• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sayonara Axone!

I think my mechanic told me that the Axone itself will still work, but there's a software update for it.

krglorioso said:
To what degree can other diagnostic tools be used to tune Guzzi fuel injection? If my question is naive, I apologize. My knowledge of motorbike electrics (much less electronics) stems from some years as a Velocette mechanic long ago. I was pretty adept then at setting mechanical voltage regulators and repairing BTH magnetos.

Also, am I wrong to believe that the automotive industry probably also uses Weber-Marelli pumps and Marelli injection? What tools do they use? Are these not usable on Guzzis?

I won't even ask if the later Amal Mk.II Concentric carburetors can be fitted in lieu of the Marelli injectors. My heart flutters at the very thought!

The problem is that updates/support will no longer be available for Axone to update maps in ECUs. VDSTS/Centurion by Techno Research can be used to do everything but update maps and is availble from Guzzitech https://www.guzzitech.com/store/TR-VDSTS.html for anyone to use. The replacement Navigator (which will be supported until they decide to discontinue it and replace with something new) probably will cost close to the appromately $3,000.00 that Axone cost. This is a price point that with the close margin in motorcycle work is difficult to recoup and could be the straw that breaks the camel's back when in comes to working with Guzzi as a dealer or service center.

Our Axone has been a monumental disappointment.
We've got over 50K invested in diagnostic tools.
Axone is the least useful.
Hard sell to pony up another 3K.
Mike suggested a trial. We'll see.

Re: Re:Sayonara Axone!

RJVB said:
What's the average dealer profit made on a new Guzzi sold, and/or on a new Aprilia?

If a dealer makes 10%, that's a good deal.
Many are done skinnier than that.
9 new Guzzis on Ebay right now.
In direct violation of Dealer Manual.
I've given up forwarding ads to Piaggio.
There are zero new Vespas for sale by dealers on Ebay.
They have the power to prevent it, but choose not to in the case of Guzzi.

toddhaven said:
Our Axone has been a monumental disappointment.
We've got over 50K invested in diagnostic tools.
Axone is the least useful.
Hard sell to pony up another 3K.
Mike suggested a trial. We'll see.

Todd's favorite "diagnostic tool"

speculum.jpg

john zibell said:
The problem is that updates/support will no longer be available for Axone to update maps in ECUs. VDSTS/Centurion by Techno Research can be used to do everything but update maps and is availble from Guzzitech https://www.guzzitech.com/store/TR-VDSTS.html for anyone to use. The replacement Navigator (which will be supported until they decide to discontinue it and replace with something new) probably will cost close to the appromately $3,000.00 that Axone cost. This is a price point that with the close margin in motorcycle work is difficult to recoup and could be the straw that breaks the camel's back when in comes to working with Guzzi as a dealer or service center.

As a 'Service Agent' I don't even get to make any porofit from sales. All I do is get the flack from unhappy customers and fix up supposed 'Dealer' stuff-ups. I also have a bit of an odd ethical code which means that I can't bring myself to charge customers $400 fo re-setting their TPS, which is really just about the only thing the Texa product is good for apart from downloading new maps and the Technoresearch product will do that a lot more cheaply and efficiently than the Axone.

I haven't had a FRACTION of the price recouped on the purchase of the tool and I doubt whether being a 'Service agent' recoups me anything close to the $500 per annum I am charged for the privilege! While I stick with it because, basically, if I don't help out I feel that the whole marque will effectively die in my region and I do genuinely LIKE Guzzi, it does mean that it is VERY hard to swallow the idea that I'm going to be expected to shell out another $3,500 for another shite tool that may cease to be supported in three years! I have been told that there MAY be a cheaper option that will allow me to use the speculum, sorry, Axone, as an interface between Laptop and machine. A figure of something like $800 was mentioned WRT that product but even so????

Given the fact that map modifiers are now becomming available for the W5.9AM 'pootered bikes there is even less incentive to go with the Texa option. Why bother when you can tune it properly for a customer by using an add-on like the PCV???

I find the whole thing a dreary fantasy! Do they really BELIEVE there is so much money in selling or working on Guzzis that they can gouge their service agents and dealers so willfully? While at the same time being willing to give a 'Dealership', (in the USA there doesn't even seem to be a requirement to have a mechanic or any workshop in some cases :roll: ) to anybody who will put up some cash for floorstock? Not only is it BAD for the end customer, it is also BAD business.

Ah, fuggit, who really cares???

Pete

Back