Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Amidst the global dilemma, we’re offering free shipping in the U.S. now EXTENDED through Monday (4/6). Use COVID-19-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone, stay healthy, and please be helpful to those who aren’t.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Rear Stop Switch Connector

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by xqpvax, Nov 25, 2019.

1. xqpvax

xqpvax Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Recently added the MGMP to my 2017 V9 Bobber. On the right side where the MGMP connector is located, I noticed the tiny two-pole connector for the "rear stop switch" according to my service manual. It wasn't connected and I can't find anything to connect it to...LOL

My brake light works with both the front and rear brake levers.

I worry if I disconnected it accidentally when pulling the MGMP cable through the frame.

Thanks

dbm

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If your brake lights work when you press the rear brake pedal, that that connector isn't for the brake light switch.

3. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Might be able to identify its function if you could describe the colours of the wires connected to it. Should then be able to identify it on the wiring diagram.