Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Rear suspension recall

Discussion in 'CARC' started by bounty320i, Aug 8, 2013.

1. bounty320i

bounty320i Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi guys,
    After the recent rumors of an imminent recall, I guess this makes it official.
    http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/moto-gu ... 00-recall/

Haven't heard yet from the local dealer here in Dubai but inwill be in touch with them next week. I am curious as to how dealers in the US are doing about this.

Ride safe

2. Slo-Mo-Shun

Slo-Mo-Shun Just got it firing!

There is another thread on this issue. The letters are going out in the UK, I had one last week for my 2013 Griso.

All the best
    Pete

3. wyno

wyno Just got it firing!

Getting mine done on Monday plus a 10000k service....after only having the Griso for 2 months.

4. bounty320i

bounty320i Tuned and Synch'ed

Just got off the phone with the local dealer. Turns out they changed the conrod/linkage 10 days ago when i had taken my griso in to fix the 'illusive' service warning light and forgot to tell me :shock: :shock:

I now have to pass by to sign some (waiver?) form they need to send back to Piaggio. All's good I suppose :D. Now I can focus my energy on adding my latest mods (muffler, K&N filter and PCV!!!).

5. Cage Free

Cage Free Cruisin' Guzzisti

Got my recall today.. Says one hour to complete, hopefully they can do it while I wait with appointment but probably not.. Wonder if dealers even have the parts in stock.

6. Cage Free

Well called my dealer to make an appointment to bring it in and SUPRISE they have no idea what im talking about but said the would contact Piaggio and get back to me.. Ya right.. I called the number on the recall and talked to a nice lady that said all the dealers had been notified and that she would e-mail and call my dealer to get them on the ball..Three hours later GP calls me and says they heard from Piaggio and parts have been ordered and they will contact me when they arrive..Piaggio headquarters is about 80 miles from dealer, the part is in stock so hopefully it will happen soon.

7. Cage Free

So its Oct 11 and still no parts for the recall for my bike..As of last call to Guzzi USA (2 weeks ago) they are out of stock but more should be coming from Italy soon..Nice.. :roll:

8. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

The problem is on some bikes the shock can touch the dog leg at full compression. The replacement dog leg is very similar, and you would not notice the difference unless both were side by side on the bench.

9. John Warner

John Warner Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Apologies for dragging this back up, but does anyone know the part number of the original (crack-prone) Link?

Reason I'm asking, is that there's a few new (old stock, 2008) ones up for sale on ebay, £30 posted.
    I got one just for the Seals, Bearings and Bushes, which would cost many times that if bought separately.

Part number quoted in the ad is GU055603330, which may be a typo, as the discontinued one in the parts list is GU05560330.

If they are selling the suspect ones, they need to be told I think . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzz...479116?hash=item3f88a5604c:g:G1AAAOSwIINZvlik