• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rizoma indicators, installed.

IppoJ

Tuned and Synch'ed
I quickly tired of the false "bulb out" on my rear, left indicator so I ordered a set of Rizoma Action signals from PJ's Parts.
Best price I could find and stupid-fast shipping.

Installation was very, very easy but the previous owner had installed the tail-tidy; that helped.
Total install time of the two rear signals was one beer/15 minutes. I have not started the fronts yet.

I did not use any of the included resistors and flash speed is normal.
I also made pig-tail adapters using the OE connectors I cut off of the old indicators and soldered on bullet terminals.

I spent way too much time trying to decide between the Rizoma Action, Zero 11 and Drop styles before deciding on silver Actions.
In hind site I wish I would've went with black Zero 11s in back and black Actions for the front but they look damn good either way so I'm happy.

I'll update after i install the fronts.

Cage Free said:
Looks good, much less bulky than the stockers..
and MUCH brighter. Honestly easy to justify for that alone.

Got the fronts installed this w/end and again didn't need to use any of the resistors.
Just as easy but took much more time simply because I had to figure out a way to install them in the stock location.
I almost drilled out the unused threaded holes just below the stock location and mounted them there but I didn't like the idea of then having those large, ugly, now-unused, ears left sitting there.

I'll post up pix when I can.

Birch said:
Would love to see pics cause I'm contemplating the same mod!
Post #3 has an attachment for rear pix. I can email you pix of the front. I haven't had a chance to post them up.

I also just finished adding a set of rear Rizoma Zero 11's. Two weeks ago In the middle of screwing on one of Todd's tail tidies, I was getting ready to add the old taillights onto the new piece and sort of thought now would be a good time to add some more bling. I ordered a set of silver 11's off Amazon/Motovation -total $98. I used IppoJ's justification of them being much brighter that stock so it's not really bling- It's for the increased safety factor! (that for the wife) ;)

Each Rizoma comes with 2 resistors, checking around I saw where one guy used 2 resisters each and IppoJ didn't use any. The specs say the Griso rear signals put out 9v and Rizoma suggests 1 resister for that setup so I ended up doing 1 on each side and it seems to work fine. Obviously the Griso isn't picky.

I found out the previous owner had done some rewiring of the back end of the bike and I was faced with two solid black wires going to each of the signals. I didn't bother going into the rear tail section to dig deeper but figured I had a 50% chance of success so I temporally spliced them all up. I started the bike -tried the signals and the rears didn't work at all, so I switched each pair around, started the bike back up and they worked this time but I had the sides mixed up. Quick change side to side, did an amateur bit of soldering (note: hairy legs do not protect bare skin from molten solder) than some black tape to finish off.

Extra wire was stuffed back up into the tail, did a little more black tape to anchor it to the top of the fender and ready to roll. With Todd's fender eliminator you have to add a plate light, since I had already spent way too many bucks on things that wouldn't make me faster, I went the cheap route and spent $14 on two LED PEP Boy bolt lights. I spliced those into the stock plate light wiring and everything works great with normal flash rates and no "bulb out" light on the dash. I have some clean up yet to hide the wiring up against the roof of the fender but, all in all it's pretty spiffy me thinks Especially Todd's fender eliminator. Let's see if I can add some photos now...

Attachments

• RearBike.jpg
    RearBike.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 713
  • RearBikeCloserear.jpg
    RearBikeCloserear.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 719
  • RearBikeClose.jpg
    RearBikeClose.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 716
I know it's an old thread, but I'm finally ordering up mine today!

If anyone else has any additional info and pictures for installation, that would be great!

Thanks!

I do know that Joe at http://cycleterminal.com/ can get the OE type connectors if you do not want to cut anything. He was very helpful in identifying the correct ones for my 8V Griso. They are not expensive at all and he responded and sent them to me very quickly.

I installed Rizoma Drop signals on the front. I did not need the resistors that were provided with them. So I clipped the female bullet connector off of the resistor and used it to make an adaptor with the new connector. That way, I can put the original signals back on if I sell the bike later on.

Back