• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rolos solutions in Los Angeles is shady.

Spaceclam

Cruisin' Guzzisti
OK, just to back up, I hit a missing chunk of asphault in a right hand turn at about 65-70mph and damaged both my front and rear rims. After doing some research, i decided that repairing was the best option, and I took it to Rolos solutions in Los Angeles. I stripped the wheels of everything but the bearings because I did not have a press that would remove them, and didn't want to try by hand. I left the valve bodies on, my mistake.

I will omit the mutitudes of frustrating details for the sake of brevity.

They said they did all kinds of motorcycles, bmw, ducati, etc. Bikes with single sided swingarms. they quoted me $480 and 4-5 days including powdercoat.

3 days later I received a call from them claiming they could not mount the wheel. I told them to keep trying, and if not, I'd make them a bracket. 2 days after that, they eventually got it, they said. at the two week mark, they called me and said my wheels were ready. I was gone for the weekend, so i said I would pick them up tuesday. Tuesday comes around, I drive 45 minutes to the shop and they are closed. I get a hold of the boss who appologises and says to come back tomorrow. (wednesday)

I come back wednesday and it takes nearly an hour for them to find my wheels and stuff. the wheels are bare so they had to go searching for all the parts which. they eventually found my valve bodies, but couldn't find my bearings. Turns out they are still at the powdercoaters in orange county for some reason.

I tell them I am not paying until i get all my stuff back, and they are to deliver it to me the following day with the bearings. They agreed and said no later than noon.

Noon the following day comes around, and they say a little later. 6pm rolls around and they apologize and say tomorrow (after wasting my day).

The following day, (yesterday) they say they will have it in the morning around 10AM. 10am comes around, nothing. I call, they say 12pm. eventually, the guy rolls up at 1:30. I told them I am not giving them $480, but they can take $450 and be happy with it.

The following day, Todd mounts my wheels and I examine the rims. They aren't straight. They are actually not quite even round: both front and rear are out of round by about 1/16" and wobble axially about 1/8". That's what these guys call straight.

These guys are frustrating to deal with, slow, incompetent and overall lousy. The only redeeming quality is they are eager to please. My rim did come back "repaired" but that's about all I can say.

Stay away from these guys.

-Clam

Back