• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Re: Bellagio mods

Finished ................................................................... for now.

Well I have had 2 manic rides in the mountains so far. Ducati riding mate can't handle Bella's turn in speed, it's not twitchy nervous or skittish. Very stable but Oh so agile and precise, just think where you want to go and it obeys. Seriously you would have to ride it to understand I'm not bullshitting. Within 100km you would totally adapt and honestly I could never go back to what I had. Did the Lions TT last weekend and gave it some curry in the rough. It is so much smoother with less unsprung weight, and I haven't re-dialled the suspension in yet.

Bella had previously been set up suspension wise to hold a good line and stop from sagging and running wide in corners. Yet, the cornering experience was still of the graceful arc, beginning the turn in process from a long way out, taking time to transition from vertical to whatever lean angle was appropriate. You could force the issue to try and speed this process up, but that would just become tiering.

Now the turn in process begins later, much later, much much fucking later. By comparison to any Guzzi I have owned or ridden Bella just goes so deep into corners before leaning/turning, almost like you have reached the point of no return. Then it just spins round on a sixpence and fires out. I am amazed at how easy it all happens, and getting on the gas earlier and harder is all part of the big smiley experience.

On the TT course there were marshals on 16 of the really bad corners, I laughed as more than a few started waving their red flags frantically at me, thinking I was coming in way too hot. Nah! Mate, I got carbon.

Talking about it just makes me want to go for another ride ............................................................. see ya!

Found this on you tube. At 8:34 you will get a taste of Bella in full song ..................... followed by the NSR250
Lions TT

Ssshhh! He had a 30 sec head start from the border.

Some belligerent hacking and measuring and I discover;
Guzzi claim Bellagio rear wheel travel is 120mm.
I measure stock shock in 1mm increments of compression and discover total rear wheel travel of 92mm.
Furque me drunk, no wonder it feels harsh on big bumps.

Matris R shock offers no more travel. BUT! It has a long top out spring inside.

Well I through that away and replaced it with an alloy spacer and rubber damper. Net result is an increase in shock free length and travel of approx. 10-12mm. Average rocker ratio is 2.3:1 meaning ride height and travel increase by 23-28mm.

That could make life interesting.

In the final analysis, stock Bellagio shock is 310mm eye to eye, Griso shock is about 320mm.
The modified Matris R is now 330mm eye to eye, with option of +8mm ride height adjustment.
However tyres indicate its about spot on at 330.

When looking at the 'L' shaped rocker location and its angles, it appears I now have a better range of movement through the higher ratio (more compliant) of 2.6:1. It ends at 2.1:1 on full compression.

Thanks, so if only we could get a Bellagio. Looks like I'll have to build my own.

Took some digital measurements today, static rake is 25.8° and ground trail is 77mm.
Finally got the comparo ride I've been waiting for, Triumph 675 Street Triple with new S20's and high end Wilber's fitted.
Bikes are near on identical to feel in regard to steering lightness and responsiveness, turn in speed and agility in the flip-flop.
With better front weight bias plus a riding position which is more over the front, the 675 offered better feel/control/confidence.

A Griso rider also had this to say,
"To say I was most impressed with your Bella fails to do her justice. Wow, what a fun bike in the twisties, especially on the varied and variable surfaces of the Mt Lindesay Hwy. I really had a ball guiding her through the bends and getting on the gas nice and early on exit. She is so accurate and light turning-in, though with plenty of feel - tracks like she is on rails."

So if anybody doubts the benefits of carbon fibre wheels and a few suspension mods, these alone are responsible for turning a big fat lazy cruiser into a precision instrument.

Who'd have thought a Guzzi California being as agile as a 675 Street Triple!

Tank is finished. Other custom projects using a V7 tank on a Bellagio have removed the stock air box and fitted pod filters to the TB's.
Todd's development of the "Beast" and other hot rods has previously shown a benefit in the midrange of maintaining a still air box with just an open lid above the filter. So to retain the air box the whole base of the V7 steel tank had to be removed, also the fuel pump mounting flange (which is a lot more substantial on the V7 than the Cali/Bellagio), was moved forward a little, raised and tilted. This was to maintain a healthy clearance from the ECU and new front tank mounts.

