• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Roperville AH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Lifted from another Forum, and I have to put an end to this after a decade plus abuse from Pete Roper, thanks for the Christmas gift.
On 12/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, pete roper said:
Todd is a complete charlatan but even a blind squirrel finds a nut
Rox LeMans said:
No, He's not. You should probably stop talking trash. The Guzzi world is small.. I found out all about you. And YOU, my friend are in no position to be calling ANYONE a charlaton.
Just because you have some personal beef with someone doesn't give you the right to talk garbage. Keep your Guzzi drama crap to yourself for the last dang time.
Besides. You call Todd a charlaton and basically a know nothing. He's built multiple bikes from scratch. You made a slush plate. Tread lightly.
Pete Roper said:
Oh dear. You're welcome to your opinion. I just don't like seeing people ripped off. Todd is NOT a mechanic and his grasp of even the products he sells is at best tenuous. I have seen, (And fixed!) multiple examples of his handiwork but whatever floats your boat.
Thanks @Rox

FFS. I'd like to know one other Guzzisti that has been shat on (for well over a decade now) other than me, by you Roper.

Simple facts... you (Roper) still obviously know nothing about me or my history with motorcycles, and are just too damn dumb to find out.

A recap on my Moto History HERE

You Roper, showed *YOUR* wrenching skills when in my home last. They were horrific, laughable and disgusting, as I personally witnessed and cleaned up after. You judged me purely based on a snapshot in time where I was in transition after meeting my (now) wife, and reassembling my life with her in a new home, after transitioning out of my Architecture practice.
For my “products” — You were too ignorant to install them (as shown HERE), though quite a simple process, then shouted all over the net of how terrible they were... which I'm pretty sure you didn't install them on purpose. Then you declined having me install it in person to show you how simple it was to install it and how well it worked, instead handing me everything and telling me to give it to someone else. The topper was a test ride of my 1200-8V Stelvio, that made a dyno-proven 109 RWHP, you said you couldn't tell any difference to a bone stock bike... that is after waiting 2-3 minutes at a time on a few mile ride, for you to catch up. That made it all very clear to me.

So stop stomping all over the internet with your childish bullying and working so hard to destroy my business (as shown in the screen grabs below). I work with the utmost integrity, and have a great reputation in the community from those who aren't dicks like you. Despite you and your map buddy Beetle's tantrum-bashing, my business is flourishing after people taking your advice. The smart ones any way.
You originally called everyone who touched their bike an idiot if it wasn’t stock everything, then once freeware gave easy and cheap access, now everyone (like you two clowns) are experts. I have been doing it as a trained professional for 20+ years now, with commercially supported products by multi-million dollar businesses, long before anything was accessible. Just because you are too damn ignorant to use it, while hundreds of thousands of others can and do quite successfully, doesn’t make it worthless or worse. It just means you can’t use it. They are amazing tools.
I will challenge anyone running one of this insect’s maps (speaking of a charlatan with no real website and a name on his work), come by my shop to do a FREE AFR dyno pull. Bring it.

Enough is enough. You said to call you on it, so I am.
I and many others have done more for the Guzzi community that you'll ever be capable of. Go find someone else to bash you drunkard keyboard-warrior, or keep it your local BF Canberra bunghole.

From another L.A. moto business' slogan...

4BD77C8D F1EF 4DC2 B19C EA2997077779

RoperStupidity2 RoperStupidity3 RoperStupidity

I've never met Pete Roper, but I have read many of his posts on various forums and seen many photographs taken in his "shop". It's a wasteland of filth, chaos, and disorganization on a dingy nowhere street in Australia.

This guy has most of the Guzzi forum world buffaloed to death that he is some sort of Guzzi God. Really?

From what I've seen, I wouldn't let the guy work on my lawnmower, let alone a motorcycle.

I'm POSITIVE from the photos I have seen, that he is the type of idiot that tears things apart, throwing parts here and there and everywhere, and if and when he gets it back together, he has leftover nuts and bolts that he considers to be no big deal and never talks about with the owner.

In his posts, he is brash, loud, and trite. He bashes Todd all the time and especially the fueling mods, which I have on my Stelvio and have positively commented on many times here and other places.

Roper's a "POS Extraordinaire" in my book.

I rest my case...

