• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Running In Tips?

Bluntly

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm planning the coming weekend which will be the running in of my new Stelvio, I think I'm going to have to mesh in a couple of chores which will probably mean some highway stuff which I didn't want to do to much of, about 550km/340miles apart from this I'll try and take in the scenery, I'm thinking of taking her to 2000m/6000ft in the mountains.

Any tips or suggestions on running in a Guzzi, I'm pretty religious about running in bikes well....Then I don't feel guilty when I wring their necks later B)

EDIT: Passed by the dealers to sign a registration paper, the Techie told me he was about to start her up for the first time and would I like to hang about, nothings as good as sex, but this was pretty close! :)

Waiting for a new bike is also the nearest thing to waiting for your child to be born! :lol:

I can offer three hints.

1) Guzzis take ages to run in (probably at least 5-10,000km to be fully "in")
2) Guzzis like to rev, don't baby the engine
3) see point 1

Thank God That's over!

I think it was the longest running in time I've had on any bike, 2 weeks, caused by a busy time at work :(

It's been like being in bed with a hot chick whos wearing tights :mrgreen: (Riding the bike, not work!)

I had the 1500km service yesterday and took it up to 7000rpm through the box on the way home.

Life begins!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

My only surprise was that the techie (Who I think is one of the best) told me to use top quality synthetic oil only, for some reason I was thinking mineral oil to start (a'la BMW).

Bluntly said:
Thank God That's over!

I think it was the longest running in time I've had on any bike, 2 weeks, caused by a busy time at work :(

It's been like being in bed with a hot chick whos wearing tights :mrgreen: (Riding the bike, not work!)

I had the 1500km service yesterday and took it up to 7000rpm through the box on the way home.

Life begins!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

My only surprise was that the techie (Who I think is one of the best) told me to use top quality synthetic oil only, for some reason I was thinking mineral oil to start (a'la BMW).

NO,No, No, Listen to the Techie, He is correct and use 4T synthetic 10w60, it's in your manual !

draidt said:
NO,No, No, Listen to the Techie, He is correct and use 4T synthetic 10w60, it's in your manual !

I will, I didn't check the oil in the manual as I usually ask the techies anyway...as I said, it was a surprise, been on the Beemers too long :sick:

Back