I also took the opportunity to mount the tank as far forward as possible, in the interest of getting more of my weight over the front.
The rear half of the air cleaner is nor visible behind the tank. Bellagio/Cali internal pump & filter are retained (new filter installed).

V7 Belly We installed 4 horizontal frame mounts to support the weight. The rear centre mount pulls it all forward. Fits like a glove.

V7 Tank 002   Copy Here you can see why the rear centre mount couldn't be weight bearing. Needs to clear the air cleaner.

V7 Tank 005   Copy This side on view also shows rear mount. Compared to the popular 936 CR (google it) my tank is further forward.

How much does it hold now, I don't know but when the new seat is finished I'll fill it and count down to calculate my reserve.

Last edited:
Below is a photo of the 936CR, I have this as my screen saver, until I finish my bike.
936CR Sorry, can't get it any bigger. always tell the girls that.

Bella 012   Copy
What I'm comparing between these 2 photos, is the amount of room I now have to increase the size of the air box.
My battery box can just be seen 20mm below the seat, but the 936CR still has original batter/tool box in front of the wheel.

Looking good, thanks for the continued posts here. Look forward to seeing the final result.

Looks good. Tank looks good. Not sure what your further plans are but personally, I think you need a new seat, new mirrors, and change out the headlight, instrument cluster configuration. It's sort of in this hybrid stage right now visually, y'know what I mean? I'd like to give it a go now though :)

Waddya mean? That is a new seat. Had to reshape the front of the seat base to fit the new tank and its more forward position. I can now bang my knees (attached to my short stumpy legs) on the tappet covers. As for mirrors, I would like to eventually make my own, add a radial clutch m/c and throw away both reservoirs.

Wouldn't mind a 10" headlight. A big white faced analogue tacho and no other gauges, but that would require a new ECU without the CAN bus crap. Oh, 40mm carbies and I could get ride of 2km of wiring.

My philosophy is if it ain't broke don't fix it (cough), well actually its more like if something isn't performing right make it bigger, better, faster, stronger. Now where's the hammer ....................................

The tank was gifted to me, so I had an obligation to make it fit, ok.

Actually, looking closely at the bike there is so much detail that is totally wrong. The mirrors are cheap chinee crap, why. Coz I was given a Brembo radial brake m/c, no mirror mount. Bought a pair of handlebar lever 'C' mounts from Ducati, needed M8 mirrors stock are M10.
But hey they're black. Lots or wiring exposed due to removal of side covers etc. Side stand bracket is fugly. Front indicator chrome has gone to the dogs. Aesthetically, mag or carbon wheels don't suit a retro café racer, neither do the Axis iron rotors, nor my rear guard. Needs a new 17" front guard too, but I don't care .......................................

I ain't no sheep, never followed the sheep herd mentality, otherwise I would have bought a GSX-R1ZXCB thingy with me 4-intowunzon.

I've just built the bike that I want to ride, and it rides just how I want it to, and I made it pleasing to my eye, and, I am content with its appearance. It looks light, it feels light coz it is light. Now I will add a tank bag and go touring, see to me all touring bikes are so furquen heavy and cumbersome, that they are tiresome unless you ride em on freeways. I got a car with air con and stereo for that.

Bella is a symphony as she swings sweetly through the bends each Sunday for the sermon on the mount. Sometimes the mount is far, far away. Early next year I must return to Mecha, aka the "Oxley".

Last edited:
I don't dislike the appearance by any means, just mentioned my personal taste as to a few details that I would change. Quite the transformation though, very cool. I'm sure it rides and handles beautifully, no doubt. I bet it would look good with a V7 stone matte black tank as well. Anyone good with photoshop here? :nod:

Looking good, but as Franco says above... needs the V7 seat and related. Look forward to your next update.

Back