Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

SAD NEWS FROM AUSTRALIA....

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by Brooksie, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Brooksie

Brooksie Tuned and Synch'ed

Moto Guzzi here in Australia are no longer importing the Stelvio NTX.......

I am so glad I scooped one up last year before they ran out !

Certainly hanging on to mine, I love it ! 12604929_796698320476239_7574141998879403633_o.jpg

Attackpug likes this.
  2. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

Very nice looking sled you have there.

Brooksie likes this.
  3. Brooksie

Why thank you. My other bike (Only on very sunny days).............Love both of them and enjoying retirement ! 11223560_854206654725405_5597973091479430669_o.jpg

4. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

I work in Dubai with Indians, and they introduced me to the coolness that is Royal Enfield. The Indians seem to love the 350 bullet the most oddly enough. I took one for a ride and was immediately charmed by the ride, feel and sound. There is something about that old school thumper that is macho as hell. The ones they sell here have the rear wheel guards to keep your lady's dress from getting tangled in the spokes. I think they call them Saree guards. I wouldn't mind having one of these with a side hack for a beach cruisers. You Aussies sure demonstrate style when it comes to machinery appreciation, that is for sure. I am a big fan of the Holden made Caprice Classics with the high output V8s. They freaking fly. I do not even want to say how fast I drove one to the airport in Kuwait once when a buddy was late heading home.

Brooksie likes this.
  5. AlanNZ

AlanNZ Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'm guessing same will apply to NZ.

Brooksie likes this.
  6. Brooksie

Ticks to all you have mentioned above !.........I have a friend in India, and he owns a Bullet 350 (complete with the spokey thingy attached)...........and yes, I do believe they are on the same level as the Sacred Cow is to Hindus ! I just love the look, the sound, the chunkiness and love putting around on it. I am a fussy old Dude, and love giving all the chrome on it the attention it needs.

Anyhow, enough of the RE...........As mentioned, I love the Stelvio for my longer rides and trips away.........It too, has that lovely pur and agricultural feel to it, being air and oil cooled........Love the V TWIN 1200

Cheers and great to chat
    Keep safe and Groovy
    Brooksie

7. Brooksie

I suppose so my Kiwi friend.........However, I do not understand why ?......They are a fantastic bike and at about 11 K cheaper than the BMW equivalent, absolute bargain !!

Cheers

8. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

I wonder if that is a temporary thing until the reduce some warehouse stock or something.

9. Spiegelmann

Spiegelmann Just got it firing!

They`re also stop selling in Europe. The culprits are the new European emission Standards.
    (Euro 4 for motorcycles) From next year ,non-compliant vehicles cannot be sold in the EU
    Let`s see if the Stelvio comes up with a new motor.

Brooksie likes this.
  10. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

let's hope not. after 8 years they almost have this one sorted out.

Brooksie likes this.
  11. AlanNZ

AlanNZ Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'm about to take delivery of my old thumper. An original Guzzi Falcone with lower km than my Stelvio. Can't wait.
    Alan NZ

Brooksie likes this.
  12. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The way the environmentalist are going, manufactures may be run out of business. We will be back to horse an buggy. Then they will regulate horse emissions!! And good luck with that.

Brooksie likes this.
  13. Brooksie

That is sad news my German friend !..............I hope they can avoid changing that " wunderbar Motor ......... Es ist die Art und Weise perfekt ist es !!!!!!

We will have to wait and see.

Prost
    Brooksie

14. Brooksie

I will probably hear it from across the 'Channel,'..........Too Groovy !

15. Brooksie

You're right !.........However, they do not seem to worry about the emissions from all the fighter jets/bombers and the bombs/missiles that are in use every day, not to mention the manufacturing of all things nasty !!!!!.......Just saying !!