• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Replacement Aux Lights for the NTX

mrcanns

Cruisin' Guzzisti
replacement NTX aux lamps

Has anyone got a recomendations for replacements for the aux lamps on my NTX looking for something that's not going to fall apart and give good output not really been impressed with led lamps they seem to look bright enough but don't seem to put out that much light or perhaps someone has a different experience?

Re: replacement NTX aux lamps

Twisted throttle Denali LED's - got 'em hooked up so they use the factory grip switch

OEM lasted under 1.5k miles - these ones already have over 6k miles without issues

Way more compact and lighter (probably better considering the vibs from the bars) - and great light

I've been running a pair of LEDs from a guy on AdvRider site for a year and a half. Very inexpensive and work great. Quality of construction seems good. I would suggest using the heavy duty mount. The light output is very bright, but he also has dimmers that can be tied to a switch or relay for high beams. These are far less money than others with equal or greater brightness. I have no relationship with the vendor - just providing advice.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

These would work well: rigidindustries.com/product-p/90221.htm

They also make a flood beam.

boxermoose said:
Twisted throttle Denali LED's - got 'em hooked up so they use the factory grip switch

OEM lasted under 1.5k miles - these ones already have over 6k miles without issues

Way more compact and lighter (probably better considering the vibs from the bars) - and great light

Ditto.....

Just in the process of ordering a set of Denali 2's as my stock ones have made their way to the garbage bin after several unsuccessfull attempts of trying to breath some reliability into them. I had the original Denali's on my last bike and never had a problem with lighting up the roads. The new Denali's are 70% brighter so can't go wrong with that. Most important thing to me is that they are vibration/shock proof. They survived by KLR 650 thumper on the crashbars which have a hell of a lot more vibration than the stelvio so have no doubt they will last. Dumped it a few times on the lights and then had one come loose (my mistake) and dragged 10 miles skipping along the interstate at 75 MPH. Put it back on and fired right up. Try that with an incandecent bulb. I dropped one of the Hella's about 12" and destroyed the bulb. Proof enough for me..... :woohoo:

I prefer the $20 halogens from the auto parts stores. Most (not all) LED systems have too wide of a beam or just simply are too stupid expensive. I also have a dislike of them with their annoying point source light when coming at me. I want lights that I can use for visibility during the day, without everyone hating me.

thanks for all the ideas, I've looked at a couple of LED lamps but a pair of PIAA Cross Country HID are looking favorite, massive light output and massive price, has anyone else tried these?

mrcanns said:
thanks for all the ideas, I've looked at a couple of LED lamps but a pair of PIAA Cross Country HID are looking favorite, massive light output and massive price, has anyone else tried these?

Keep in mind that HIDs do not like to be switched on and off. It may shorten their life, they may not start properly on hot starts, etc. HID driving lights are probably awesome for true off road where you would get a huge amount of light. But on the street where you may need to cycle them off and on, they may be a poor choice.

I've often thought about a cheap pair of driving lights with an HID upgrade kit installed. I could do that for around $100. But then there is the on/off cycle issue, and the blinding light issue when used for visibility during the day.

mrcanns said:
[/quote]

I do not recommend going with the Cross Country's. Two reasons, they do not easily turn off and on, they have a warm up cycle and they fail. I had to replace twice, third time I they sent back, at my request, a pair of LED lights, though they are a little bit dimmer they are much more vibration resistant and turn off and on instantly!

mrcanns said:

I have Piaa 1100X auxiliary lights and they are excellent.

Bruce

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    875.7 KB · Views: 2,067

ok so no cross country's then and hid in general seem to have issues, anyone know of a seller in the uk for denali? their dimable d2 looks interesting. another throught on the pre 2011 bike the lights are higher up on a seperate mount and are perhaps less prone to the vibs? will it fit on to the later bike?

I saw these on ebay and I was thinking of changing my O/E lamps for them -

ebay.co.uk/itm/180895236408? ... 1423.l2649

They are 'E' approved so fully road legal and look as bright as particularly bright thing !

Bisonheed said:
I saw these on ebay and I was thinking of changing my O/E lamps for them -

They are 'E' approved so fully road legal and look as bright as particularly bright thing !
1 watt elements. Those aren't going to light the road ahead, just make you more visible.

looks like I will be going for either the ridged industries daully or the slightly bigger d2 units frombikevis.com here in the uk

mrcanns said:
looks like I will be going for either the ridged industries daully or the slightly bigger d2 units from.bikevis.com here in the uk

They look very bright but no mention of 'E' approval; will they be road legal ?

Hi
For what its worth, I put a couple of these (VisionX Solstice 2") on my Aprilia Pegaso Trail, in Australia.
They are good and rugged, and brilliant (?).

visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice_ ... df47841043

I was riding evenings/night on my commute there, outside suburbia, up through bushland (no street lighting etc).

These lights were excellent. They light up the road much better than the default high-beam. I was very impressed, and if my Stelvio didnt already have the aux lights i woudl have put more LEd lights on it (maybe stil will).
I had one narrow, one medium beam.

The Solstice are low power, and i just wired them in with the high beam - didn't ever add new fuse etc. They come on and off with the high beam. Didn't really feel I needed them as DRL.

cheers,
--geoff

sanddweller said:
Hi
For what its worth, I put a couple of these (VisionX Solstice 2") on my Aprilia Pegaso Trail, in Australia.
They are good and rugged, and brilliant (?).

visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice

I was riding evenings/night on my commute there, outside suburbia, up through bushland (no street lighting etc).

These lights were excellent. They light up the road much better than the default high-beam. I was very impressed, and if my Stelvio didnt already have the aux lights i woudl have put more LEd lights on it (maybe stil will).
I had one narrow, one medium beam.

The Solstice are low power, and i just wired them in with the high beam - didn't ever add new fuse etc. They come on and off with the high beam. Didn't really feel I needed them as DRL.

cheers,
--geoff

Interesting...those look exactly like the original Denali lights. Either a great knock off, or renamed for different countries. The same right down to the connecting plug.

Just put a set of them on my Stelvio. Just could not get the reliability I wanted out of the stock ones. Went with the original Denali's like I had on my last bike. Did not see the justification to spend more money on the revised one. Still bright as hell and more than enough when paired with the stock headlights on the Stelvio.

canuck1969 said:
Interesting...those look exactly like the original Denali lights. Either a great knock off, or renamed for different countries. The same right down to the connecting plug.... Just put a set of them on my Stelvio. Just could not get the reliability I wanted out of the stock ones.

iirc, when I put the VisionX on the Denalis weren't available. I think they are rebadged versions of the VisionX... Either way, good lights IMHO. Got a photo of how they look on the Stelvio?
cheers,

Well, I've bought a set of the previously mentioned LED's from ebay. I'll fit them during the Christmas holidays and report back with the results.

Back