• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rear/passenger foot pegs

Tonym

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Decided its time to start getting serious about upgrading the Sport, Well after a quick 1600K round trip to a dealer with a V100s on the floor we (wife and I had the opportunity to sit on the Mandello )
Wasn't interest in a test ride , just wanted to see seating position, room available two up etc.

Reaction from wife was "you can buy one but don't expect me to come with you "( after sitting on the sport for most of the 260,000ks travelled she got a pretty good idea of what she wants. Issue is the foot pegs are too high.

In turn has anyone added foot peg extenders to the rear. I see Mistral make a set but I was just wondering how much lower they make the rear pegs?
Would also appreciate feed back from any one (from a pillions prespective) who done a few thousand k's or so sitting on the back.

I suspect my Wife will say the same. I'm currently considering what kind of changes can help. Barbara is about 5'1" tall and has had issues with too tight a bend on the knees. This is one reason I'm currently keeping my R1100RT bike. I'd like to make the change over totally to the V100 and there needs to be some accommodations made for her. I've got my first winter approaching and I don't normally put the bike away. There isn't much wind protection and it might relegate the V100 to secondary duties over the winter. (Though it seems to start very well in any kind of weather I've been in yet. We'll see if that continues when the temps are about 15 degrees (F)

Hi WynnD

Just to let you know I got onto Mistral in Italy and they say their rear foot peg extenders drop the peg by 7cm. (looking on their website to me it looks like they only drop by about 4cm ) anyway I decided to order a set so I can take to the dealers and fit to a demo bike to see how much of a difference they actually make for my wife (whos 5'7"). Might end up throwing a few $ away but hey got to keep the "pillion in a million " happy.
Even though in the past I've bought stuff of Mistral directly in Italy, they now use a distributor in Australia ( which I dont have an issue with) So I told the distributor to order them in for me when they next place an order on Mistral so it might be a month or two before I receive them.....I'll keep you posted on the outcome

Hi WynnD

Just to let you know I got onto Mistral in Italy and they say their rear foot peg extenders drop the peg by 7cm. (looking on their website to me it looks like they only drop by about 4cm ) anyway I decided to order a set so I can take to the dealers and fit to a demo bike to see how much of a difference they actually make for my wife (whos 5'7"). Might end up throwing a few $ away but hey got to keep the "pillion in a million " happy.
Even though in the past I've bought stuff of Mistral directly in Italy, they now use a distributor in Australia ( which I dont have an issue with) So I told the distributor to order them in for me when they next place an order on Mistral so it might be a month or two before I receive them.....I'll keep you posted on the outcome
Looking forward to your results. I've kept my R1100RT for double up riding, but I'd rather do it all on the V100. It's a better bike on so many levels, but I agree, if it doesn't work for the pillion, it doesn't work for double up riding.

Help required.

Supposedly the Mistral rear set pegs have arrived in the land of OZ, but I haven't received them yet. I'm still doubtful that they will lower the rear peg by 7cm as the manufacturers claim. But I can accept being proven wrong.

Anyway if some one can assist measuring their V100,in the way I have done, it would be gratefully appreciated .

As you can see from the attached photo using a spirit level the distance from the top of the rear foot peg to the top of the pillion seat (Middle) on my existing 1200 sport is approximately 520mm. (my mates triumph is the background is only 435).

Whilst I would love to buy a V100 , and like the positive reviews it receives, I wonder if it really is a good two -up long distance tourer.

For my pillion/wife comfort is the key, at "60 plus" she's still is happy to sit on the back of the sport for 500 -600ks a day , but i wonder if I'm expecting too much from the Mandello

For those that ride with a pillion please give me your thoughts (or should I say the pillions thoughts), and of course if you can take the measurements between top of rear foot peg and that of the pillion seat it would be appreciated ( with the closest dealer being 5 hours away in the big "smoke" having been to both Melbourne and Sydney only a couple of times in the past few years I'm really not that keen in going there in the short term to take some measurements)

Thanks for your assistance , and seasons greetings to you all. Guzzi seat height

My V100 measured about 430mm
Hi Kevin
thanks for taking the time to measure. Was hoping that it would be a greater distance , and am now starting to wonder if its a viable replacement for my existing Sport even if I got the rear peg extenders

If it was only me that went away on the bike I'd already have one in the garage.

Will still go down the path of fitting peg extenders to a demo bike and see if that makes a real difference

Well after a few months wait ,the Mistral rear pegs extenders have finally arrived.

Not having a V100 (yet) , I don't know exactly how much the pegs will be lowered by.

Fitted them to my mates Triumph 955i and it dropped the pegs by about 4.3cm (not the 7cm mistral claimed ,but then again I haven't fitted them to a V100, so it might be slightly different....but it definitely wont lower them as much as Mistral claimed, but hey the wife was impressed with them, so that's a plus).

So the V100 is still on the shopping list.

We'll be travelling to Tassie in 6 weeks , and will make a detour of 500ks or so to one of the closest country dealers in the attempt to fit the extenders to a demo bike. ( hopefully they wont say no ... after all 10minutes of relocating pegs could result in a $30K + sale for them ( Have decided to go for the base model "Nero Ossidano" a new 2024 colour and will then upgrade the suspension, based on the 2 upweight it will carry ... as no dealer here can tell me if I have to/ how recalibrate the semi active suspension if I got an "s" model.) Luggage will most probably be Givi as opposed to the Guzzi offering.

So we're one step closer to the purchase , hopefully it will work out . Otherwise I might be chucking a few more $ into the Sport to keep it going for a bit longer (265,000k's now, and have over 7000 k's of trips planed in the next 4 months....fantastic bike but sooner or later its got to go)

Well the Mistral passenger peg extenders work a treat.

Soon as the wife sat on the bike with them fitted , she said buy a new one.
below you will find a pic of how much they lower the rear foot pegs (sorry there's not a before and after photo , but I'm sure you'll get an understanding of how much they lower the rear pegs.

Peg extenders

I'll have the other Italia-made versions below online soon. Ping us direct email to pre-order Sales @GTMotoCycles.com

Iso V100 PassPEg1

Sooo glad my better half refuses point blank to have anything to do with motorbikes. At least I just have to please myself. Makes for an easier life all round.

Back