Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Rode two new Triumphs

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by heyzeus, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Is that really a non-unit engine/tx, or just made to look like it? Must admit, it does look nice.

2. farmboy460

farmboy460 Tuned and Synch'ed

I was looking at another Guzzi the other day and the fellow that was selling the bike told me the proper number of motorcycles a person should have. That number is one more than you currently own!

3. JACoH

JACoH Cruisin' Guzzisti

That green would look good on the V7 Specials, like the stripe on the black ones. The new Triumphs are very good looking bikes, I still have a soft spot for them, had a 1968 TR6R and a 1969 Trident in the good ole days.

4. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed

As it turned out, I bought a 2018 Thruxton instead of a Bonneville T120. 1600 miles on it in the first month, love the thing, definitely one of the most fun motorcycles I've ever owned. Very pleased with it. Great handling, plenty of power, and killer good looks.
    IMG_20180814_064416795.jpg

And it compliments the V7III and R1200R very nicely...
    IMG_20180816_072339725.jpg

Mr Pootle and Mayakovski like this.
  5. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

That is one sweet three way.

SMTCapeCod and John Backlund like this.
  6. SMTCapeCod

SMTCapeCod Mechanochondriasism GT di Razza Pura

I keep feeling a little tug to Nine R T. Or however BMW spins that moniker. After I talked myself off the xDiavel ledge.
    But I wish the manufacturers wouldn't insist on stripping off all the tech from the cafe/retro/naked bikes- Mine serve commuter duty, and I have to view ABS and TC as safeguards, not distractions. Do like the Thruxton. Plan on exercising moto-family-planning myself, the maintenance on the stable already outstrips available time...

2019BothBikes.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  7. John Backlund

John Backlund Tuned and Synch'ed

No longer quite the same three-way, I traded in my 2017 V7III Special three weeks ago for a 2017 Honda CB1100EX.

The wife's R1200R was traded in on a new, 2018 Honda Goldwing, and my 2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 was sacrificed for a nearly new 2015 Sportster XL1200C.

I still have the 1200 Thruxton, however.

Our 'fleet deck' has been well shuffled in the past several months.

Mayakovski likes this.
  8. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Tuned and Synch'ed

Pick the bike that makes you smile

Mayakovski likes this.
  9. Dayve

Dayve Moto Enguzziast

I could not own a bike that has a range of 80 miles, I would feel like I was going from gas station to gas station......the Bobber looks good, some are discounted a lot, and I fit on the bike nicely, but, the tank is way too small.

Moto Enguzziast

10. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Tuned and Synch'ed

Well since the bank 'owns' mine, does that mean I have to give it back? :p