14581492 1236228579750094 769301809584482479 n

13600362 1163380647034888 3401793456835835410 n

11998885 1095478203825133 1981865851586291939 n

Screen Shot 2019 12 23 at 85310 AM

Last edited:
Speak as you find, I say. I have never met Pete Roper but I have met Todd Eagan.
Todd provided me with one of his perfectly set up bikes from RideMalibu when I was on holiday and his fuelling kit and advice on suspension modification for my Cali 1400 has transformed my bike.
I am a ex military, (22years) aircraft propulsion and marine engineer and would like to think I know when someone is talking sh1t.
From my personal experience Todd is someone who stands by his product AND is a gentleman to boot.

Don't worry Todd, he looks old and alcoholic. I don't think he'll be around long to bother you.
Thanks, but the issue is he’s done a ton of damage (figuratively and literally) over the last decade. Almost all of my Griso products fell flat after one member here started his own Griso specific Forum, and the bashing began. I am regularly shat on there by the Roper brigade with no recourse. I could put my attorney on it, but I’ve spent a great deal trying to keep and maintain this website after someone who used to contribute here sued me. He’s part of the Roper posse, and a real tool also. There was one other, but he’s now dead. He too was planning to sue me next, for no other reason than greed, jealousy and ego. I still have the emails, which maybe one day I’ll publish.

Another major disappointment is how many who know me well on those other Forums, sit quietly aside and say little to nothing.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all Guzzisti here.

Glad I don't know this Roper guy; he seems like a real piece of work. However, I do know Todd as he has worked on my bike several times and resolved some issues that Guzzi dealers failed to correct. I can also attest to Todd's professionalism and commitment to the Guzzi community in the service and upgrades that he provides. I know that as long as I have my Guzzi, Todd's shop will have my business.

Having to catch up from an over 2 year absence. I see this section is where all the magic happens. ;-) Btw, Todd. Love the pics...

I’m another "I don't know Roper but I do know Todd" guy. It's pretty safe to say Todd's a solid guy. Nobody really knows Roper except in forums and whatnot. But the truth always eventually comes out.
I just hate drama and smacktalk. And Roper has a lot of it. Not a fun combo.

It just pissed me off when Roper called Todd a charlatan. When I bought my Scura from Todd with a bad clutch and flywheel, he said he'd fix it. I could’ve of been screwed six ways from Sunday. It took a while but he made it right and cut zero corners.
Todd's a solid dude and I’m sure a lot of folk here have a "Solid Todd" story... Roper's just another keyboard warrior. Nuff said.

I have no idea about Roper. His name hasn't appeared on any of the motorcycling lists that I've participated in for many years, I don't know him at all. None of my Australian Guzzi friends seem to have heard of him either.

Todd, your business and your forum has done very well for me for the past two plus years. Good products, good information, good conversation ... I enjoyed working with you on setting up my bike and tuning it properly last year—It runs superbly and handles great. It was a pleasure to meet you and your mechanic when we did the suspension and the wheels/tires at your shop. I've no complaints whatever with you or your business. Many of my other Guzzi friends (people I have known and discussed motorcycles with for over 20 years, by and large) around the world have heard of you and your shop; dunno how many have taken advantage of your services and products, but that's an indicator to me.

Have a happy holiday season, and a healthy and safe New Year!

best,
G

No matter where you go, go there on a Guzzi.

I also have great appreciation for Todd and his expertise. His knowledge and his willingness to help and standing behind his products speaks volumes to Todd’s character. Myself and others have defended Todd’s products and tuning on wildguzzi and I have been appalled at the attacks by Roper and his few minions who he has convinced he is endall authority of all things Guzzi. I for one will be speaking up more when Roper makes his attacks.

I personally know Peter Roper and dispite internet brawling he and Michael are excellent mechanics.
So what if the workshop looks like Hiroshima on a bad day, the bikes roll out of there with happy owners mounted on them.
Chris.

Last edited:
I personally know Peter Roper and dispite internet brawling he and Michael are excellent mechanics.
I personally know him too. Excellent mechanic would be a generous overstatement when you’ve seen and worked alongside of true excellent to master mechanics around the world, like I’ve been fortunate enough to do.
This thread isn’t to debate that. It’s to state my facts after being shat on by him for over a decade. The list of those I’ve helped over the last 20+ years in the Guzzi world would crush his 10 fold, despite his tirade of him calling me a charlatan and beyond.

