Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Recommendation for garage work stool [with wheels]?

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by ginkgo, Jun 25, 2020.

1. ginkgo

ginkgo Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi all, do any of you have a recommendation for a seat to use for working on bikes? I had one from Harbor Freight with wheels and a small tray for tools, but it just broke and I'm lucky I didn't break my butt! And I'm not heavy! I've seen lots of options online but wanted to check with you guys for your thoughts on the topic. Thanks for any guidance on this. Norm

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I have a couple of these I purchased years ago from Sears (they don't have it now) when they weren't this expensive. They work great. amazon.com/Whiteside-Manufacturing-USA-Made-Professional/dp/B000P6WMO6/

Wildroamer likes this.
  3. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

hehehe yeah Ginkgo I use that Harbor Freight unit... When the wheels broke I installed some bigger castors. When the screws fell outta the bottom of the seat I installed bigger ones. It still gets caught in cracks in the floor .. any cracks. When I sit on it I hafta pay close attention or it can tip.
    An unusual piece of "equipment" fer sure.
    Cheap tho...

4. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

Harbor freight was a POS! Chinese bearings. I'd look at summit racing or simmilar. Look for real wheels.

john zibell likes this.
  5. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

All those seats come from China. All of them.

You just need to buy the right one!

I have 2 of these from Harbor Freight. One on each side of my lift.

I weigh over 300# and they have served me very well for almost 2 years.

I used the Harbor Freight 20 percent off coupon you can get for free online.

harborfreight.com/mechanics-roller-seat-with-drawers-63762.html

FDC4EFA8-C5A0-4B58-B731-296ADEE928C9.jpeg

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

that one looks like it has different wheels than the cheaper one. the bearings fall out of it way too soon especially if you have a rough surface or expansion joints.

7. dk1six

dk1six Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

I have a couple of griots compact sit on creepers they're around five years old have held up nicely under use with no degradation of the cushions or wheels. They're a few dollars more than what you might find at the local parts store and they're position is fixed but they're comfortable and will probably outlast me.

8. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

After reading John Zibell’s post, I bought two of the Whiteside Manufacturing chairs he liked.

SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANYTHING I HAVE EVER SAT ON!

Thanks John Zibell for the GREAT suggestion!

5FC52167-BCFA-4189-B02C-47CA75767C98.png
    5CFD6319-AC19-4D9F-A9C3-4140C6BC047D.jpeg
    Over on Right side is one of them. They are WELL MADE for sure!

Wildroamer likes this.