• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Right Side Spark-less

Cheers Dangerous, that guy was a huge help, but not his fault..... :eek:) one can but smile... this is the reply

Jeez Quentin thats awful. Never seen that sort of damage before.
Unfortunately I can't help you as I don't have a replacement for the latest ECU.

Those ECUs are plentiful on ebay so you should be able to pick one up cheapish and hopefully get it remapped for the Griso.
Search for Ducati ECU.

Good luck
Cliff

Now with the statement
Search for Ducati ECU.
Does that mean that they are one and the same (appreance etc) apart from mapping?

I will go a searching right away.

Anyone with an Axone and Guzzi software could remap it.

By the way, all the Ducati ECUs I could find on Ebay were definitely not the correct one, though the latest Ducatis may well have the 5AM.

It might be worth sending an email to Pete at reboot as he posts world wide, and does break late bikes. But it would always be cheaper to get one your side of the world.

Brian UK wrote:
Anyone with an Axone and Guzzi software could remap it..

Actually you need an Axone to install maps, a little proprietary voodoo. The VDSTS will not update maps, strictly for diagnostics, adjustments, and TPS reset. I wish it could update, but alas....

Maybe I should have said Axone AND Guzzi software.
The Axone is a universal unit which can have other manufacturers ECU software installed, not just Guzzi.

Yes it's a shame it can't be done with VDSTS.

Brian UK wrote:
It might be worth sending an email to Pete at reboot as he posts world wide, and does break late bikes. But it would always be cheaper to get one your side of the world.

Pete at reboot does have one, but he will sell with engine only, unless somone buys engine without ecu.

I see that the 5AM ecu is used on a varitity of bikes, as per file attached.

The news.... Bugger.....

The ecu aint going to be going again soon, no warrenty coverage to replace, and not able to repair, the one place in Chch did what they could, in colaboration with the Chch dealer mechanic.
Still the price appears to be around 3k for an ECU, and a new loom will be required due to the plug damage. Awaiting on a true price for both units.

Rung a couple of places that could posibly help in sourceing second hand... no luck as of yet.

Dealer not sure about the implications of second hand, given the demobiliser and keys, anybody have any experiece of swaping ecu's and how they got on with that? I cant seem to find anything about the Immobiliser and if it is posible to enter the original bike keys into a replacement ecu????? Anyone have any feed back on this one??

Not sure how I feel about the whole thing, kinda happy to have some direction, instead of the wonder, "is it repairable", or "is it stuffed" we now go with stuffed.
It does make one feel weary of the guzzi product, though does not stop me from loving it.

Hindsight says I should have bought the 8V months ago, and this would not have happened.
once repaired I envisage hanging onto the bike for a while longer unless the Tenni comes out at a nice price, or another model inspires me.

It is interesting that an ecu for a guzzi could be around 3k, yet similer ecu's for the likes of ducati are only hundred's. I guess this comes down to the volume of units out in the feild.

It is nice having something a little less common... but no doubt you can pay for it.

Damn though, I sure cant wait to swing my leg over the seat and get on a ride... when that happens I will be shouting WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.

Any info on the imobilser much appreciated!!!

I had the ECU swapped on my Griso and all I had to do was teach it the new keys.
Cake.

Back