Todd, not taking sides on this and one thing stands out above all.
If all these attacks were coming from the internet then where the hell are the Moderators?
I moderate a forum myself and this behaviour would have lasted about 0.5 of a second before I bit down hard on it, and believe me I have enough venom to down a small mammal.
The other mention here is that this site seems to be well moderated, and indeed your banner says "no attacks" and here it's sad to see that you needed to defend yourself by indeed attacking.
In cases like this I would ask one of your mods to do the verbals and distance yourself thus taking the high road.
Perhaps I am unique here in knowing your antagonist, and the public ongoing fued.
I find Peter to kind and generous, but he does do vitriol well and this makes me wonder if most of this is done for the stage, to impress when no other means is possible.
I don't know you Todd, but you too seem kind and generous and it seems very out of character for you to bite back like this. Get the staff to do it for you my friend!
Heaven's, what would your grandfather say about all of this bickering - probably send both of you to your rooms.
Chris.

Last edited:
I met Pete back in 2004 in South Dakota at a Guzzi rally. I likeable fellow back then, but since then when it come to Todd he seems to have gone off the deep end. I've tried to be in contact with him, but he has gone radio silent to me. I haven't met Todd personally, but I have done some business with him and he has always been a straight with me.

Chris my facts are stated above, but I'll reply this once...
If all these attacks were coming from the internet then where the hell are the Moderators?
They tend to pile on, also see; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/more-lashing-out-at-me-guzzitech.21075/
The reply I got from the owner of the site on the link above, when I said I was disappointed in him, was "who in f@ck am I?" The thread has thankfully been deleted.

I moderate a forum myself and this behaviour would have lasted about 0.5 of a second before I bit down hard on it, and believe me I have enough venom to down a small mammal.
I'm aggressive when it come to any ignorance.

The other mention here is that this site seems to be well moderated, and indeed your banner says "no attacks" and here it's sad to see that you needed to defend yourself by indeed attacking.
In cases like this I would ask one of your mods to do the verbals and distance yourself thus taking the high road.
Perhaps I am unique here in knowing your antagonist, and the public ongoing fued.
As clearly stated, I endured a decade plus of abuse from the chief clown and his minions. It goes much deeper than I can get into here.

I find Peter to kind and generous, but he does do vitriol well and this makes me wonder if most of this is done for the stage, to impress when no other means is possible.
Likely. "Impress" at my cost, to make himself look better.
I stored a bike for him for nearly a year, when he said a month or two. Normally this wouldn't have been a big deal, however the anger and envy truly began shortly thereafter when he saw what my wife and I were working hard to earn. He's a slob, I'm a professional, who is trying to do business in one of the hardest and expensive markets on the planet to be in.
He still belittles me every chance he gets to whomever will listen on a public forum. He's the one always taking a swing. I would simply like him to STFU and forget my name.

I don't know you Todd, but you too seem kind and generous and it seems very out of character for you to bite back like this. Get the staff to do it for you my friend!
Appreciated, I am, it is, and no one did. Everyone seems too afraid. Per above, he still does a tremendous amount of damage to my work/reputation and offerings here, as he seems to be an alcoholic insomniac that has infiltrated nearly every Guzzi Forum on the face of the planet, and his tirades on all of them are worthy of being taken out at the knees.

Heaven's, what would your grandfather say about all of this bickering - probably send both of you to your rooms.
My grandfather would have done more than that. He would've been on the first flight over to set him straight face to face and put him in his place.

I encourage you to get your bike on a dyno with someone who knows fueling to show you what is going on with your engine.

End.

Chris.

Chris, How much abuse should someone take before they respond. I have seen Ropers abuse and lies about Todd posted on Wildguzzi for many years to the point that he and now his little butt boys try and turn people on the forum against anything produced by guzzitech. And for quite some time this behavior was allowed to continue. Lately that has been squashed by the moderators but there is still his little minions that try to downgrade any of Todd’s products or results of his tuning even when backed up by dyno proof. The same thing has gone on at the griso ghetto.
So I would say that any response that Todd has made is pretty damn mild compared to what he has put up with.

Chris, How much abuse should someone take before they respond. I have seen Ropers abuse and lies about Todd posted on Wildguzzi for many years to the point that he and now his little butt boys try and turn people on the forum against anything produced by guzzitech. And for quite some time this behavior was allowed to continue. Lately that has been squashed by the moderators but there is still his little minions that try to downgrade any of Todd’s products or results of his tuning even when backed up by dyna proof. The same thing has gone on at griso ghetto. So I would say that any response that Todd has made is pretty damn mild compared to what he has put up with.
Thanks a ton Bob.

I encourage you to get your bike on a dyno with someone who knows fueling to show you what is going on with your engine.
End.
Not really possible with Covid lockdown here in Australia but please accept this....
Anyhow, I can see your side mate, hope your back gets better.
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back