Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Riding Position 1000 Lemans vs Sport 1100 vs 1200 Sport

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by JAS, Oct 24, 2013.

1. JAS

JAS Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi:

I am interested in getting a tonti framed Guzzi and was originally looking at a 1000sp (and still am) however there are not many around, and although a 1000 Leman's looks are not to my tastes (as opposed to the 850 versions), the price point is a lot more affordable. There are a few on the market at the moment (in Australia) and thought I might have a look.

Before I looked I wanted to ask what the riding position is like. I am assuming it would be between my two current bikes (Sport 1100 & 1200 Sport)? I find the Sport 1100 pretty uncomfortable (I'm 6'3 tall) with the main issue being the low clipons. The 1200 Sport is pretty well spot on in terms of bar position, though the leg room is a bit restricted.

Thanks for any advice,

Jason

2. HoldenGC

HoldenGC Just got it firing!

I too am 6'3"and own a 1200 sport. I find the riding position comfortable although as you say the leg room is a little cramped especially as I came from a KTM Superduke which has a much higher seat height. I have owned this bike for approx 4 months now and have found that It is fine on long trips with no cramping. (I am also now past the 50 age bracket). I have seen after market footpegs on e-bay with a 1" drop but I think you might spend a lot of time grinding these out on the corners.
    Garry

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The 1000 LeMans is closer to the 1100 Sport position than the 1200 Sport. I'm shorter (5'11") but I found the 1100 Breva and 1200 sport tight on the leg position so I raised my seat on the Breva. I don't need to do that with my LeMans. For me the reach is good on the LeMans, it isn't as much of a forward lean as you might think. I recommend trying one to see for yourself.