Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Re-call done

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by ELVISTO, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ELVISTO

ELVISTO Tuned and Synch'ed

Well guys, had my re-call and first service done yesterday, (at home) great sevice from my dealer Haywards of Cambridge can't thank them enough for coming out to do it,
    Noticed, the new cam followers were cylindrical ground on the small diameter, the old ones were not,the cams looked the same, but I shall see if I can get the hardness checked on the old ones, just for my interest.
    I'll give it a run out tomorrow, to see how it goes (can't wait) :woohoo: :eek:hmy:

2. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

House call from a Guzzi dealer - amazing!

I want your dealer to move here.

3. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

Mike, I get my hair cut at home ... would you want Anne to move over there too (with me in her suitcase)? :silly:

4. GUZIRDR

GUZIRDR Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey there, good luck with it and enjoy the ride. I just brought my Stelvio in today and they were going to do the first service. I then told him that I subcribe to this fourum and other owners were speaking of the recall for the Cam followers and some Mapping version update. He looked up the Vin and it came up for the recall. It has not given me any problems thus far. It saved me the first service cost because the recall work covers the first service work as well. Kind of worked out. I have about 820 miles on it and I love more every time I ride it. It's kind of nice having a bike that not too many people have but it seems like I am the only one In L.A. Cali that has one. It would be nice to see one on the road.

Buon Divertimento

Good Ridings

5. ELVISTO

ELVISTO Tuned and Synch'ed

Thats right Gigio, didn't cost me a penny (cent) either, so very happy, Went out for a short run yesterday 90 miles, all was fine double checked nothing was leaking and headed home.
    Did hear some one on this forum was charged for the oil when they did his recall, thats not what it says in my letter from MG, it says the recall's at no cost to the customer,
    Haywards didnt charge me anything,not even for coming out and doing it at my home, that's what I call good service, they have a very good reputation this side of the pond , Stay safe G

6. nomad

nomad Tuned and Synch'ed

nice one - mine has been done a while no problems and really bonding with the machine now...

7. GUZIRDR

GUZIRDR Cruisin' Guzzisti

How can we all get in home service for our Bikes. Good for you. We can all be jealous!! No I did not hear that someone was charged for the oil. Seems like the dealer was out to make a measly buck instead of keeping a customer Happy. It happens. My guy gave me the choice, do it now and spend the money or let me wait for him to order the parts so it could be done under warranty. I naturally chose the warranty way.