• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Question Regarding Button Switch

Gmanisintexas

Just got it firing!
I have a 2017 California Touring I purchased a few months ago. On the left hand side next to the turn signal switch there is a push button with a white dot on it. Can anyone tell me what this switch is used for ?

Thanks

Gerry

Attachments

• 20211217_211810.jpg
    20211217_211810.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
It's the MGMP button that along with a wiring kit allows you to connect your smart phone to your motorcycle .
What ever that's supposed to do is beyond me , and Yes I'm a dinosaur :) . Peter

You can also run a navigation program. I don't have it on my Cali 1400, but I purchased one for my V85. I believe they are the same, but the operation instructions are vague, so I compiled this for myself and others. I prefer it to Google maps.

Operating the Moto Guzzi Navigator.
1. Turn ignition on.
2. Mate phone with BT-ROUTER via bluetooth.
3. The phone display should be confirmed at the top of the dashboard, just to the right of the helmets.
4. Run the MG app on the phone, and click on the red display with three dots in it to connect the app to the vehicle.
5. In the MG app on phone, select Navigator. A local map should appear.
6. Search for the destination on phone; select when found.
7. The route map should appear on the phone. Press GO.
8. The first part of the route is now displayed on the phone map. Also the first two turns with distances should be displayed on the reconfigured dashboard.

The phone supporting the navigation can be in your pocket, and the turn instructions are shown on the reconfigured dashboard.

I've recently purchased a Beeline Moto for my later bikes. Easily transferred from bike to bike. But I have to say it thinks differently to me.

Well to everyone who replied I thank all of you. It's more information than I excepted to get back sure sure. I do have a question as maybe it me being new to a Moto Guzzi but Kiwi Dave what is a BT-ROUTER?

Thanks Gerry

Like the name suggests, its a Bluetooth Router. It allow you to communicate with your passenger, and other bike riders in your vicinity, using your built in Bluetooth in your helmet. It just allows multiple connections.

Thanks for your clarification. So like I mentioned before I have a 2017 California touring and under the seat built in from the factory is the connection to support the MGMP. Would you have to know the specific model number that I need and where can it be purchased as I live in the US.

Thanks again

Gerry

I wrote up a review of the MGMP here:

Just one opinion, but it might help if you're not completely decided. The part number for the Euro4 1400 is 606522M, the MIA module for the v85 and later is 607100M. The MGMP is older, and does not have the same functionality as the newer MIA system for the v85.

Dave

So Dave are you saying that the MIA for the V85 will work and plug in directly to my wiring harness on my California 1400 ?

Dave when I looked up 607100M on the AF1 Racing website it pulled up the

OEM Moto Guzzi MMP Install Kit V85 - 607060M not the module itself. Any ideas of the correct model number?​

When i looked up 606522M is pulled up

OEM Aprilia Multimedia ECU 2.0 - 606522M​

Any idea what the correct model number for the MIA module for the V85 is?

Please let me know

Thanks
Gerry

Last edited:
I would call AF1 and ask about the part numbers. 607100M may or may not work with the California. It may just be the same module with 3.0 firmware, or it could have incompatible functionality, it's hard to say, and a good dealer will have better knowledge. When I bought 606522M, it already came with the updated ver. 2.5 firmware. If the module works, it will have reduced functionality compared with the v85, since it doesn't have the TFT dash and other code to fully interface with it.

Dave

Hello,
This button is also used to control the heated grips if you put OEM grips, like Oxford, for example ..
See this thread :

Last edited:
Back