• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Quill T3 Exhaust Can

Smoothy

Tuned and Synch'ed
Quill T3 Can just ordered - very good price compared to all the others on the market.
See how it performs without the cat! ;)

Smoothy

I went with the EVO2 order on Monday, I think Fatal has just had one fitted.

Are you going to ride up and have it fitted and dyno'd?

But given my earlier post it looks like my cats fell off and is rattling around loose in the end can.

I've had a Quill Evo2 about 6 weeks now. Wonderful sound and a distinct torque gain. Get yours dyno'd and see if it's the same as mine. I also thought Fatal was getting one, but haven't heard yet.

notasweetman said:
I've had a Quill Evo2 about 6 weeks now. Wonderful sound and a distinct torque gain. Get yours dyno'd and see if it's the same as mine. I also thought Fatal was getting one, but haven't heard yet.

Look for my thread 'a few broken ribs later.......a Quill end can' all will be revealed :)

Pics of installed Quill T3 - Very nice.
Fitted perfectly.
Has a deeper Throb than the standard can.
Can feel a difference low and mid range, has defiantly improved from 3k revs.
Engine doesn’t feel held back anymore.
Will give you an update top half of rev range when I'm able to use it.

IMG_0739.jpg

That was quick...............how long from order to delivery?

I ordered the day after you posted this thread.

that looks just like mine. the sound is definately better, and they look great.

Arrived 1 week after order.

Few more miles today. Fantastic.
I don't need to drop down a cog to overtake quickly anymore. :cheer:

Looks great!

Is that the stainless steel or the titanium version?

Hi, I have had a Quill T3 on my Breva 1200 for the past year and 13,000 miles, and love it, it is 3.5 kilos lighter than the Guzzi tailpipe, and transformed the way it goes,sounds and looks.

I also fitted a BMC air filter, a washable one like a K&N, made big improvements to the sound, and breathes much better. In fact fully loaded with 17.5 stones of me, 2 x 42 litre panniers, tank bag and a big topbox, it pulled 135 mph on a French autoroute this year !
I went to the unit where they make the pipes, nice people, the owner races an old Guzzi, and I am delighted with the product.

Regards Bobelpfan

Ive had a look at the Quill cans and they are very cheap so I would like to know if its just a case of slip it on or will it affect the running without fuelling tweaks?

Hi,

mine fitted straight on with no other tuning needed, immediately made the bike run better, helped by the washable filter, never needs replacing, just washing and reoiling, and really helps the sound, more like a bike, not a hoover now !

Regards Bobelpfan

The can (stainless steel) just slips on instead of the standard can, all lined up perfectly.

I have not altered the fueling at all. I changed the air filter to a K&N last year.
Runs great, bit more poping on deceleration which I like anyway.

Get one, the performance increase will suprise you.

Hi everyone,
I have a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 2010 - latest map

I went to Quill today and had a Trioval in stainless fitted. The Guys up there are very helpfull and do their best to make sure your happy with the end result. I had a before and after Dyno run, have the graph but not sure how to put it on this post?

The Dyno shows a good improvement in the lower ranges. Max power and torque at top end is only up by a small margin but not important. Out of intrest max power is at 7000rpm - ish. Not much point reving beyond this.

MPG seems about the same - I get 43 ish cruising at 75 - 80 and 25 ish at town speeds!

Can saves a huge weight and is much smaller - but

My bike now pops and BANGS on the over run to the point where its over kill. I like some poping on the twins but this is overkill!

Will take it back up as soon as I get a chance, see what they can do.

If any one is intrested I have a contact who can de-cat and mod the original pipe for next to nothing - did an amazing job on my Buell pipes. Get mine back Friday so will post result.

Jim at Quill is also trying to get software to remap the ECU on the Guzzi - will know more next week. would sort the poping.

I'd be interested to know what your max BHP and Torque figures are, both before and after, and at what RPM.

SUPERMOTO said:
I have a Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 2010 - latest map. I had a before and after Dyno run, have the graph but not sure how to put it on this post?
My bike now pops and BANGS on the over run to the point where its over kill. I like some poping on the twins but this is overkill!
Send me the Dyno data, and I'll post it for you. E-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com
Let them know that single pre-set ECU map hard/software is ~$600USD, and adjustable runs ~$7500USD.

I'd be happy to help you get it mapped properly for ~$500US. Contact me for details.

SUPERMOTO said:

After I put Mistrals on a Breva, I had a ton of popping on decel. Fixing the fueling was part of it, getting rid of all the exhaust leaks helped a lot too (I had them everywhere, header, crossover and at the slip-on). Permatex Copper and a couple of hours later, smooth...

How do you guys think the Quill can's compare to other brands. I was speaking with my dealer the other day about Quill and they mentioned that they were not of the best quality and suggested that Mistral was a lot better.

I took delivery of a K&N filter yesterday. I noted that it did not sit in the airbox recess exactly as per the original filter. The lid went back on ok though so I guess its the right one. Ive ridden 10 miles so far and cat say that I can see much difference yet... Maybe I need to go for the exhaust too to complete the smooth running...

guzziguy said:
How do you guys think the Quill can's compare to other brands. I was speaking with my dealer the other day about Quill and they mentioned that they were not of the best quality and suggested that Mistral was a lot better.

I took delivery of a K&N filter yesterday. I noted that it did not sit in the airbox recess exactly as per the original filter. The lid went back on ok though so I guess its the right one. Ive ridden 10 miles so far and cat say that I can see much difference yet... Maybe I need to go for the exhaust too to complete the smooth running...

How do we judge quality? I'm happy with the build 'quality' of my Quill can. I spent a couple of hours at their workshop while they fitted it and Dyno tested it. During this time I watched an exhaust being built from the flat piece of sheet metal up, the guys there seem to know what they are doing, they have an assortment of impressive engineering kit and seem to take a pride in what they do. It's a matter of time before any manufacturing defects are exposed, but for the time being I cannot fault my Quill pipe. I do know that the owner of the company is a Guzzi enthusiast and races a Moto Guzzi so they can't be all bad :)

I asked the guy who Dyno'd my Stelvio if fitting an air filter such as a K & N would be of any benefit, he suggested that their exhaust is set to run with the bike as standard, and that if the filter was changed then some alteration to the fuelling set up may be required. All I can say is that my bike appears to running well, I'll leave it well alone until otherwise.

I have no connection with this company other than being (so far anyway) a satisfied customer.

Back