RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Road version of Moto Guzzi V85 in development

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Wouldn't want to fall off the Indian without a crane handy!

GVWR 948 lb (430 kg)

2. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti

First of all, apologies for veering this thread off topic, but it's with good reason...

I think your wishes have been answered, Michael!

I had the opportunity to examine and sit on the GTM-01 this weekend (but unfortunately not the chance to ride it)... and damn!
    This bike is phenomenal!

It's long and low, and it looks mean (but at the same time, as you take in the details, you start to immediately get the impression that it is actually 'clean shaven and sophisticated'). You're expecting a BEAST... a total BRUTE, and then you throw your leg over it, ready to muscle it - and it's a complete double take.

The Griso is a HEAVY bike. You get it rolling, and it's heaven.

You throw your leg over the GTM-01 and prepare yourself to lift it off the side stand, and then you have to set it back down on the side stand to do it again, because while you were 'preparing' to stand it up, you've already balanced it upright between your legs.
    You have to set back on the side stand to do it again because you just can't believe how light this bike is.
    I mean... you see it! It's right there in front of you. It roars and growls at you as you tease the throttle.
    You see a full (California sized) 1400 engine and transmission (with some serious upgrades to the components), but you don't quite understand why you're not feeling the bulk of this beast below you.

Todd claims this bike weight 395 lbs, but I honestly think this bike is lighter than my V7R, which is itself very much on the lighter side.

And here's the good news (Not that GTM-01 itself is not. In fact, it so much is that I am no longer wishing for a V85 Road Bike when this is available instead!)... The good news is that GTM has plans to offer an entry level GTM that is, for all intents and purposes, the next-gen Griso that everyone has been asking for: a Griso that is lighter, way more svelte, definitively more powerful, with better styling throughout and thoroughly updated (thoroughly!). This is, in fact, what anyone who has loved the big block Guzzi engine and was dreaming of a modern update has been dreaming of...!

OK. I veered way off topic, but it's worth sharing the news. This is the next-gen Griso (i.e. the soon-to-be-announced(??) entry-level GTM bike). But, if you have the bank and inclination to buy all of your upgrades "from the factory", rather than do them piecemeal later, it would be very much worth your time to check out GTM-01. It's on another whole level.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    GT-Rx® and Mayakovski like this.
  3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

If it's entry level pricing (or relatively close) as well, then sign me up.

4. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Indian had their demo truck at the local dealership a few weeks ago and they brought a FTR along for display.
    I was hoping to like it but was disappointed in the styling. Looks like each element was designed by a different design team, not at all a coherent design in my eyes. Oh, and they left off the rear fender...… :oops:

Guzzi can do better, remember they're Italian and understand what pleases the eye. Though that was not the case with the MGX..... I'm hoping they had only a temporary lapse of good judgement. :cool:

Paul

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  5. Mal W

Mal W Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Yep. Something style like the early Lemans, lean and low. Where is the deTomaso design team when you need them? Moto-Guzzi-Le-Mans-2-1000x667.jpg

Bill16STN, Conanidol and Poppe like this.
  6. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    ^^^^^^^

Yes, nice, but not my shot of grappa.

All of this bench racing about style is more proof of why some prefer redheads, and others blondes and brunettes. Then again, as I am infatuated with my hotdog & mustard EV, my opinion about models' looks may be deemed strange. :giggle:

Bill

P.S. At my age, I can't sit around and wait for the "perfect" road bike, so I just decided to buy my brother's V7 III Special. He does not like it at all; I, very much.

NorthernProducer likes this.
  7. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

Good move. Mine all set with 3 bags is my new EV. But I still love my old one and will never sell it.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  8. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    ^^^^^

Ditto re EV!

Besides, at least one grandkid has designs on it. :)

[​IMG]

Disinclined -- for various reasons -- to do a top case on the V7, but presume that is the third you mention. H-B? Pix?

Bill

GT-Rx® likes this.
  9. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That's gross vehicle mass. That means max take weight.

10. harris

harris Just got it firing!

11. harris

harris Just got it firing!

When they build this, I'm buying one, I don't care how much it costs.

Poppe likes this.
  12. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Just got it firing!

I love the look of this version, would def be a consideration as a new bike! :)

Poppe likes this.
  13. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

A LeMans 850 Type 1 clone like this would be my dream bike!!!! :inlove:

14. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

That's attractive, yes. I'd buy one of them. But I am pretty happy with Racer just as it is, still and likely for the foreseeable future.

Poppe likes this.
  15. lucydad

lucydad Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Interesting discussion, and I do hope the guys in Mandello keep expanding the V85 engine applications. Given that, dang I just love my V7III Special. For those days I feel like a thrill, I fire up my "Italian Terror": 2018 MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR. The two bikes are very complementary. I checked out the new V85 at the Austin MotoGP a few weeks ago: impressive to be sure. I wonder how it rides.

roadscum likes this.
  16. Yodastien

Yodastien Tuned and Synch'ed

Ive been Eyeballing the Brutalles I am debating picking up a used one

lucydad likes this.
  17. lucydad

lucydad Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

If you get serious, take a look at the MVAgusta.net forum first. MV makes amazing machines... so does Guzzi.

18. Juan1

Juan1 Just got it firing!

I actually think the SV650 has quite a bit of character, especially if you like a revver. The Bandit or most modern Hondas on the other hand...

19. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

I took my bike driving license on an SV650..

20. Eldo1400

Eldo1400 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yes to the Lemans, but maybe a little less rake on the front.