone here if you've been injured. Your covered by the state. The levy varies depending on the vehicle or your work. You come off a lot worse in a bike accident than a car. Each vehicle has to be registered, not the person, even though you can only drive one at a time. Don't get me started!! Also insurance isn't compulsory here, I have fully comprehensive on my bike and car, sounds very similar to Canada with uninsured "scumbags". I have 3 bikes but can only afford to register/insure one at a time.

Yes, even the UK sounds better than Canada and New Zealand. £111 per year per motorbike over 600 cc. Smaller bikes are cheaper. The road fund is tied to a specific number plate so you can't chop and change. On top of that you have insurance which is mandatory. Mine is comprehensive and covers riding in Europe, roadside recovery etc. Its a shade under £500 a year which is double what my Multistrada was. Go figure.

registration fee
No annual registration fees or license fees in BC. I pay ~$1200 CAD per year for insurance and $2 for a can of beer:)
Ya gotta move to BC man. The Island... Twisty roads, scenery, ADV heaven, outdoors, weirdos Islanders, fishing etc. I know a guy that can help ya... some goofy dork... Ya can crash on the couch at his shop, he has beers...;)

No annual registration fees or license fees in BC. I pay ~$1200 CAD per year for insurance and $2 for a can of beer:)
Ya gotta move to BC man. The Island... Twisty roads, scenery, ADV heaven, outdoors, weirdos Islanders, fishing etc. I know a guy that can help ya... some goofy dork... Ya can crash on the couch at his shop, he has beers...;)
Moving to BC has been in the game plan for about 5 years now. Our daughter lives in Golden. Just trying to find the right property. Real estate prices have gone crazy there. The proximity to Cowtown (Calgary) is driving it. The Island is an idea though.

I think West was talking about picking up a bike for 50$ then being told it was valued at 2000$ and having to pay the taxes on that « Value » !
( Just making it up as I go along ;) )

My older brother in Ontario pays 40$ for his « tags » and over 600$ for insurance.
I pay the same as Raven for registration but 105$ for insurance on the V7.

A young whipper snapper in Ontario will end up paying closer to what Mindis pays.
So they all get their unfair share…

In Quebec if you have multiple motorcycles, you can register one as « on the road » and the other(s) as parked (90$)
Then before the 1st of the month you can swap the registration and take bike #2 out that month and #1 gets registered as parked, going back and forth between the bike you want to ride Next month….

Or you could register one for the road , the others as parked and take your chances :wasntme:

Back