• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Save Moto Guzzi

I seem to recall the number 1200 (or 2000). Anyway, lots :)

Holt's article seems to be a letter from Piaggio. If so, good to see a reaction from them!

But do we trust them to any extent? Quite a few people here seem not to, and appear angry that 50 people will be sent on early retirement. I just don't know...

WCB: I've also seen a few snide remarks (not on here) about the local 'rotary club' taking over the Piazza later in the evening, supposedly with hardly-meant questions and signs of supports to employees and riders. Was it really like that, or did those remarks simply expose an inferiority complex in those who made them?

Ah, well;

Somehow I cannot understand why Piaggio would buy the Aprilia/MotoGuzzi labels, keeping MG alive for - is it 5 years by now? - just for closing the factory in this stage when new models (Stelvio, Bellagio) and V7's seems to be more than just eye-catchers.

But the going-out-of business-theme seems to be a favourite among Guzzisti.

RJVB said:
I seem to recall the number 1200 (or 2000). Anyway, lots :)

Holt's article seems to be a letter from Piaggio. If so, good to see a reaction from them!

But do we trust them to any extent? Quite a few people here seem not to, and appear angry that 50 people will be sent on early retirement. I just don't know...

WCB: I've also seen a few snide remarks (not on here) about the local 'rotary club' taking over the Piazza later in the evening, supposedly with hardly-meant questions and signs of supports to employees and riders. Was it really like that, or did those remarks simply expose an inferiority complex in those who made them?

I didn't see any "rotarians" so to speak, and if they were there and that was happening, it sure wasn't obvious to me. It is possible I didn't see it though as it was quite a mob scene. Lots of bikes and lots of people. We also didn't stick around for very long as we had a flight to catch to come home later early in the morning.

Just read on a Dutch site that the moving of the Guzzi factory has been cancelled by Piaggio. :D Downside 50 of 150 employees have to go on early retirement..... :(

Those Dutch are late (for once? :whistle: ), this has been known since the 22nd of Septembre ;)

News about Mandello!!!

Roberto Colannino just confirmed that the Guzzi production will remain at the factory in Mandello, while the design and prototype work will be taken to Noale.

Milano 23 ottobre 2009 – “La produzione delle Moto Guzzi resterà a Mandello del Lario. Nell’impianto industriale saranno costruiti i motori, come già avviene oggi, e assemblate le moto”. Lo annuncia Roberto Colaninno, presidente del Gruppo Piaggio, ad oggi titolare del Marchio dell’aquila lecchese. Colaninno promette pure che l’Aquila tornerà a volare, grazie ad un piano industriale che prevede “la progettazione di nuovi modelli, che saranno presentati nel biennio 2011-2012”. Le nuove idee, però, non nasceranno più a Mandello, perché, come conferma il patron della Piaggio “trasferiremo il reparto di ricerca e sviluppo a Noale, che per noi rappresenta un punto di eccellenza”. Colaninno ha raggiunto un accordo con le parti politiche, nella riunione che si è tenuta oggi, presso la sede del Consiglio Regionale della Lombardia. È stata indetta dal viceministro alle Infrastrutture e ai Trasporti Roberto Castelli (Lega) e aveva come tema il tentativo di trovare un punto d’incontro tra Piaggio, Comune di Mandello del Lario, Provincia di Lecco e Regione Lombardia sul futuro della Moto Guzzi, che potrebbe non essere tragico, come si era prospettato, bensì roseo. L’obiettivo di Colaninno è: “arrivare a break-even con 4.500 moto”. Questa sarà la quota di vendite che la Casa dell’Aquila dovrà raggiungere per cominciare a realizzare utili. Per il momento l’azienda è ferma a circa 3.500 pezzi e Colaninno pensa di raggiungere le mille unità in più “concentrandoci sull’aumento della qualità dei nostri prodotti”.

http://www.motociclismo.it/edisport/mot ... conferma--“Produzione-Guzzi-a-Mandello.-R-D-a-Noale”-

Zapa said:
News about Mandello!!!
Roberto Colannino just confirmed that the Guzzi production will remain at the factory in Mandello, while the design and prototype work will be taken to Noale.
icon_duim.gif

Though one step towards moving it, will have begun if design and prototyping being relocated... smart step if that's the case.

Brevabrabo said:
RJVB said:
Those Dutch are late (for once? :whistle: ), this has been known since the 22nd of Septembre ;)

At least faster than the Spanish..... ;)
Shush you, I brought the OFFICIAL stuff!!! :lol:

Zapa, could you make a TinyURL out of it? It still doesn't work, there must be "weird characters" in there that confuse the forum software...

RJVB said:
Zapa, could you make a TinyURL out of it? It still doesn't work, there must be "weird characters" in there that confuse the forum software...

