• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rebuttals

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
BS and wear and 13k km is jack in the wear and tear department.

Fwiw my '13 V7 Stone is at about 15k miles and never had any warranty claim under the 2 year warranty anyway.

Forums largely attract people with problems looking for solutions. We can't tell a thing about real world statistics from them.

But thinking about the many owners of modern smallblocks I know a warranty claim is far from a guarantee.

Kev M, attempts to use his anecdotal personal experience as proof of no issues. Ok, sure. Right.

The fact is, any knowledgable owner of any modern Guzzi, knows that there are always issues. In fact, contrary to what he said here, Kev M himself has used aftermarket software to fix rideability running issues on his bike. He failed to mention that here but he says a whole lot about it on Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi forum (among his other 25,029+ posts) He's also said, when explaining the issues with Moto Guzzis, "...but this is Guzzi and stranger things have happened". Curious, I thought he said there was nothing to be concerned about. Oh well.

qportx, do some research and go into this with your eyes open and understand that Moto Guzzi, is a Boutique Hand builder of motorcycles of about 10,000 per year for the whole world. They do not have an ultra modern factory with super high-tech assembly lines and robots, etc. They make mistakes and sometimes, they can be really big and should affect your decision making process.

Have you used the search function on these forums here and typed in "V7 II problem" and seen what comes back.

How about this...I don't know, "motor being replaced due to missing crank thrust bearings" seems kind of not "BS" to me; Kev M's calling my post BS not withstanding...

Screen Shot 2017 04 28 at 123039 AM

Screen Shot 2017 04 28 at 13554 AM

Or...

Screen Shot 2017 04 28 at 10128 AM

How about Kev M's own words (there are LOTS more too)

Screen Shot 2017 04 28 at 10337 AM

Be smart. Take a couple of hours to search the forums, read the issues others have had, not to disuade you but to open your eyes, and to help you become informed and understand something about the motorcycle you are wanting to purchase other than you like or don't like the previous owner. If you do this, you will be one step further along on your journey to become a real and happy Guzziisti.

I am excited to see a picture of your new motorcycle soon.

Best Wishes and Good Luck!

Last edited:
Kev M, attempts to use his anecdotal personal experience as proof of no issues. Ok, sure. Right.

The fact is, any knowledgable owner of any modern Guzzi, knows that there are always issues. In fact, contrary to what he said here, Kev M himself has used aftermarket software to fix rideability running issues on his bike. He failed to mention that here but he says a whole lot about it on Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi forum (among his other 25,029+ posts) He's also said, when explaining the issues with Moto Guzzis, "...but this is Guzzi and stranger things have happened". Curious, I thought he said there was nothing to be concerned about. Oh well.

How about this...I don't know, "motor being replaced due to missing crank thrust bearings" seems kind of not "BS" to me; Kev M's calling my post BS not withstanding...

How about Kev M's own words (there are LOTS more too)

View attachment 12200

Wow, that's a lot of effort to misquote me and counter my view with straw man arguments.

Btw, I am NOT running aftermarket software or maps on my V7, nor the other V7's I've been referencing. You'll notice my quote says nothing about that.

The cold start "problem" basically amounts to letting my bike warm up for a minute or so before riding off. Silly, but hardly unforgivable.

I've been posting on WG for over a decade. Yeah there are a lot of posts but most are not about "problems" they are about:

Maintenance
Accessories
Rides
Other events
Other bikes/brands
Life, etc.

I have had some bothersome Guzzis, but they've been getting better and better since my first.

My V7 has really only needed the voltage regulator replaced and even that was debatable.

My point on forums in general is you tend to hear the bad and not a balanced view of the big picture.

Your mention of thrust bearing motors is off point because by 13,000 km it should have shown up by now.

Btw, have any of those motors been in other markets? Just curious.

No matter. I just didn't want you to brow beat the OP into thinking he was doomed no matter what, though that seems to be what you may have accomplished.

...No matter. I just didn't want you to brow beat the OP into thinking he was doomed no matter what, though that seems to be what you may have accomplished.

Kev M - I've run into you before and quite frankly, you're a jerk with a abrasive opinion on virtually every damn thing. In an effort to prop yourself up and look like the big-shot you fancy yourself as, you called my opinion that I shared with qportx, at his request, "BS" and that I "brow-beat" him. I have something for you on that buddy.

Fingers

You talk out both sides of your mouth, over at Wildgoose Chase promoting Beetle map crap and such while badmouthing Todd and the PCV/Autotune setup he developed for us (yeah, I have it, installed it myself, worked first time perfect, and it ROCKS - Pete Roper is a loudmouth wanker who's was too inept to get it to work and never misses a beat to badmouth it and Todd.) You seem to get involved in almost every discussion of an issue, and then act as if Moto Guzzi has nothing at all to be wise and aware about, but then do a 180 flip-flop and post shit like this about how every 8V is crap and you don't even own one! You just like to hear yourself talk and act the big-man on campus. I recognize your type and frankly, I cannot stand you.

