Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Quick release fuel line connector

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by David Powell, Jan 24, 2020.

1. David Powell

David Powell 2009 Norge 1200 GT Contributor

I am so frustrated now that I could go to the moon. I have taken this gas tank of of my Norge so many times and each time i get more irritated with the difficulty of getting the fuel line disconnected.
    I have watched all of the video so i know how easy it is. ....... Whoever deisigned that connector should be forced to travel to wherever the disconnect is needed, and show the person trying to get the the thing to disconnect how easy it is. Looking for an alternative method. Also the two vent tubes.
    It wouldn't be so bad if the dang thing would run. I would love this bike if it would be reliable. Iv'e got a code 27 (plug socket) what the hell is that???

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

No one said you have to like it !! Cut it out and put a different one there. You can also use 5/16" line and hose clamps, inline petcock shut-off. It's your bike, change as you wish.

Code 27 is injector 1 DC ground in the plug

Only 1 vent to cap and other one is cap area drain.

If you drink, have a few shots, if you smoke, have a few puffs. It is a purrdy color though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    David Powell likes this.
  3. David Powell

Thank you,
    I am ready to set this thing on fire.
    I would if i didnt like it so much.
    All was good then after i got it all put back together. Code 31 .... wont start ... i am beginning to think the problems are unsolvable.

4. V700Steve

31 is DC voltage on injector 2

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Get the bike to Mike @ MPH.
    Sounds like you may also have a tip-over switch cut off happening or another safety switch item. These are only guesses, and we really can't help unless the bike is in front of us.

V700Steve likes this.
  6. David Powell

Thank you , I have checked the tip over switch but not replaced. I have checked the side stand switch. I have taken every connector apart and cleaned both sides.
    I may end up at Mike's place. It's only a machine and i should be able to find (prove) any problem.
    Thanks for your response.

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I've found the easiest way to disconnect that connector is to disconnect the electrical connector to the fuel pump then do a start cycle. That relieves the fuel pressure and the connector is then easy to remove. The design is similar to an air chuck, so pushing on the line while pulling the collar works.

8. V700Steve

Just an idea. Have you checked the injectors for damage? The little plastic male plug is kind of fragile if moved the wrong way. I know the wires wind around and it's easy to pop the plastic trying to rotate the injector. Just looking at the codes. Both injectors Just trying to think of stuff I have seen & fixed. Make sure the lock wire is on female plug.

David Powell likes this.
  9. David Powell

Thank you , i didn't know that. That will work much better.
    Do you know what an ECU error code 31 means?
    I had no codes and put the tank back on. Now won't run (again) and i get the !SERVICE alarm and an ECU error code 31.

10. David Powell

Yes, i have verified both cycl indeed injector connections, connectors and physical wiring. I found no problems.

11. David Powell

DC Voltage on injector 2..
    OH Man! I couildn't find that information anywhere. That is good info. I don't know what the means other than find out which one that is and check it out. I guess it could be that the injector is failing or failed. It could mean that the UCU is not firing it as it should. Thank you again. Now i have something to go on. I may not have the tools to get anywhere with the repairs.. I can take it apart and look for obvious problems. I'm going out there right now to check it out. Thanks again.

12. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

David, have you EVER load tested that battery yet?

Every single one of your problems revolves around ELECTRICITY. Every one. You have pulled apart, cleaned, fiddled with, so many things now I cannot even keep count. However, not once, have I ever read that you had LOAD TESTED THAT BATTERY.

I am virtually certain that you have an electrical power source problem, and this is that battery. I'm betting that it is marginal at best.

If you are really that irritated and frustrated with your motorcycle, please do as I have asked you to do time and again. Take the battery and have it load tested by a load tester device at your local auto parts store. That battery is going to fail the test, I'd bet on it.

john zibell likes this.
  13. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  14. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

???

15. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

You can see the GIF? It's Captain Picard in a state of frustration. I thought it suited the situation perfectly.

V700Steve likes this.
  16. David Powell

I hear you Scott, No i haven't load tested the battery. The voltage is good 13.4. it is fully charged. .... i will get that done today and post results. Thank you for your response. I am getting real good at removing and replacing the fairings.:) :)

17. David Powell

I checked the injector on the left side and found no problems. Is there an injector relay and a auxiliary injector relay? I only found one relay for injector. I replaced it. I could be that that new one is faulty. With the injector connected to fuel line and electrical connector, will it spray when i try and start the engine? It did not on my bike. I saw on youtube, a BMW boxer tested and fuel sprayed while running the starter motor.
    My injector seems to be operating fine. I connected it to a 9v battery and was able to hear it click and spray some cleaner through it.

never give up!

V700Steve likes this.
  18. David Powell

The battery spins the engine real good. strong... That's why i haven't considered the battery as the culprit.

19. V700Steve

The Aux Inj relay is the fuel pump relay, has grey/blue, red/black, red/brown, orange/green wires . If pump doesn't prime check 20A fuse

20. Kevin.NZ

Kevin.NZ Cruisin' Guzzisti

If your injectors are operating ok as you say, have you checked the fuel pump, can you hear it prime and pressure up?