Go to http://www.motociclismo.it
The article will be clickable from the front page.

di Lorenzo Motta

Milano 23 ottobre 2009 – “La produzione delle Moto Guzzi resterà a Mandello del Lario. Nell’impianto industriale saranno costruiti i motori, come già avviene oggi, e assemblate le moto”. Lo annuncia Roberto Colaninno, presidente del Gruppo Piaggio, ad oggi titolare del Marchio dell’aquila lecchese. Colaninno promette pure che l’Aquila tornerà a volare, grazie ad un piano industriale che prevede “la progettazione di nuovi modelli, che saranno presentati nel biennio 2011-2012”. Le nuove idee, però, non nasceranno più a Mandello, perché, come conferma il patron della Piaggio “trasferiremo il reparto di ricerca e sviluppo a Noale, che per noi rappresenta un punto di eccellenza”. Colaninno ha raggiunto un accordo con le parti politiche, nella riunione che si è tenuta oggi, presso la sede del Consiglio Regionale della Lombardia. È stata indetta dal viceministro alle Infrastrutture e ai Trasporti Roberto Castelli (Lega) e aveva come tema il tentativo di trovare un punto d’incontro tra Piaggio, Comune di Mandello del Lario, Provincia di Lecco e Regione Lombardia sul futuro della Moto Guzzi, che potrebbe non essere tragico, come si era prospettato, bensì roseo. L’obiettivo di Colaninno è: “arrivare a break-even con 4.500 moto”. Questa sarà la quota di vendite che la Casa dell’Aquila dovrà raggiungere per cominciare a realizzare utili. Per il momento l’azienda è ferma a circa 3.500 pezzi e Colaninno pensa di raggiungere le mille unità in più “concentrandoci sull’aumento della qualità dei nostri prodotti”.

Dice Roberto Castelli: “Abbiamo preso atto che Piaggio intende mantenere la produzione della Moto Guzzi nello stabilimento di Mandello del Lario e questo per me è un elemento di grande soddisfazione. Probabilmente dovranno essere fatti dei sacrifici, ma l’impegno dei dirigenti è di mantenere l’occupazione dei lavoratori”. Colaninno è convinto: “Rilanceremo la Guzzi, anche perché la Casa dell’aquila è di interesse turistico per il territorio e su di essa puntano le istituzioni”.

Per la Provincia di Lecco si dice soddisfatto l’assessore allo Sviluppo Economico e al Mercato del Lavoro Fabio Dadati (PDL), che specifica: “Piaggio ha confermato il vecchio piano industriale di investimento di 12 milioni di euro per la ristrutturazione dei capannoni di Mandello, che saranno, però riferiti al biennio 2012-2013”. Dadati aggiunge una nota sugli ammortizzatori sociali: “Chi non potrà essere prepensionato nei prossimi tre anni o essere messo in mobilità, sarà, comunque, assistito dalla cassa integrazione straordinaria di dodici mesi”.

Spiega il Presidente del Consiglio Regionale della Lombardia Giulio De Capitani (Lega): “È stato un incontro informale, ma propedeutico ad affrontare la crisi che sta attraversando la Moto Guzzi. L’aspetto più positivo da sottolineare è che la proprietà ha garantito la presenza produttiva sul territorio, a fronte anche di un piano di investimenti notevole”. De Capitani, come Castelli, è lecchese di origine e tiene a precisare che “per me la Moto Guzzi, in qualità di Presidente del Consiglio Regionale, rappresenta un’identità territoriale, ma come per tutti i cittadini di Lecco, l’Azienda non è Guzzi, bensì Güzzi, con la ü lombarda”.

È meno tranquillo il sindaco di Mandello del Lario: “Non è cambiato nulla sugli esuberi. Restiamo preoccupati, perché il piano industriale è lo stesso presentato due anni fa. Apprezziamo il fatto che Colaninno abbia deciso recuperare l’investimento di dodici milioni di euro, seppur all’interno di un piano quinquennale. Siamo anche felici di sapere che il Gruppo piaggio investirà risorse per potenziare lo sviluppo del Marchio, ma non ci convince il trasferimento della progettazione a Noale. Speriamo che pur partendo da Noale lo sviluppo, possa mantenere un legame con Mandello”. Rassicura, però Dadati: “All’interno del polo di eccellenza del mercato di Provincia, Camera di Commercio di Lecco e Regione Lombardia si sono già attivati con un’unità di crisi con il compito di affiancamento dei lavoratori che perderanno il posto alla Moto Guzzi e farà sì che possano, comunque, continuare lavorare nel settore della moto e, magari, nell’indotto Moto Guzzi, attraverso dei corsi di formazione”. Insomma è volontà delle istituzioni salvaguardare tutti i dipendenti della Casa dell’Aquila, ma ora dopo l’accordo con i Politici, Colaninno dovrà trovare un’intesa con il sindacato FIOM-CGIL per definire come gestire gli esuberi, causati dal trasferimento della progettazione.

RJVB said:
It was the " characters in the link. You can copy the full line and paste in the browser or just read what Holt copied. It's the full article anyway.

Back