• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SAVE MPH!

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All, in efforts to "petition" Piaggio U.S. to keep MPH Cycles on board (see this THREAD), please sound off below with the following information:
Name - City, State - Customer or not -- Follow with any note you'd like.
All those listed below will be forwarded officially to Piaggio U.S.:

1. Todd Eagan - Los Angeles, CA - Customer -- Why let one of the most knowledgeable, helpful dealers in the U.S. go? They have proven to far exceed their responsibilities to the brand in every way imaginable over the years, to all Guzzisti from around the World.
2. Price Sloan - Los Angeles, CA - Customer -- MPH is one of the only dealers I will deal with. From Texas they support the So-Cal Guzzi group. Which is more than some of the local dealers do. It would be a shame to lose such a dedicated and knowledgeable dealer.
3. Russ Huffman - Jeffersonville, GA - Customer -- Took my EV all the way to Houston and MPH for major service and repairs last Spring. Over 800 miles, one way, for their expertise. Why? Because there was no one around here that compared. Now where will I go ? Seattle maybe ? Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable
4. Chad Lewis - IL - Customer -- MPH is always a pleasure to deal with and a real credit to Moto Guzzi, losing them will be a real shame.
5. Dave Pond, AL - No business (yet) - I sure hate to see any Guzzi dealer go away because there aren't that many around here. Plus these guys have a stellar reputation, even more reason to keep them around.
6. Bruce Brodnax - Laguna Niguel, CA - not a customer -- User of their website and look forward to being a customer in the (as yet) distant future when I move back to Texas. Insane of PiaggioUSA to alienate their pitifully small but dedicated existing dealer base.
7. Michael Myers, Elkridge Md. - Not a customer of MPH -- Owner of two Guzzis.
I think Piaggio needs to re-evaluate its understanding of how to sell bikes. You see, the customer is the most important thing to a company trying to sell things, followed by the dealers who actually sell the things to the customers. When you have a dealer that does a good job of taking care of the customer and selling your product you should value that relationship and do what it takes to maintain it. Without quality dealers, you will have no customers. With out dealers and customers you will not sell bikes, no matter how good they are.

Price Sloan Los Angeles ca. MPH is one of the only dealers I will deal with. From Texas they support the So-Cal Guzzi group. Which is more than some of the local dealers do. It would be a shame to lose such a dedicated and knowledgable dealer.

Russ Huffman, Jeffersonville, GA. Took my EV all the way to Houston and MPH for major service and repairs last Spring. Over 800 miles, one way, for their expertise. Why? Because there was no one around here that compared. Now where will I go ? Seattle maybe ?

Chad Lewis IL, Customer MPH is always a pleasure to deal with and a real credit to Moto Guzzi, losing them will be a real shame.

Well said Pete. Dealer support by the importer has always been an problem, well, maybe not as much as a problem when Fran Contaldi and his crew were the importers. Once the importer is owned by the corporate entity, now Piaggio, they have set up a system that dealers can't live with. I feel that in the US, we are lucky that all of the dealers haven't told them to "stuff it."

pete roper wrote:
I don't think its a matter of saving them. As a dealer MPH is gone, get over it.

By all means express your dis-satisfaction with the situation to Piaggio USA but I would suggest that a better bet would be to write directly to the parent company, hard copy, reciepted delivery, and lay out in no uncertain terms why you think that the parent company is doing itself a big dis-service by using this bunch of tools as their sales and marketing arm.
Pete, they haven't thrown in the towel just yet.

I intend on delivering a letter with the above names in a registered mail copy as well.

RacerX wrote:
All, in efforts to "petition" Piaggio U.S. to keep MPH Cycles on board (see this THREAD), please sound off below with the following information:
City and state, bike buyer - city. state -- state whether you are a customer -OR- no business whatsoever, but hate to see them go, follow with any note you'd like. All those listed below will be forwarded officially to Piaggio U.S.

1. Todd Eagan - Los Angeles, CA - Customer -- Why let one of the most knowledgeable, helpful dealers in the U.S. go? They have proven to far exceed their responsibilities to the brand in every way imaginable over the years, to all Guzzisti from around the World.
2. Price Sloan - Los Angeles, CA - Customer -- MPH is one of the only dealers I will deal with. From Texas they support the So-Cal Guzzi group. Which is more than some of the local dealers do. It would be a shame to lose such a dedicated and knowledgeable dealer.
3. Russ Huffman - Jeffersonville, GA - Customer -- Took my EV all the way to Houston and MPH for major service and repairs last Spring. Over 800 miles, one way, for their expertise. Why? Because there was no one around here that compared. Now where will I go ? Seattle maybe ? Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable
4. Chad Lewis - IL - Customer -- MPH is always a pleasure to deal with and a real credit to Moto Guzzi, losing them will be a real shame.
5. Dave Pond, AL - No business (yet) - I sure hate to see any Guzzi dealer go away because there aren't that many around here. Plus these guys have a stellar reputation, even more reason to keep them around .

Count me in..........

RacerX wrote:
pete roper wrote:
Pete, they haven't thrown in the towel just yet.

I intend on delivering a letter with the above names in a registered mail copy as well.

Just got the email. Sorry I misread the situation. I'm just trying to think how i can respond as an 'Out of Towner'.

Pete

I'll certainly write something up and send it.

Todd, could you post who you will be addressing your letter to and where you are sending it? Are they already in their fancy Manhattan office?

Thanks,

Jason

Bruce Brodnax - Laguna Niguel, CA - not a customer. User of their website and look forward to being a customer in the (as yet) distant future when I move back to Texas. Insane of PiaggioUSA to alienate their pitifully small but dedicated existing dealer base.

So this is not a case of Piaggio rejecting MPH, but MPH rejecting Piaggio's terms & conditions and stuff?

If so, it may be a much better way to get support also from (to cite Pete) out-of-towners to compose the letter you plan to send, listing the issues and how you'd like to see them change, put it online on a petition site like I used, let it "run" for a while, and then send the letter with the collected signatures. I'd certainly sign.

Michael Myers, Elkridge Md., Not a customer of MPH. Owner of two Guzzis.
I think Piaggio needs to re-evaluate its understanding of how to sell bikes. You see, the customer is the most important thing to a company trying to sell things, followed by the dealers who actually sell the things to the customers. When you have a dealer that does a good job of taking care of the customer and selling your product you should value that relationship and do what it takes to maintain it.
Without quality dealers, you will have no customers. With out dealers and customers you will not sell bikes, no matter how good they are.

Aaron Medick NYC, NY - MPH is one of the very few dealers I trust to do business with.

Back