• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rear Luggage rack on a 2016 eldorado...has anybody installed one ?

john cook

Just got it firing!
I am trying to figure out the installation instructions...very complicated...lots of strange, add-on parts to
get this thing to mate with the bike. The MG instr.bkt has you removing the rear plastic fender, cutting
into and removing pieces from the remaining plastic mounting areas, and utilizing some very unusual looking
supplied adapter pieces to get this thing to hook-up to the stock bike. Has anyone ever attempted this
job...with success ?
If you look at the part on the TLM European website, part # 2S000541, you can view the stuff they sent me.

How do you go about removing the rear plastic fender ? Any help would be appreciated... RACK

John,
I know this isn't really answering the question you asked but it still might be helpful. I installed a Hepco Becker rack on my 2016 Eldorado and it DID NOT require cutting anything on the bike. It just bolted straight on. What it did require was a change to the California Touring seat. Having said THAT, I wouldn't recommend the Guzzi made touring seat. It was horrible. Thin, soft foam that had me riding on the frame in no time. Ultimately I got a Corbin saddle, which is actually quite good.

Hepco makes two racks that will work. One with a back rest and one without. I got it without so that I could mount a top box to it . I'm sorry I don't have any better pictures.

Again, this doesn't actually answer your questions but it is an alternative if you decide you don't want to make unalterable changes to the bike.
Garwood.
PS - The photo with the back rest is not my bike, but it is the Hepco rack with the back rest.

IMG 20170620 214639468 IMG 20170929 150431125 HDR Original 84515 3836 img 0427

I am trying to figure out the installation instructions...very complicated...lots of strange, add-on parts to
get this thing to mate with the bike. The MG instr.bkt has you removing the rear plastic fender, cutting
into and removing pieces from the remaining plastic mounting areas, and utilizing some very unusual looking
supplied adapter pieces to get this thing to hook-up to the stock bike. Has anyone ever attempted this
job...with success ?
If you look at the part on the TLM European website, part # 2S000541, you can view the stuff they sent me.

How do you go about removing the rear plastic fender ? Any help would be appreciated...View attachment 15130

This also may not answer your question directly, but I posted a link a while back about fitting a "standard" MG rack to an Audace and John L wrote about his experience of fitting one to an Eldorado. Part of the problem is the rear fender is much deeper on these two models than the custom/touring so either you cut in to the fender, or you go for longer spaces to do "down-under-up" the other side. Can't be sure but it looks like the kit you have been sent contains the longer spacers to do the latter. Anyway here's the link https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/mg-rack-and-givi-top-box-on-audace.17118/#post-139755

Last edited:
Here's a standard MG rack I installed on my 2014 Custom (bought the rack in late 2015). Instructions VERY confusing as they try to cover all possible configurations. Anyway, it went on with no cutting, but as I recall most of the bolts are as short as they can possibly be and still have a nutfull of threads when tight. That meant really leaning into some of them just to get the first threads to start. YMMV may vary of course...

Attachments

• GuzziRack.jpg
    GuzziRack.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 39
John, this pic will show you where the mounting points are under the fender, you can get to these without removing the fender (I had to because I had to make up my own brackets because there was no rack for the Eldo when I bought mine, I had to use the Cali rack and seat). Don't know why you would have to cut and remove pieces of plastic. 1st time I've seen a Guzzi rack for the Eldo.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 20
Here's a standard MG rack I installed on my 2014 Custom (bought the rack in late 2015). Instructions VERY confusing as they try to cover all possible configurations. Anyway, it went on with no cutting, but as I recall most of the bolts are as short as they can possibly be and still have a nutfull of threads when tight. That meant really leaning into some of them just to get the first threads to start. YMMV may vary of course...
Can you share the rack link if still available? I am looking to buy one, have been using the vikingbags.com/viking-premium-extra-large-motorcycle-tour-pack-for-harley-touring but it was destroyed in a road accident now can't afford another $500 bucks over the motorcycle repair bills :(

Didn't notice that it is a 5-year-old reply. I wonder if you are still following it.
Just noticed your comment. Don't have a link, other than AF1's catalog (that's where I bought it in 2015). Good Luck with finding one that doesn't cost as much as a diamond ring.

Jim

job...with success ?

How do you go about removing the rear plastic fender ? Any help would be appreciated...View attachment 15130
Are you sure that you have purchased the one for the eldorado and not the california, no cutting of any part of the rear fender required on the eldo rack.

I saw a cali rack on a eldorado local a few months ago and it looked like it bolted up fine but the passenger pad was all squeezed into it. I shoulda took a picture

Any suitable racks out there? someone, please share some buying links. I can't find anything on the internet. something similar to this would be fine but a little economical would be better.

Any suitable racks out there? someone, please share some buying links. I can't find anything on the internet. something similar to this would be fine but a little economical would be better.
I don't think there is any rack available to use with the Eldorado seat. Hepco & Becker sell a backrest with a small rack that will fit the Eldo if you also use a California double seat. Todd has them for sale in the store on this site…

Still looking for something similar to this one? Anyone, please help, the https://gtmotocycles.com/products/hepco-becker-sissybar-rack-moto-guzzi-california-1400 is too short to use as a sissy bar and does not have enough space to carry any sizeable rack.
Chances of finding an original MG rack for the Eldorado will be virtually nil. The Hepco becker rack will fit as stated on previous posts but you have to change to a one piece California seat. An 'extended' plate bolted on to the Hepco becker rack would allow you to fit a box of choice and the MG ones do come up for sale occasionally.

There a eldo on fb marketplace right now that has a backrest on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-143244_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109-143244_Facebook.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 8

Back