• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rough idle at start, Popping on decel in 1st gear, Poor(er) than usual low RPM throttle control

Hello again gang.I have not been on here for awhile now,but I did "FINALLY" find a motorcycle that ran like it's supposed to,and that motorcycle was a 2018 Indian Springfield Dark Horse.I have had it now for alittle over three years and have almost 56,000 trouble free miles on it.And the best part is,it does NOT buck like all the Guzzi's I road tested did.Instead,this machine runs smooth as silk,and rides every bit as good as the Guzzi.However,due to it's size and weight,she's alittle on the tanky side,but nothing one couldn't get used to.So again,I thank all of you for your input when I was looking at the Guzzi,and more importantly,for putting up with me.lol lol So if it's alright, I'll drop in from time to time to say hello and see how everyone's doing.In the meantime,enjoy your Guzzi's,and again,I think you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. Dave!!!

i’m glad you found satisfaction in a Polaris-Victory-Indian machine. Good for you.

Myself, like the majority of others here, love our Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

I for one wouldn’t take 3 “make-believe marque” Polaris-Victory-Indians for any of my 4 Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

To me, and I work on them all the time (so I get to ride them all) they are about as exciting and satisfying as every Harley Davidson and dry white bread toast.

Glad you found your happy bike. Enjoy and safe journeys!

No need to continue to bash Moto Guzzi. We get it, they aren’t for you.

Last edited:
i’m glad you found satisfaction in a Polaris-Victory-Indian machine. Good for you.

Myself, like the majority of others here, love our Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

I for one wouldn’t take 3 “make-believe marque” Polaris-Victory-Indians for any of my 4 Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

To me, and I work on them all the time (so I get to ride them all) they are about as exciting and satisfying as every Harley Davidson and dry white bread toast.

Glad you found your happy bike. Enjoy and safe journeys!

No need to continue to bash Moto Guzzi. We get it, they aren’t for you.

I like this post alot. :clap:

I too am happy as a clam with my 2018 Eldorado , but stock , at low speeds it,
truly sucked . However it's since been dramatically improved for small money .
And if any performance improvements have been done , then Todd's fueling
gets great reviews . Peter

I'm really happy with my Audace. Mine has also been completely transformed for small money.
No more jerking and idle is stable.
Love the Guzzi

How have you transformed your bike, Moto Uno ?
I'm very interested in

Nothing will transform your motorcycle like Todd’s (GTM) fueling modifications.

This has been repeatedly discussed here by many highly satisfied riders, myself and my 2012 Stelvio included! ;)

Yes, of course, Todd is the big chief for the transformations and special parts for our wonderfull Guzzi.
But my question, was for a potential kit made by Todd to fix the problem (idle and jerking at low speed and high pressure in the tank) ) for my cali E4

to the OP
guzzi's are terrible .

bike on the "tanky size " get a MGX , everything after, feels like bicycle.

i have 8 . if i sell 1 .....i have to get another quickly to fill its' spot.

Back