• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

RC's ride home

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Despite the wind and chill, I had a great ride taking the RC home from SoCal today - what a great friggin' moto.....
I left Chatsworth 9 AM, got to Visalia about 4:30 PM, via a very roundabout route: 101, 41/46, with a bunch of offshoots: 154/Lake cachuma, Foxen Canyon Rd, Corbett Canyon and Orcutt Rds, hwy 58 and 229, hwy 41 out of Creston to shandon. some very fun roads on the coolest machine ever..... the ride, the sound, the feel.... Price's wicked pipes are out of this world, and the bike is running so smooth thanks to Todd. i'm still grinning 5 hours later.....
Met up with my brother at 58 and 229, after running into a Guzzisti from way back - Larry Conn (sp?), who says "hi Todd" -
at the gas station at Santa Margarita....

getting ready to leave chatsworth

NewYearsweekend051.jpg
s station in Santa Margarita....

heading toward Lake Cachuma

NewYearsweekend058.jpg

pit stop on Foxen Canyon Rd

NewYearsweekend064.jpg

my bro (FJR 1300), and Larry Conn (sp) on the right... (both know Todd and say hi - both miss him being in the SLO area)

NewYearsweekend079.jpg

I forgot to add: Larry said he is in between guzzis right now - was riding a suzuki 650 dual sport today. was thinking about a griso, but likes the older guzzis, he said. great guy - very knowledgeable and very funny......

Hey Jam! We missed you this morning, man was it chilly today, eh? Glad you had a fun, uneventful ride home of the revived RC. Ron Wood gets credit for the pipe design, credit me for taking it to Price... and him for putting it all together. Great combo of sound and looks eh? My pleasure on the tune... just wait until you get it dyno tuned. ;)

Yes, that's Larry Kahn. He's well known for his rat DuFuckinCati (sticker in old school print on the tank). He bought his WeeStrom Suzook just after I left SLO. He has a house, yes house, full of some pretty sweet old bikes (like a Norton and an old Indian). Fun guy for sure.

Thanks for posting the great shots, and chat again soon here.

Also, be sure to check your Registration... expired end of Dec. Wanted to tell you when you picked it up.

Thanks, Todd, re the regis.... I had already paid it, just forgot to bring the tag to put on the bike....
I wondered if Larry might be Kahn, not Conn!!! And I had heard about the DuFu#* thing before -
didn't realize he was the guy - should've been able to figure it out after meeting him, however!!
Hey, that pic i just sent you this AM of the RC, can you post it for RJVB on my other thread - he
wants more pix, and sound - i don't know how to do that, which is now a crying shame.....
Here's a very stupid question: what grade of gas should i be using in the moto?

Heh, you be jammin' now, eh? :) (sure you must have heard that one before though...)

for sound: probably not easy to avoid distortion, but if you have a digital photo camera, it's likely able to record short video clips. I *think* you can post those here directly or else get yourself an account on vimeo.com .

jamileh wrote:
Here's a very stupid question: what grade of gas should i be using in the moto?

You know that funny booklet thing you should have under bike your seat? That's called a "owner's manual," contains all sorts of useful info, give it a read. If you check there, you'll find Guzzi always specifies premium. If so inclined, you could try a mid-grade, see if it pings when you lug it. Course, less likely to this time of year, more so in summer.

I agree with Bob. always buy the premium grade gas for the Guzzi's. Per tank its not that much more.

There are 2 bikes that sound better than they should when you ride. One is a Griso with the GTRX on it and the other is YOUR bike. That is only the second dual muffler bike that I have done. And your bike sounds better. The other one was Todds 1000. It sounded good but not quite as nice as your RC.

Hey RJVB - a few friends have mentioned the jammin' thing before, but not a lot....
Here's one more pic of the RC from yesterday, since you asked.....

NewYearsweekend063.jpg

And Bobby D - I knew I could count on you coming out of the woodwork if i asked a stupid question - thank
you for that. I figured premium, but yesterday i had to gas up at Santa Margarita, and they only had regular -
hoped it was ok for one tank. And surprisingly, awhile ago, i was told by someone who i think is knowledgeable that i should
put regular in my Duc, unless it started pinging, then go up one grade. so wasn't sure, especially with the PC and other
work on the RC now, etc... I'll for sure do premium from now on - she's certainly worth it.
I'll work on getting a sound clip on here - it's just too delicious to not try to share somehow. Price, you ready for a flood of
business?

The V11 Lemans remains one of Guzzi's most beautiful designs...

I don't think you'll harm your engine putting in a lower grade fuel from time to time, as long as you prevent pinging as far as possible and as long as you avoid the really bad fuel (something we don't have here), ethanol and diesel ;) (btw, a colleague filled up his car with diesel once, detected the error when he couldn't start ... and was told by the mechanic, after draining, that he'd effectively cleaned his engine with his mistake?!)

Back