• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sad day

loftyjohn

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi gang
As you all know I have suffered a catalogue of problems in my brief encounter with Moto guzzi.
It is with great sadness I must inform you I have rejected my beautiful Stelvio:(
I returned the bike this morning with a very rattley top end.
It didn't dissapoint in my final journey. Fireing on only 1 pot, trying to stall at every set of lights or island.
Oh and the speedo showed 187mph then went blank(quickest Stelvio ever made, stationary at the time though)

I will keep you all informed how it is resolved.

Loftyjohn:(

Bollocks John. Well, you know what they say... third time's a charm. ;)

Please do keep us posted, and see if you can get photos this time of the failed/failing bits.

What Todd said... :S

I wonder what it is that is going wrong with them, You would think they would let you know wouldn't you. Will you ask for a new bike or your money back?

Interestingly has the same problem occured on both bikes you have owned? and what mileage are you on?

I am gutted for you.

Hi John,
sorry to read about your 2nd Stelvio, it is just unbelievable and I get a sick feeling of reading all the engine issues.:angry:
I really hope your bike can be reanimated!
I just checked the VIN of your new bike, it is 2083, mine is 1962 and is still ok but only covered 4000km (way below the 'acid test' of 10000miles) so if yours was made on a Monday, mine must have been made on a Friday...
To other forum members: Would there be a way to summarize all VIN's with problems and mileage to get an impression of the size of the issue?
Cheers,
Luc

Strewth - if it were my bike I would be so ropeable I'd want to find the mongrel responsible and ............

I hope there's going to be a good ending to the story.

Hi guys, yes a sad day by the sound of it.
I looked at the cams on mine Saturday. The cams had a little wear showing but not alot. The problem, on mine, is the cam followers. They are hopefully in pic 3 of the attatched file. They are approx 20mm diameter, 50 mm long on one end is a bigger disc, (all one bit). the disc is what you see in the picture, it's approx 28 mm dia and 3mm thick. This is the part that was totally worn away on 2 of my valves. The rest were at various states of wear. I will try tomorrow to get some pic's

It's the one you can get off ebay for about £3. there was a link on the old site but I cant find it. I have it here 4 MB so if anyone wants a copy e mail me at : gary@rendle4.wanadoo.co.,uk and I'll send a copy.

Laugh or what, when I first got a copy it was showing a complete engine strip.................I thouight I'll not need this for a few years, lol

percival wrote:
Hi gang
As you all know I have suffered a catalogue of problems in my brief encounter with Moto guzzi.
It is with great sadness I must inform you I have rejected my beautiful Stelvio:(
I returned the bike this morning with a very rattley top end.
It didn't dissapoint in my final journey. Fireing on only 1 pot, trying to stall at every set of lights or island.
Oh and the speedo showed 187mph then went blank(quickest Stelvio ever made, stationary at the time though)

I will keep you all informed how it is resolved.

Loftyjohn:(

Loftyjohn, you couldn't make up a story of a bike with more problems. What a nightmare! Since you can still manage the patience to let us know how the bike is faring, you're somehow handling this. Best of luck!

Hi Gang

Yes Brian I think you have hit the nail smack bang on the head!

I am in the hands of Piaggio UK at this moment, the big cheese is visiting Speedaway today.
I am hoping for a quick decision, I have told Paul I do not want another Guzzi.

What a shame such a good looking bike with so much potential is being let down with such poor build quality.
I have requested a full refund from Guzzi.
Paul at Speedaway is just as concerned as I am, They have got 1 new stelvio, their own demo and my old bike all for sale(which has recently been fitted with a whole new head) and if this one is rejected they will have repair and sell as well.

They are not stupid at these M/G dealerships they visit the forums as well as we do, there are a few Stelvios now with very similar problems.
Some problems have carried over from the Griso 4v and NOT been delt with.
But Head problems seem only to be afecting the Stelvio 4v.

Let's hope the new 1200 sport 4v has better fortunes than the Stelvios?

The question is what do I do with the cash if it arrives:laugh:
I am leaning towards a 990 Adventure at the moment:)

Loftyjohn

PS. I might have some Stelvio bits for sale soon:laugh:

What ever you do dont get a GS. The recovery guy said he see's loads of them.

All my parts turned up today. 2 complete cam assembly's So it'll be ready for me when I get back from Sweden, nextTuesday, I'll be using the Pan Euro for the next couple of months for the long journeys, but come March the Stelvio will be doing 2-2500 miles a month again.

That'll sort the men from the boy's, or at least show if the cam followers have been sorted.

Hi Gang

Gary R. glad to hear your bits have come, I have PM'ed you!
Check your inbox.

Loftyjohn

PS. I have still got my beautiful Big Red (noisy) Beasty:laugh:
Well have you looked and tried out the opposition:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All the best looking Adventure Bikes are Italian made:
Stelvio, Granpasso and Amazonas.
It looks like I will have to develope my sense of humour further:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Back