• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sammy Miller Museum

Dave.N

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I have just spent a week in Hampshire and while there visited the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum.
For those who have not heard of him Sammy was a champion trials rider who also had some road racing success in the 1950's, he is 88 years old and still rides the exhibits regularly. When we visited he was out buying more bikes to restore for the museum.
The museum is well worth a visit if you ever get the chance with a good mix of road, trials and racing bikes from about 1895 up to the mid 1970's.
here's a few photos to wet your appetite.

IMG 2240 IMG 2241 IMG 2242 IMG 2250

When I was last in Mandello del Lario a couple of years ago, I spent the afternoon with a docent at the Moto Guzzi factory museum as we were the only 2 there that day. We talked a lot about the V8.

According to the docent, there are 2 actual original V8’s that the factory produced. Both still belong to the factory.

All the few others scattered around the world and in the hands of a couple of private citizens, are replicas. Some are spot on replicas but replicas all the same.

I don’t know for sure but this particular docent was in his late 80’s and had worked at the factory for 40+ years from the time he was a very young man, and knew Guilio Cesare Carcano personally and worked with him daily.

I took his word on it. He seemed very knowledgeable.

I think the V8 is a replica, when we decided to go there I was going to ask if it was a genuine one but I forgot.

I think the V8 is a replica, when we decided to go there I was going to ask if it was a genuine one but I forgot.
Most are reproductions. The paint alone to me, says it is. I got to sit on one of the real ones at the factory. There’s also a repro in Solvang, CA (pic link below), and he also has a real-deal Britten. Virgil also had the V8 crankshaft displayed with the bike.
I nearly got to race this one in some vintage races here in SoCal back in ‘03, but he couldn’t get it to run satisfactorily enough to do so.
There is/was someone who had the molds and was recasting/remaking most of the V8 parts to make them, in Mandello, so the story goes. I’ve also heard that the repros can be found in the most random places in Mandello.

Back