• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

READ the Owners Manual BEFORE asking questions.

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
Why do people come here constantly asking questions which are clearly answered in the Owners Manual? :banghead:

It really is sad. For pity’s sake people…

Check the manual FIRST!

99% of what you need to know about how your motorcycle works, is in there. Black & white, clear as crystal.

If you don’t have one, become a donating member to the forum for a few dollars, and then you can get access to the DOWNLOADS section and get an electronic copy for free!

Such a deal.

Who would have thought, reading the Owners Manual for a complex piece of machinery? Hell of an idea…

I know…98.9% of the people are just too damn lazy to be bothered with reading…

I hate when I see someone write, “TLDR” as a reply on the internet. (To Long, Didn’t Read).

They should type “TLDR-ILBI”

(To Long, Didn’t Read - I Like Being Ignorant).

Last edited:
Exactly, Raven.

I feel your pain; well, Scott, at least, I remember it.

Many years ago in a universe far away — i.e., the 82d Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, N.C. — I was a young Army captain.

One day, I went to my boss, a grizzled major of 30 or so, and asked him a question about this or that procedure.

He looked at me for what, to me, seemed an oddly long time.

He then said, "Romeo Tango Foxtrot Mike."

Stooopidly, I then asked, “What does that mean, Sir?”

He gave me a disgusted look, turned around, and walked away.

As I grew grizzled myself, I used that same response with young — and some older — folks, tho, depending on circumstances, was gentler with the innocent lambs. Thus, on appropriate occasions, I left out the Foxtrot or, on others of the lazier sort, “translated” all of the message and delivered it with gusto.

Now, that said, and WRT owner manuals, some entries “need work.” I am about to start fixing breakfast for my (still sleeping) Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess, so one entry — this, in my V7 III’s OM — will have to do. Granted, it’s not technical guidance of the “maintenance-interval” sort, etc., but it does illustrate how such manuals can lead to questions (even if you read them!), to wit: "5. Avoid riding off by mounting the scooter when it is resting on its support.”

Off to the kitchen where, thankfully, at least for an omelet, I won’t need a recipe.

1921!

Bill

Why do people come here constantly asking questions which are clearly answered in the Owners Manual? :banghead:

Check the manual FIRST!

99% of what you need to know about how your motorcycle works, is in there. Black & white, clear as crystal.

If you don’t have one, become a donating member to the forum for a few dollars, and then you can get access to the DOWNLOADS section and get an electronic copy for free!

Such a deal.

Who would have thought, reading the Owners Manual for a complex piece of machinery? Hell of an idea…

I hate when I see someone write, “TLDR” as a reply on the internet. (To Long, Didn’t Read).

I'm on a french guzzi forum, and it's exactly the same thing , basic questions about the use of the motorcycle, without even having opened the manual, it's very annoying .

"5. Avoid riding off by mounting the scooter when it is resting on its support.”
Si signore!

I truly suck at speaking “Chineselish”, the most popular language of user manuals and “information“ today. I admit, that particular language is pure gibberish to my eyes and ears.

However, I’m pretty good at “Italianish”.

Bill, your example really says,

“Hey goomba! Yeah, youza! No ridey the moto offa the damna center standa orza di sidewaysa standa causa thata no madea forza thata! Capischi? Va bene.” 😆

Seriously, I have never understood companies not hiring Native Language Speakers to edit their manuals in that particular language. It would eliminate much confusion.

Last edited:
It’s not just the internet.

Democracy has many wonderful aspects to it, but the one serious flaw that comes in a democracy is that you indirectly consent to allow authority and governance by those who are much more stupid than you! 😩

Check the manual FIRST!

Such a deal.

Unfortunately we now live in the age of "Alexa" et al, where you no longer have to do the heavy lifting of reading and research, you only have to think up a question and someone will answer.

As someone who did read it cover-to-cover, it... is not great. BUT, it certainly does answer many of the questions we see people posting about. What I DO recommend (at least for the newer bikes where its an option) is to track down the manual in PDF format, so that its easily searchable. Occasionally, I want to look up something for reference that I *KNOW* is in the book (you know... because I read it before) and I have a hard time finding it because of the way the book is organized (or, NOT organized... whatever). Searchable PDF file helps a lot. I'm not sure why the powers-that-be don't make all the manuals (and various updated versions) available online easily - instead, it some sort of wile goose manual chase.

Edit to add: ahh... I guess the mothership does offer them online, as per this: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/manuals-from-motoguzzi.22186/
(assuming you're lucky enough to successfully jump through the flaming hoops, it seems)
__Jason

Last edited:
As someone who did read it cover-to-cover, it... is not great. BUT, it certainly does answer many of the questions we see people posting about. What I DO recommend (at least for the newer bikes where its an option) is to track down the manual in PDF format, so that its easily searchable. Occasionally, I want to look up something for reference that I *KNOW* is in the book (you know... because I read it before) and I have a hard time finding it because of the way the book is organized (or, NOT organized... whatever). Searchable PDF file helps a lot. I'm not sure why the powers-that-be don't make all the manuals (and various updated versions) available online easily - instead, it some sort of wile goose manual chase.

Edit to add: ahh... I guess the mothership does offer them online, as per this: https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/manuals-from-motoguzzi.22186/
(assuming you're lucky enough to successfully jump through the flaming hoops, it seems)
__Jason

Umm...keep reading that link you posted Jason. Especially post #4

Back