Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. The site owner Todd had surgery on Monday, and will be very slow to respond to all inquiries, including online Store questions.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  3. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Rattle noise on neutral with clutch engaged

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by Slobodan Lakic, May 25, 2019.

1. Slobodan Lakic

Slobodan Lakic Just got it firing!

hi,I recently bought Moto Guzzi Griso 2007 with 536 miles on it. Runs great only concern is noise when the clutch is engaged on neutral. Is that normal I never been ride Moto Guzzi before.

Thank you

2. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

It's a dry clutch like some Ducatis. Perfectly normal. 536 miles! Sounds like you should buy a lottery ticket.

Roose likes this.
  3. Didier

Didier Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ducati is a multi discs not Guzzi, how can that be?. Mine does not make any noise.

4. V700Steve

V700Steve GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

Most Guzzi's have a dual dry plate set-up as does your Griso, some make more noise w/clutch lever pulled in, some more in neutral w/clutch lever out. Lots of noises on these bikes, you'll get used to it.
    Smallblocks & 8V CARC's have a single plate.

5. Slobodan Lakic

agree.

6. Slobodan Lakic

Thank you for info,I don’t mind the noise until is as should be.

7. V700Steve

In 07 the salesman started a Norge and immediately shut it off exclaiming "Terrible Noise" . The CARC bikes have a larger cut-out under the bellhousing letting out more racket.

8. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

So did some of the EV Tourings earlier this century. Beautiful clutch feel, shame it didn't last very long. I learnt how to crab the frame to replace it.

9. V700Steve

I started crabbing frames in early 84 when the soft short clutch hubs were failing. NO final fix till the deep splines in 93 models. SO I swapped them out for club guys. What else is there for a farmer to do in the middle of nowhere cornfields Illinois.

blakbird likes this.
  10. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

Has nothing to do with the clutch. Constant mesh gearbox. Gears are rattling around a bit since they are still spinning but not engaged. Once you pull the clutch in it stops spinning. Well documented on the 8V engines. They all do it to some extent. Some more than others. All depends on the end play of the shaft. Completely normal. Give a listen to a Stelvio some time. They do it also.

Didier likes this.
  11. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

When on a free trial on a soon-to-be-mine V11 I heard a terrible rattling noise so I tough I broke something... Then a Ducati-riding friend said to me "Dry clutch... BEAUTIFUL SOUND!!!"