Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Radial Tire Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Bncprf, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Some are sealed, others aren't. I don't have a V7, but as I recall the V7 does not use the sealed spoke rims, likely due to cost. Other Guzzi's do use them, like the Stelvio.

hody166 likes this.
  2. hody166

hody166 Just got it firing!

Thanks very much for the reply. The guy that told me this had it done on his racer and it was apparently the bike tyre shop that advised him he didn't need tubes, actually asked him why he wanted tubes, as there was no need for them. So he doesn't run tubes on his racer with original spoked rimes???? Sadly, I can't find that damn post :( Murphy's law :( Anyway, just putting it out there. After following this thread, I am interested in the Conti RA 3's.

3. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

I went with the V7II Stone because I didn’t want tube tyres also wasn’t a fan of the shiny fuel tank on the racer.
    So my bike is basically a black racer ;)

hody166 likes this.
  4. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

A friend of mine that I ride with rides with tubeless radials on his "modern" spoked rims on his BMW. He has never had any issues (when we've ridden together), but he did install radio transmitter tire pressure guages that communicate with an app on his phone to make sure that he is maintaining adequate tire pressures. He has has one of his rims loose pressure on another occasion.

hody166 likes this.
  5. hody166

hody166 Just got it firing!

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I have been told by another magnificent Guzzi rider that he has used Conti RA3s on his V7 with original spoke rims without tubes for over 12 months without a problem. I think this is useful info given the other opinions on this thread regarding spoke rims and tubes???

6. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hody if your going to run without tubes make sure you cover the centre of the rim inside with
    something like in the video.

7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

Wrong! It's tubes or you seal them.

8. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

In the SuperMoto world it is common to seal a tube rim with silicone goop and duc tape. They then run tubeless tires without tubes. It does work, but you do have to pay attention to it and replace the goop and tape if it starts to get old.
    The tubeless rims Todd sells are a much nicer way to do it. But it can be done either way.
    But if you were to run tubeless tires without tubes on a stock tube wheel without doing something to make it work it would probably be a problem.

9. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Many (all?) of the modern BMW spoked wheels (12+GS in particular) are cross-spoked wheels with the spokes in the wheel flanges (not in the air chamber like MG).

10. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Has anyone tried the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41? They are radial 90/10 dual sport tires.

11. mkstewed

mkstewed Tuned and Synch'ed

I have the A41s on my 2007 CalVin. 2000 mi on them and I am very happy with them so far.

12. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

Just got a pair of Metzeler Roadtec 01. Will remember to post up after I get some miles and low temp rides on them. Will be a few months, though. I didn't get the 'heavy' version, but still wondering whether the sidewalls will be a bit over-stiff. Looked at the A41s, but wanted more siping. Would've preferred an even higher/more uniform silicone compound, don't really care about tire life given the stakes (I have to commute to work through the winter).

13. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

So, shopping 'fail', they are bias in the V7 sizes.
    After a few days in cool (38' F) weather, they seem slightly more compliant, but definitely not radial-compliant.
    They definitely don't chase road imperfections as much, and they tolerate a lot more force on the brakes for emergency slow downs.
    The Pirrellis were were on 2017 my, with only 4k miles, and appeared to be in good shape. I should've checked the production date on them.