• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Red 1987 Moto Guzzi v75 issues and CR Proj

Frederik said:
Filipe Have you got this picture?
It shows all the connections and hoses.
Cheer, had alread seen this pic and I got a hole on mine were the L mount is and am missing the L mount and the part that hold it all together so it was just resting on the engine. I some times don´t trust these manual pics because could be missing something. So I keep taking photos of the bike as I go along as not to loose or mismount anything. I´m a untrained "mechanic".

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you Guzzistas and may we all be able to restore and save all these Guzzis! :woohoo:

Hi all Guzzistas

I´m going to try and drop the engine so I can change air filter and see housing condition, don´t see any other way on this model.
Will be doing this next weekend if I manage to spare some time and will be taking photos of the process so other can see how it is done, because housing is to connected to engine(pic4) and no space to take the housing or air filter out. :|
Still have to ask a local mecanic for some tools to help remove the top half of the frame from the bottom half of the frame as seen on pics1 and pic2.
She (bike )is already quite stripped :mrgreen: down as seen on pic3.

Filipe

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 766
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 766
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 766
  • pic4.JPG
    pic4.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 766
Which handlebars looks the coolest pic1 high or pic2 low? vote please
Oh and no this mirror will not be the final mirror, it will be chrome ones! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 747
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 747
Hi all, got married on the 24-03-2012 so have not had any time to work on my project. :)

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of any cool side panels from other Guzzi models that might fit on my 1987 v75 too make it look more CR, instead of the long original ones. Please send me Photos of this of type of frame and the side panel that could help me decide and so see where they(panels to frame) connect. Maybe some older bikes likev35´s, v35 imola, police ..., v50´s, monza, sport, etc, v65, v65sp etc and maybe even new beacause frame look alike(can anyone confirm) v7, v7 racer.

Cheers guys

P.s. I will take measurements as soon as possible that could help for some feedback.

Attachments

• side panel.jpg
    side panel.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 606
I put side panels from an 850 T3 on my V7 Classic, I had to change some things to fit them though. Your frame is the same size as the newer bikes.
Congratulations on getting married! :D

Attachments

• v7 finished 011.JPG
    v7 finished 011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 598
Sweet ride mwrenn, looks good and could be an option!

Thanks for feedback

Hi there Guzzistas.
Nead some feedback, I wonder if this tank and seat would be adaptable on my type of smallblock frame. I just think this tank and seat will be killer look on my machine, don´t you guys think? Might even put some black and white flag stips on the back to blend even more!

Cheers
Philip

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 464
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 464
  • testing 1 2 3.jpg
    testing 1 2 3.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 434
Regarding bleeding the linked system of brakes? De-mount the calipers and put something between the pads ten elevate them so they are the highest part in the system. Starting with the nipple closest to the master cylinder start bleeding in the conventional way until ou have purged both frear and then front ends of the system. I am unsure whether your model has a bleed nipple on the splitter so check.

The reason the linked system is a pain to bleed is that the master cylinder displaces so little fluid that any air in the lines will simply rise back up towards the highest point while the master cylinder is re-priming. The only way to purge it without a master-vac is by making the calipers the highest parts in the system.

Pete

Cheers Pete on feedback on brake, will keep it in mind. Ok so I went nuts and got the tank and seat, just perfect in looks. Any ideas on mounting tank(big block) on my small block(photos would be great). The seat I have already some Ideas from the seller on make a custom base.

The more ideas the less I mess up! :)
Will try to make a better photo(I used mobile cam)

Just saw this thread - very cool! Congrats - it's evident you did not know what you have gotten yourself into buying a V75/4 - :shock: :eek: :? :dry: :? :cool: I assume you do now.

The most powerfull SB Guzzi ever made - and the record still stands :)

The 8V SB's are known to have valve train issues - the problem was not ONLY attributed to the valves, but the whole train - which were too weak to manage the over dimentioned springs. Like Pete indicated, some of the new bikes dropped valves after very short trips :unsure: :eek:hmy:

Drop me a PM if you need more info on the subject. I'll be happy to help you making this great SB stable and road worthy with the ability to stack thousinds of miles without popping valves, however, to make the assessment of the valve train and needed upgrades, will take some doing on your part B)

Ciao

Hi there all.
I have not worked on bike for a while now because short on time(tic toc) and time (cash - Portuguees crises)!
IceBlue I did know of some v75 problems but there are not much Guzzi in Madeira where I live and just had to save this one. Oh and I now you are the guy to talk to went I fire her up if I have valve issues. I still have a filter issue to fix because I have to change the casing dew to a small hole were it hold on the engine. IceBlue do you know of a alternative filter setting not at weird and complexed as this one?
Oh and if it was not enough me buying a v75 :D I just got(girlfriend bithday present) 2/3 of a Barn Moto Guzzi v65 Florida :D(no rear wheel, no driver seat, electrics(no coment), tank is a rust bucket etc - I know I´m a nutter) that will take another 5 year to restore seeing I´m going to be a DAD in jan or feb. Check out 2 pics of the Florida isn´t she a beauti ... don´t answer! :)

Hope to be back with good news! :)

I know of a nice setup, that only requires a simple airfilter at the end of the tube comming from the oil collector/breather box connected to the valve covers.

Not complicated at all. The filter is only to prevent, that there are no dust sucked into the oil collector/breather box. That makes it possible to dump the intake filter box, which is limiting intake on this hungry air pump of a mill :)

Cheers

IceBlue said:
I know of a nice setup, that only requires a simple airfilter at the end of the tube comming from the oil collector/breather box connected to the valve covers.

Not complicated at all. The filter is only to prevent, that there are no dust sucked into the oil collector/breather box. That makes it possible to dump the intake filter box, which is limiting intake on this hungry air pump of a mill :)

Cheers
IceBlue let me know more please(scheme and parts), this will be the same for my v65 florida I guess, the filter housing is very much the same as my v75.

Cheers

Look over the last couple of posts of this string ;)

wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=56024.120

Cheers

IceBlue have you got any photos of the final product, a visual image will help a lot.

Cheers

Hi there to all
Can not seem to read engine number no my Florida(barn). What should be the first letters(P?)? Letters should be followed by 6 numbers right? Is the frame number the same as the engine number?

Cheers guys

Hi Phillip.
I don't know if you still have this V75, I got one myself a while ago as a project similar to yours. the bike was working fine, and i made a complete dismantling, to rebuild it . I would like to know if you still got yours, and how it works, I am looking forward to ride mine again, it should be soon. best regards. Hervé, ( from France )

IMG 2432

Herve
Jouw motor is een 2 valver, geen 4 valver.
Ik vond deze draad toevallig omdat ik zelf aan een project bezig ben met als basis een v75 4 valve .
Het wordt een ,, dualroad ,, naar eigen smaak , een v85tt , maar dan eentje na een weightwatch keur.
150 kg zonder benzine
Ophanging voor 20cm
Ophanging achter 20cmM ,aluminiumonoshock .

Als er belangstelling is plaatsuk fotos

Back