• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Removing speedo

Peter Baldwin

Just got it firing!
Hi
I have an ‘85 Imola 2 with the large rubber instrument binnacle.
I am trying to get the speedo out and have got eveything disconnected and unscrewed
I still cannot see how it comes out, or which way ( looks too tight to come out from the front?)
I believe this type of binnacle was fitted to other models too, so am hoping someone has done this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Peter

Yes, I've had them apart. Gauges come out the back of the front rubber. Rubber halves lock together with a groove on a lip IF I remember correctly. Take all nuts and the trip knob off.
Might try spraying some silicone spray in the 1/2 seam. Warming up the rubber helps make it pliable.

Yes, I've had them apart. Gauges come out the back of the front rubber. Rubber halves lock together with a groove on a lip IF I remember correctly. Take all nuts and the trip knob off.
Might try spraying some silicone spray in the 1/2 seam. Warming up the rubber helps make it pliable.
Hi Steve,
Thanks, this appears to be a single moulded front rubber block, the speedo sits on the right hand side with a large white tacho at the
Top and a battery gauge at the left hand side plus the warning lights.
The rear had a plastic cover which pulls out after releasing two screws, then a metal bracket which holds all three gauges in.
I have removed all these plus all the wiring and warning lights so am just left with the three gauges in.
Are you saying that there is a lip in the rubber at the front that holds them in?
Thanks
Peter

What Steve said. Also the trip meter thread is reverse of normal. Be careful as the threaded piece it goes on is very fragile.

OK, like I thought slight lip groove. I could not move my gauges, I had already gutted mine all but the 3 gauges in the rubber. There is a wall that runs around the outside of gauges in the back. If you soften up the rubber w/some heat it should be a little more pliable to pull wall lip back and wiggle the things out on an angle. About the same as my Cali2 or my old SP1.

OK, like I thought slight lip groove. I could not move my gauges, I had already gutted mine all but the 3 gauges in the rubber. There is a wall that runs around the outside of gauges in the back. If you soften up the rubber w/some heat it should be a little more pliable to pull wall lip back and wiggle the things out on an angle. About the same as my Cali2 or my old SP1.

Appreciate you taking the time to check this out Steve, thanks, might have a go today but it’s only 2 degrees c here so might
Leave it a few days to warm up a little and use some extra heat as well.

Back