• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

rear wheel failure

Sort of, I am within $600.00 of what I wanted, they said they would not pay for the lower MShock I put on the bike on day 1 before riding.
I protested and they are looking at the protest, I hope to be paid out this coming week...........Ive been saying that for a month now, Insurance companies just try to wear you out.
"Insurance companies just try to wear you out" is a very accurate statement. I had to fight with the other driver's insurance company for quite a while to get somewhat close to what my first electric car was worth when it was hit from behind while waiting for a traffic light. I hope your insurance company comes through and pays what they should. Since the lower shock was probably to accommodate your height, make that argument with them if you need to.

If there is an opportunity, I would gladly contribute funds to help pay for metallurgical analysis (failure analysis) of the rear wheel.

If they sold it off before settling with you you, should be able to demand more. Get comps from cycle trader etc. I did this back in 2010 when I destroyed a bike in Alaska. They sold it to the wrecker co before paying or talking to me. I wound up with $2000 more than they originally wanted to give me.

If they sold it off before settling with you you, should be able to demand more. Get comps from cycle trader etc. I did this back in 2010 when I destroyed a bike in Alaska. They sold it to the wrecker co before paying or talking to me. I wound up with $2000 more than they originally wanted to give me.
All seems to be good here because I had a rider on the policy for complete replacement cost of the bike. So I am getting 100% replacement cost, its the accessories and towing and helmet that they are waffling on. The tow was 31km for $400.00!! Yes the north country can charge what ever they want.

I have yet to see the pants, boots and jacket as they will be sent to me by my friend. Insurance is extra for the protective gear. It was all Aerostitch and I think it was ok when I looked at it before I was transported. It would be covered under my house hold policy but that has a 1000.00 deductible. I'll update this thread when all is complete.

Ok I can now report my V85TT ownership has come to an end. I was paid for total loss and am happy with the pay out. The bike went to an online auction house so I did not get to see the damage other than photos. I will never know the reason for the failure but I have to move on. For me faith in the V85 is low so I will be riding my V Strom this next season as my injuries are still on going. I have ridden 3 times in the last month and things still ache. I loved the V85 for the year I owned it but being debt free is now a nice feeling!
I received my gear this week and the Darien jacket has slight scuffing on the right shoulder and no where else, it appears the helmet and shoulder area was where I slid.
I also received the shorter MShock back and it has gravel rash on the spring, I was thinking to repair the spring and then offer it to a vertically challenged person, I also have the OEM shock zero miles plus the short wind screen.
Thanks to all for their support.

Ok I can now report my V85TT ownership has come to an end. I was paid for total loss and am happy with the pay out. The bike went to an online auction house so I did not get to see the damage other than photos. I will never know the reason for the failure but I have to move on. For me faith in the V85 is low so I will be riding my V Strom this next season as my injuries are still on going. I have ridden 3 times in the last month and things still ache. I loved the V85 for the year I owned it but being debt free is now a nice feeling!
I received my gear this week and the Darien jacket has slight scuffing on the right shoulder and no where else, it appears the helmet and shoulder area was where I slid.
I also received the shorter MShock back and it has gravel rash on the spring, I was thinking to repair the spring and then offer it to a vertically challenged person, I also have the OEM shock zero miles plus the short wind screen.
Thanks to all for their support.
Thanks for posting this final update. I guess we’ll never know what really happened, but it’s good to hear that you’re back in the saddle! Hoping that we don’t learn of (or experience) similar failures. Many more happy and safe miles and smiles to you!

Back