Screen Shot 2017 04 28 at 111827 PM

I didn't brow beat qporx. I answered his original request for opinions and gave some reasons as to why I answered as I did and that to go into it with his eyes open and be informed. He's 24, and as he said, 6,000 Euro is a lot of money to him. He stated his appreciation for what I offered to him and knows that I wish him the very best experience he can possibly have. I help people here. It's what I like to do. Furthermore, when it comes to 20-something year old males, motorcycles, and advice, I'm a damn seasoned pro from my own 3 sons (24, 23, 21).

As to bringing up the thrust bearing motor issue, it refutes 100% your cavalier and laisee-faire attitude. For fucks sake KevM, the young man could have been duped into buying a thrust bearing motor, or one with a different issue that he may have been totally unaware of. I told him to get information, be informed, and that a dealer warranty and lower mileage had value. That's not fantasy, it's fact! Those things have tremendous value! You do him a disservice for just summarily dismissing them as of no value.

Have you ever actually HELPED somebody out on any forum and given an actual solution to a problem? All you ever do is throw your 2 cent opinion in, which in my estimation, is exactly what it's actually worth.

Next time, if you have something to say, why don't you just say it without calling somebody else's post Bullshit. Or better yet, offer something of substance and assistance instead of pontificating on other people's posts.

Last edited:
Kev M - I've run into you before and quite frankly, you're a jerk with a abrasive opinion on virtually every damn thing. In an effort to prop yourself up and look like the big-shot you fancy yourself as, you called my opinion that I shared with qportx, at his request, "BS" and that I "brow-beat" him. I have something for you on that buddy.

View attachment 12205

You talk out both sides of your mouth, over at Wildgoose Chase promoting Beetle map crap and such while badmouthing Todd and the PCV/Autotune setup he developed for us (yeah, I have it, installed it myself, worked first time perfect, and it ROCKS - Pete Roper is a loudmouth wanker who's was too inept to get it to work and never misses a beat to badmouth it and Todd.) You seem to get involved in almost every discussion of an issue, and then act as if Moto Guzzi has nothing at all to be wise and aware about, but then do a 180 flip-flop and post shit like this about how every 8V is crap and you don't even own one! You just like to hear yourself talk and act the big-man on campus. I recognize your type and frankly, I cannot stand you.

View attachment 12206

I didn't brow beat qporx. I answered his original request for opinions and gave some reasons as to why I answered as I did and that to go into it with his eyes open and be informed. He's 24, and as he said, 6,000 Euro is a lot of money to him. He stated his appreciation for what I offered to him and knows that I wish him the very best experience he can possibly have. I help people here. It's what I like to do. Furthermore, when it comes to 20-something year old males, motorcycles, and advice, I'm a damn seasoned pro from my own 3 sons (24, 23, 21).

As to bringing up the thrust bearing motor issue, it refutes 100% your cavalier and laisee-faire attitude. For fucks sake KevM, the young man could have been duped into buying a thrust bearing motor, or one with a different issue that he may have been totally unaware of. I told him to get information, be informed, and that a dealer warranty and lower mileage had value. That's not fantasy, it's fact! Those things have tremendous value! You do him a disservice for just summarily dismissing them as of no value.

Have you ever actually HELPED somebody out on any forum and given an actual solution to a problem? All you ever do is throw your 2 cent opinion in, which in my estimation, is exactly what it's actually worth.

Next time, if you have something to say, why don't you just say it without calling somebody else's post Bullshit. Or better yet, offer something of substance and assistance instead of pontificating on other people's posts.

I'll just leave this whole thing here for posterity. It insults you way more than it does me.

Ride safe

Kev

I'll just leave this whole thing here for posterity. It insults you way more than it does me.

Ride safe

Kev

LMAO. Ok.

At least you're consistent on the effect you have on people...

Screen Shot 2017 04 29 at 31427 AM

Yeah, you "ride safe" yourself except I won't bow down and kiss your ass later because you have 25,000+ posts, and your friends gang up on me and chastise me for calling you out for who and what you are.

I don't back down when I get this pissed and I stand by what I said, every word.

qportx, good luck with your purchase! Be sure to come add it to the registry with a picture so we can see it!

LMAO. Ok.

At least you're consistent on the effect you have on people...

View attachment 12207

Yeah, you "ride safe" yourself except I won't bow down and kiss your ass later because you have 25,000+ posts, and your friends gang up on me and chastise me for calling you out for who and what you are.

I don't back down when I get this pissed and I stand by what I said, every word.

Ok tough guy whatever.

Hmm, here's a thought, maybe he apologized for that because he thought about it and felt it was out of line.

I know I apologize to people when I screw up.

Hell I would even apologize to you if you were offended by my original response, despite your behavior since.

You see that's how adults act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back