• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Red Service Light on.

sir fred

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Was doing a nice spirited ride yesterday and I braked hard to not miss a turn. I felt the rear ABS kick in momentarily. Shortly down the road, the red Service light came on! I pulled over and turned the bike off. I restarted but the light remained on. The bike runs fine other than I notice that it is idling 300-400 rpm faster than normal.
After some research, I'm suspecting it's the Clutch switch but..? I read the manual and it is an on or off switch.
I'm thinking of taking it out and using some contact cleaner on it but..?
Is it easy to remove?

I called the dealer to bring it in but will be away til the end of the month, so it won't happen til then.
The bike is still under warranty.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Was doing a nice spirited ride yesterday and I braked hard to not miss a turn. I felt the rear ABS kick in momentarily. Shortly down the road, the red Service light came on! I pulled over and turned the bike off. I restarted but the light remained on. The bike runs fine other than I notice that it is idling 300-400 rpm faster than normal.
After some research, I'm suspecting it's the Clutch switch but..? I read the manual and it is an on or off switch.
Is it easy to remove?

I called the dealer to bring it in but will be away til the end of the month, so it won't happen til then.

Sir Fred, I had a similar experience last year. Mine would only idle down in neutral and the cruise didn't work. Ended up being the clutch switch and the dealer told me it was fairly common on the European bikes because they all use micro switches. You can disconnect the wire harness and check continuity without removing it from the bike. I recall it being a 3 wire switch. The connector is in the mess of wire harnesses on the right side of the head tube. I had the dealer order mine and kept on riding until it came in. Good luck!

I'm suspecting it's the Clutch switch but..? I read the manual and it is an on or off switch.
Is it easy to remove?

I broke my clutch switch messing around with changing handlebars. The symptoms resulting were high idle when the clutch was pulled in (switch disengaged). I could shift into neutral and the idle would return to normal.

After I replaced the clutch switch, no more problems. My guess is that the on/off clutch switch has got to be sending a signal to the computer that causes the high idle.

If you can get it replaced under warranty, do. That stupid micro-switch sells for $80.00 (+).

Thanks guys!..When I start the bike in neutral , it behaves normally. I will play around with it tomorrow while having it in gear.
Wasn't sure if I should ride it but the owners manual kind of refers this to be like a "check engine" light on cars today.
The bike performed normally (bellissimo) when I rode it straight home.

I've changed that microswitch too. The original one Is very expensive, but you can buy the same for 10 euro in electronic shop.

Burgess V4LST7UL

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_194225.jpg
    IMG_20210922_194225.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
Back