RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Replacement Aux Lights for the NTX

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by mrcanns, Oct 18, 2012.

1. mrcanns

mrcanns Cruisin' Guzzisti

replacement NTX aux lamps

Has anyone got a recomendations for replacements for the aux lamps on my NTX looking for something that's not going to fall apart and give good output not really been impressed with led lamps they seem to look bright enough but don't seem to put out that much light or perhaps someone has a different experience?

2. boxermoose

boxermoose Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: replacement NTX aux lamps

Twisted throttle Denali LED's - got 'em hooked up so they use the factory grip switch

OEM lasted under 1.5k miles - these ones already have over 6k miles without issues

Way more compact and lighter (probably better considering the vibs from the bars) - and great light

3. Trophy900

Trophy900 Tuned and Synch'ed

I've been running a pair of LEDs from a guy on AdvRider site for a year and a half. Very inexpensive and work great. Quality of construction seems good. I would suggest using the heavy duty mount. The light output is very bright, but he also has dimmers that can be tied to a switch or relay for high beams. These are far less money than others with equal or greater brightness. I have no relationship with the vendor - just providing advice.

His site is here: http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstria ... eFront.bok
    Advrider thread is here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607184

Ride Safe,
    Jeff

4. drcoopster

drcoopster Just got it firing!

5. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

Ditto.....

Just in the process of ordering a set of Denali 2's as my stock ones have made their way to the garbage bin after several unsuccessfull attempts of trying to breath some reliability into them. I had the original Denali's on my last bike and never had a problem with lighting up the roads. The new Denali's are 70% brighter so can't go wrong with that. Most important thing to me is that they are vibration/shock proof. They survived by KLR 650 thumper on the crashbars which have a hell of a lot more vibration than the stelvio so have no doubt they will last. Dumped it a few times on the lights and then had one come loose (my mistake) and dragged 10 miles skipping along the interstate at 75 MPH. Put it back on and fired right up. Try that with an incandecent bulb. I dropped one of the Hella's about 12" and destroyed the bulb. Proof enough for me..... :woohoo:

6. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

I prefer the $20 halogens from the auto parts stores. Most (not all) LED systems have too wide of a beam or just simply are too stupid expensive. I also have a dislike of them with their annoying point source light when coming at me. I want lights that I can use for visibility during the day, without everyone hating me.

7. mrcanns

thanks for all the ideas, I've looked at a couple of LED lamps but a pair of PIAA Cross Country HID are looking favorite, massive light output and massive price, has anyone else tried these?

8. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

Keep in mind that HIDs do not like to be switched on and off. It may shorten their life, they may not start properly on hot starts, etc. HID driving lights are probably awesome for true off road where you would get a huge amount of light. But on the street where you may need to cycle them off and on, they may be a poor choice.

I've often thought about a cheap pair of driving lights with an HID upgrade kit installed. I could do that for around $100. But then there is the on/off cycle issue, and the blinding light issue when used for visibility during the day.

9. pnguzzi

pnguzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

[/quote]

I do not recommend going with the Cross Country's. Two reasons, they do not easily turn off and on, they have a warm up cycle and they fail. I had to replace twice, third time I they sent back, at my request, a pair of LED lights, though they are a little bit dimmer they are much more vibration resistant and turn off and on instantly!

10. BravoBravo

BravoBravo Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have Piaa 1100X auxiliary lights and they are excellent.

Bruce

Attached Files:

11. mrcanns

ok so no cross country's then and hid in general seem to have issues, anyone know of a seller in the uk for denali? their dimable d2 looks interesting. another throught on the pre 2011 bike the lights are higher up on a seperate mount and are perhaps less prone to the vibs? will it fit on to the later bike?

12. Bisonheed

Bisonheed Cruisin' Guzzisti

13. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

1 watt elements. Those aren't going to light the road ahead, just make you more visible.

14. mrcanns

looks like I will be going for either the ridged industries daully or the slightly bigger d2 units from www.bikevis.com here in the uk

15. Bisonheed

They look very bright but no mention of 'E' approval; will they be road legal ?

16. sanddweller

sanddweller Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi
    For what its worth, I put a couple of these (VisionX Solstice 2") on my Aprilia Pegaso Trail, in Australia.
    They are good and rugged, and brilliant (?).

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solstice_ ... df47841043

I was riding evenings/night on my commute there, outside suburbia, up through bushland (no street lighting etc).

These lights were excellent. They light up the road much better than the default high-beam. I was very impressed, and if my Stelvio didnt already have the aux lights i woudl have put more LEd lights on it (maybe stil will).
    I had one narrow, one medium beam.

The Solstice are low power, and i just wired them in with the high beam - didn't ever add new fuse etc. They come on and off with the high beam. Didn't really feel I needed them as DRL.

cheers,
    --geoff

17. canuck1969

Interesting...those look exactly like the original Denali lights. Either a great knock off, or renamed for different countries. The same right down to the connecting plug.

Just put a set of them on my Stelvio. Just could not get the reliability I wanted out of the stock ones. Went with the original Denali's like I had on my last bike. Did not see the justification to spend more money on the revised one. Still bright as hell and more than enough when paired with the stock headlights on the Stelvio.

18. sanddweller

sanddweller Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

iirc, when I put the VisionX on the Denalis weren't available. I think they are rebadged versions of the VisionX... Either way, good lights IMHO. Got a photo of how they look on the Stelvio?
    cheers,

19. canuck1969

No photo yet. Traveling this week but will try to post something this weekend.

20. Bisonheed

Well, I've bought a set of the previously mentioned LED's from ebay. I'll fit them during the Christmas holidays and report back with the results.