• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

rearsets for v7 classic/cafe

Corsa Italiana has it on their web site, but it will cost you an arm, leg and your firstborn. Roughly converted from GBP = about $1500 US. :shock: Word is that US dealers will not have access to the parts, even though they are going to sell a limited edition V7 Racer here. :cry:

http://www.corsaitaliana.com/index.php? ... assic_&a=0

Scroll down and you will see it - by special order only natch.

I've been trying to adapt a new set of Tarozzi rearsets to my Café. Wonderful as they are, they're not entirely suitable for this particular application. I have found some rearsets that are closer to the Guzzi ones and cheaper than the Tarozzis but even they may not work due to the location of linkage location (forward of pivot center whereas the Guzzi ones are behind the pivot point). No aftermarket rearset components I've found seem to address the need for the "up" stop on the brake lever nor the need for a tension spring on the brake lever. That's kind of a problem. The Corsa Italiano site does have a pretty good photo:

V7Rkit.jpg

This is a much better photo of the components than seen on any V7 Racer image on the web. Note that the levers are straight unlike the Tarozzis which splay out from the pivot point. Tarozzi, Raask and most others are the same way. The reason I'm bringing this up is that the Guzzi lever is flat and has a large round spacer between it and the mount plate. That spacer allows the rearset to be positioned in a slot in the mounting plate as it allows the bolt on the backside of the slot to clamp the spacer and still have enough material of the mounting plate clamped to allow rigidity of the foot peg. The splayed lever like the Tarozzi will probably be too wide to emulate the Guzzi installation. Note that the brake lever has an adjustable stop at the top forward of the pivot point. This is just a screw on an eccentric cam to a spacer to the mounting bracket. It's hard to discern that in the photo at first glance. Directly below that in the shadow, is a grooved peg for the tension spring that hooks to a similar grooved peg at the top of the mount bracket. The stock brake cylinder remains in it's original position vice the further aft one on the V7R prototype (plus a lot of other changes as well). This may require a longer actuating rod to be fabricated because again, that one is not available to the USA. I'm going to try to use the stock V7C one but it is threaded for 7mm and the clevis on the Tarozzis is threaded for 6mm. There's just enough meat on the Tarozzi part to drill it out and thread it to match the Guzzi component but I hate having to adapt each and every single part. Still, that appears to work. It just may be too short is all.

The shift side appears to be a lot easier. Lever, mount bracket, peg, shift linkage and the 30-spline shift lever pin that replaces the shift lever on the standard V7s. The V7R 30-spline lever is not available to the USA. The next best thing is one from another model Guzzi and that one I've listed below but that one is not flat like the V7R one and it may not work as well. I actually have the parts listed below and will post as to their suitability as soon as I can. I would not recommend just splurging ~$120 on them yet as there may be better alternatives available for a lesser cost as well. The distance between the foot peg center and the lever attached to the lever pin is very short and the linkage is short to accommodate that. The V7R linkage is also not available to the USA so I've again borrowed a linkage from the Guzzi parts bin but it is quite a bit longer and may need to be shortened. It also a left and right hand thread assembly which complicates matters. More fitting and fudging required. Nothing is ever simple.

Qty_Part No.________Description___________________Price

1___GU32256910___Lever_________________________$40.72
1___GU32257810___Change gear tie rod complete__$53.93
1___GU32251610___Lever pin______________________$21.59

At the moment, I'm doing all my prototyping with thin plywood. I'll get what looks like it might work, hop on the bike, put my foot to it - and crack! Oops. Sigh. It's just never bolt on is it?

Measure with verniers, mark with chalk, cut with a chainsaw... :p

I don't think I'm ever going to want to do this again with just hand tools. The parts I made are cobby as hell. I'm not quite finished with them. I'm waiting for some Tarozzi spacers to come arrive and then I'll swap out the multiple fender washers. This setup sort of mimics the V7 Racer setup. A friend in the UK was nice enough to send me some very good photos of the Racer setup close up but in the end, due to the materials available, tools on hand etc, I opted to just draw up my own mounting plates. Still, without photos, it would have been even more difficult.

I also lowered the clipons. It's starting to look like a proper café bike. At this point, I can't afford a fairing so it's going to be face forward into the wind.

Back